Looting and Jumping with Destroyer is glitchy in Open Space

Looting:  Sometimes when in a destroyer, I can pick up something nearly 1000m away. Other times at 300m I can’t. Nothing is obstructing me from the container/mineral.  It is quite annoying. Please address??  it seems your orientation or the container’s relation to the center of your ship affects it.  It should just be 1000m pull from any point on your ship.

Jumping through the gates: This seems to be a similar issue with Destroyers and warp gates between sectors.  600m away, can’t jump.  300m, away. jump! Wait, I turned a smidge. Let’s stop jumping.  Ooops, I went slightly through the other side but still literally instead the blue energy, let’s stop jumping.  What is up with this behavior?  Please address this as well!

EDIT: Can anyone else confirm that they encounter this?

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

Looting:  Sometimes when in a destroyer, I can pick up something nearly 1000m away. Other times at 300m I can’t. Nothing is obstructing me from the container/mineral.  It is quite annoying. Please address??  it seems your orientation or the container’s relation to the center of your ship affects it.  It should just be 1000m pull from any point on your ship.

Jumping through the gates: This seems to be a similar issue with Destroyers and warp gates between sectors.  600m away, can’t jump.  300m, away. jump! Wait, I turned a smidge. Let’s stop jumping.  Ooops, I went slightly through the other side but still literally instead the blue energy, let’s stop jumping.  What is up with this behavior?  Please address this as well!

Thanks

Yes, I can. It’s annoying. I’ll make this bug report once I ran out of other bug reports.

same problem about gates…

but for loots, i prefer a fast and agile ship in os…less problems…

but it’s just me : )

This is the same bug:

It is also effecting the Warp Reflector currently to a greater extent as it cannot fire through static shields as well as every component of the Destroyer.

9 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

This is the same bug:

It is also effecting the Warp Reflector currently to a greater extent as it cannot fire through static shields as well as every component of the Destroyer.

Yup, and same thing for the vigilant

Yeah dessy modules and engines will block radars, LoS, and loot interaction. Just turn a little and it will be solved. But it’s really annoying when you deploy a repair drone and it’s “behind” a module so it won’t heal you, wasting all that energy. XD

21 hours ago, Phalnax811 said:

Thanks

Not a bug… distance is [center ship] vs [center object] but pickup range is [closest pixel hull] vs [center object]

10 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Not a bug… distance is [center ship] vs [center object] but pickup range is [closest pixel hull] vs [center object]

You seem to have missed the point. As per my bug report I linked, the components of Destroyers (modules and ship parts) are blocking sensors are in turn cancelling actions despite being within range for the actions to continue.

On 16.04.2018 at 11:33 PM, Phalnax811 said:

How to reproduce it?

Reproducible by lining up a module with an object. It is especially evident on ships with modules on the side (hence why I used Tyrant to demonstrate).

6 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Hide contents

Reproducible by lining up a module with an object. It is especially evident on ships with modules on the side (hence why I used Tyrant to demonstrate).

Thank you for posting in my stead as I wouldn’t been able to for some time.

+1

Sidenote: I would love to see Destroyers physically be 2x their size. They feel so baby.

step-by-step description needed for

On 16.04.2018 at 11:33 PM, Phalnax811 said:

I can pick up something nearly 1000m away

5 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

1000m might’ve been an overestimate but right around 800 or so is when I can pick things up in a Destroyer right? Well sometimes I can’t and seems to be due to orientation to the container/ore. Sometimes I have to get right on top of it and even them, sometimes it doesn’t allow me to pick it up… or will stop picking it up when it is clearly visible but I moved a smidge.  

Go to open space in a Destroyer and try to pick up objects - it should in theory be inconsistent.  This happens when I have good connection too.

9 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

1. Get a destroyer to open space.

2. Find a nearby container. 

3. Get to less than 900m from that container (you want to be able to pick up the container)

4. Rotate your destroyer that you will have centre of rotation, any active module and container in one line

5. Result - container will disappear from the sensors and message about possibility of picking it up will disappear as well

That effect can be repeated with any object that you can have an interaction with (ores, jumpgates) or that can be tracked (like ships).