Loot Tables

MK2, MK4, and iridium for PVP, VS A.I., and PVE are removed from the loot pool. Now how are we supposed to make dupes and modules besides farming OS or Gold? Farming OS is still as unrewarding as it was before the patch.

Most of us prefer these game modes over OS. Most would avoid playing OS unless for mono missions. At the moment all I have seen is all credits every match with little to no materials. Those mk2 kits had 5 cpus in them and other materials. I dont see a balance here. 

Rewards before.

screenshot-161003-221955.jpg.631d44f201d53f54c4462c37233bb82b.jpg

Rewards after.

screenshot-161004-021257.jpg.5703cd4494e53abe9baed30993b67df5.jpg

naah.

0487e8fa822518233485e485b8afa2f2.png

The loot tables have never been fair. Just just got considerably less so in this patch is all.

DrDeath said - 

"MK2, MK4, and iridium for PVP, VS A.I., and PVE are removed from the loot pool. Now how are we supposed to make dupes and modules besides farming OS or Gold? Farming OS is still as unrewarding as it was before the patch.

Most of us prefer these game modes over OS. Most would avoid playing OS unless for mono missions. At the moment all I have seen is all credits every match with little to no materials. Those mk2 kits had 5 cpus in them and other materials. I dont see a balance here."

The increasing emphasis on, and pressure to buy, randomised loot containers makes me very uncomfortable.

Some people are much more susceptible to gambling away real money than others.

Surely there must be a healthier way to stabilise game revenue?

59 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Who is this directed to and with what context. I think you may have posted this in the wrong topic.

Why do you think the loot given now is fair compared to before?

I am already out of materials for making dupes. Farming Spec ops just got a lot harder. I relied on loot drops and salvaging for these materials. Once you run out of materials and loyalty you realize how much harder it will be.

32 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

Why do you think the loot given now is fair compared to before?

I am already out of materials for making dupes. Farming Spec ops just got a lot harder. I relied on loot drops and salvaging for these materials. Once you run out of materials and loyalty you realize how much harder it will be.

Nope. Please, if you want make such statements - do some research first. I checked that actually upgrading modules is faster. Salvage kits is gone, but tbh - considered speed of getting Mk2 research upgrade - you can get your resources that way as well. 

Idk, I still liked the old way.

And the contracts for vouchers have also become more restrained. Not only can they only be completed once per (day/8hrs), but they are also extremely increased in difficulty. Not only are the requirements boosted by like 1000%, but they can only be completed while using ships writhing three ranks of your highest ranked ship. So if you are rank 15 and only play tier 3, you’re pretty much screwed.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Idk, I still liked the old way.

And the contracts for vouchers have also become more restrained. Not only can they only be completed once per (day/8hrs), but they are also extremely increased in difficulty. Not only are the requirements boosted by like 1000%, but they can only be completed while using ships writhing three ranks of your highest ranked ship. So if you are rank 15 and only play tier 3, you’re pretty much screwed.

My friends in NASA are laughing that the contracts became so easy that they did already all factions, so… It depends on the player. 

2 minutes ago, niripas said:

My friends in NASA are laughing that the contracts became so easy that they did already all factions, so… It depends on the player. 

I do agree though that the "deal 1,300,000 damage one is a joke. XD

I have received iridium in the victory loot. No mk2 or mk4 but remember we didn’t have actual resources in the loot before that either.

The chances of the iridium containers on the other hand leave something to be desired. ‘‘Random’’ being a monocrystal + not-very-valuable resources for most of it. Haven’t gotten anything else so far at least.

On 10/4/2016 at 4:35 PM, demaneR said:

DrDeath said - 

The increasing emphasis on, and pressure to buy, randomised loot containers makes me very uncomfortable.

Some people are much more susceptible to gambling away real money than others.

Surely there must be a healthier way to stabilise game revenue?

Honestly Putin should come down on Gaijin for doing what is legally defined as gambling - theres just no whistle blower.  Online gambling is completely banned in Russia.   You can potentially go to prison for this and everytime we’ve seen it in courts recently it has been ruled that gambling for pixels is infact still gambling. Gold Standards are the chips. I have no doubt Russia will catch up to the rest of the world in this regard and Gaijin should likely pursue other options to fill their pockets. Its just wrong in the eyes of the state, the government and the world. 

Valve dumped out of gambling. Legislation is being pushed to regulate the internet and online interactions more. 

You have no clue what you are talking about steel.
Gambling is to lose your investment w/o anything in return.
Even with just 1 credits at a ‘lost’ lottery ticket(container) you get something in return. That is by definition NOT gambling. What you expect is out of the definition.
Already said by cin that there is no gambling in the game and proven many times.

54 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Gambling is to lose your investment w/o anything in return.

“The definition of “gambling,” unless changed by statute, consists of any activity with three elements: consideration, chance, and prize.” 

Consideration : “Consideration can have many different meanings […]. But, in general, there is no “gambling” unless a participant is required to risk something of value. […] The legal term for an activity where there is no consideration should be “gift,”…”

Chance:   “Even if a game costs money to enter and therefore has “consideration,” and the winner will receive a thing of value, a “prize,” the contest is technically not gambling if skill predominates over luck in determining the winner”

We can agree that there is consideration and chance involved.

“…staking or risking by any person of something of value upon the outcome of a contest of others, a sporting event, or a game subject to chance, upon an agreement or understanding that the person or another person will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome;”

Prize:" If no prize can be won, the activity in question is classified as an amusement game, not gambling."

Getting or not getting any prize, and getting a prize with lower or higher value will not cancel the fact of gambling activity as long as the result of the whole activity is determined by chance and it is not under the player’s control or influence. When players buy bundles they naturally bet their money on getting the best content out of it. 

I think the only thing that could make this system not be a gambling if there would be a guaranteed prize for each bundle. Not even the guaranteed 1-3 plates of something would serve for this because there is the chance involved in this as well.

From what I have researched so far, it is clear that regulations don’t follow these activities fast enough. 

To me this bundle system is a wagering or betting. Players buy bundles and hope they get the best content out of it. Since every or most bundles have a main contents that players buy them for, chances and risked value are involved, therefore there is no question what this system is, even though it operates within a thin line of loopholes in law.    

Can you post the source of this?

I forgot to save all the sites I searched but here are two that I surely use:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5362

http://www.liebertpub.com/media/content/IGL_02_p11-52.pdf (this was with chapter 1 and cover but for some reason it does not want to pop up again)

the rest will come as soon as I find them again… I haven’t quoted all of them tho.