Linux client will not load

Similar to others posting on here I’m unable to login with the linux client to Star Conflict.

I was hopeful that after today’s update the issue would be resolved.

I am able to login with winbloze and really this is an issue as I get constant crashes over there and really would rather not use that os for religious reasons ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Even the ‘accept new terms’ to the latest update is not functional.  Upon exit of this program from within Steam I’m given an app overlay error.

Can an administrator just break it to us and tell us if linux is being phased out.  I can’t see why the troubling update can’t be retracted.  This app has been updated countless times over the years without issue.

…and of course has to be mentioned this is an awesome game ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

4 hours ago, zorgfromorg said:

I’m unable to login with the linux client to Star Conflict.

Please, attach game logs.

Read this for more information 

Thanks for replying Skula.  I guess I’ll just watch [alpvonkr](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/267098-alpvonkri/ “Go to alpvonkri’s profile”)i’s topic as he has the same issue.  If it gets resolved for him than it will likely clear up for me.

Just to confirm same issue for me. The launcher works but hang on login page (I write hang on and not freeze because I notice that, even if seem freeze the laptop respond to all other commands, including mouse interaction) Looking inside the System Monitor task manager the game is in execution (see screenshot below). In few words, landing on login page you can move the mouse over the login button but clicking do nothing. And do nothing not because freeze but for some other reason, like there’s no button to click. (Maybe important) it happens to me the first time few days ago (before the “game update agreement page”) and it happens also now.
I dont know if is about Steam update since every time I start the laptop I do a check (and in case and update) of the system and stuff about Mint. Then when I launch Steam it automatically update so, when it happens the first time I cannot say what is the the cause, but maybe could be the graphic drivers (?).

Spoiler

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.13.0-27-generic
Uptime: 23m
Packages: 2981
Shell: bash 5.0.17
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Cinnamon 4.8.6
WM: Muffin
Theme: Mint-Y-Dark-Blue (Cinnamox-Rhino)
GTK Theme: Cinnamox-Rhino [GTK2/3]
Icon Theme: Mint-X
Font: Ubuntu 12
Disk: 188G / 234G (85%)
CPU: Intel Core i5-9300H @ 8x 4.1GHz [36.0°C]
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: 4775MiB / 15810MiB

INVALID_FILE_NAME](<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2022_03/1824583480_SCfreeze(Terminal).png.697687c703237de30db72a7b84aded77.png)

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, the launcher hangs on the Login page, buttons are not clickable, also the Credits and Support and the other buttons there seem to be shifted somehow, they look like the screen froze, even though you can move the mouse around.

On my side, I cannot even end the application, I have to restart the X server or even reboot the system, because if I switch to the Desktop, the mouse buttons are not working, so no click on Desktop either.

I have also reinstalled the game, same thing happens.

I have also installed the game on another Linux machine, same behavior.

This seems to be the same I reported and was accepted at:

It’s a fix in progress.