Limited bounties (new)

As we all know, bounties were dropped some time ago because people would be able to “abuse” the system. Although abuse of this system would result in no gain for any party involved, I guess some people are just that paranoid.

With the previous failed system in mind, I propose a system of bounties for the game! (A new one!)

It will work like this: after battle, if an enemy has killed you, or just been really annoying to you, you should be able to right-click their name and click “add bounty”. The “add bounty” function is unlocked oy if both players are at or above level 6.

Clicking this would bring up a UI where you can select what the reward is for killing this person. Rewards are:

1. Credits [Max 200,000] (whoever puts that -really- wants them dead and pestered!)

2. Iridium [Max 75]

3. Materials [Opens selection for materials. NO SHIP PARTS]

4. Gold [Max 100]

Upon setting the reward, the player can select how many kills that the bounty will persist, for a maximum of 10, let’s say.

If there is a bounty on a player’s head, a skull icon will appear next to their name. On the [Tab] screen, mousing over the player shows the bounty contents and how many kills are left.

If there are multiple bounties on one head, each kill grants all of the rewards and depletes a kill for each.

The bounty starter will be notified via mail every time a kill is made and what was withdrawn from their account.

If the user does not have at least (x*(number of kills)+(x*2)) the reward that they put, they cannot place the bounty. (x=placed bounty)

These limitations should be strict enough, and easy enough to program, that the devs should have no problem with them.

Good idea, but could do with some tweaks

Good idea, but could do with some tweaks

Care to elaborate? I can’t do all the thinking around here.

Suggestion seems kind of difficult and rough for now. 

Hmm. I like this bounty thing… with some changes tho.

• It should be restricted to Open Space mode only.
  • Only one bounty per person should be allowed at a time.
  • One person should be allowed to start only one bounty at the time and should not be allowed to do so again within a certain amount of time (in case of fast completion).
  • One person should not have more than one bounty on his head and should not be allowed to hold another one again within a certain amount of time after the completion/termination of the previous bounty.
  • Rewards should be predetermined by devs and could not be exceeded.
  • Bounty should have a time limit. Longer limit should cost more for the bounty placer. If the bounty is not completed, reward should go to the person with the bounty on his head.
  • Placing a bounty on one’s head would cost the bounty starter and should not be refunded even if not completed.
  • Players with any ranks could have a bounty on their heads but the value of bounty should be differentiated so players with highers ranks could be more valuable.
  • Players with bounty on their heads should be killed with ships from the same rank or from maximum +1 rank range that targeted players use in open space at any time. Kills by ships from other (higher) ranks would not result in reward payment and would count as normal kills.
  • A new title “Bounty Hunter” should be created and given to reaching certain amount of kills and/or rewards collected.
  • Both bounty starter and holder should be notified about the reward placement: who placed the bounty, its amount, when, for how long. In case of completion or expiration again both should be informed of the termination of the bounty.
  • A new section should be created in leaderboards for the most bounties collected, carried, placed players.

Neat, but likely complex to implement and not really something that needs to be at the forefront of new content.

Something to think about for the future, perhaps.

I like this idea because it would shake open space mode up a little imo.

But it needs to be created carefully to avoid any kind abusing… Imagine having a bounty on your head placed by Koromac… 1 000 000 000 credits for killing you 100-1000 times :fed006: … You would be screwed and would be better to quit.  :fed_lol:

I like this idea because it would shake open space mode up a little imo.

But it needs to be created carefully to avoid any kind abusing… Imagine having a bounty on your head placed by Koromac… 1 000 000 000 credits for killing you 100-1000 times :fed006: … You would be screwed and would be better to quit. :fed_lol:

Did you even bother to read the guidelines I had up?

There are maximum reward amounts and maximum bounties placed in each person. Also, your suggestions above are really harsh and would make the bounty system much less fun and also harder to

Implement. Just saying.

Also, bounties should not expire nor change. They should be static amounts that can only be cancelled by the submitter, or possibly paid off by the one with the bounty.

Did you even bother to read the guidelines I had up?

There are maximum reward amounts and maximum bounties placed in each person. Also, your suggestions above are really harsh and would make the bounty system much less fun and also harder to

Implement. Just saying.

Also, bounties should not expire nor change. They should be static amounts that can only be cancelled by the submitter, or possibly paid off by the one with the bounty.

I did read your post. In my post I just listed the things and the way I thought this bounty system should and would work. I know there are common things in it. I just followed my thread of reasoning.

On second thought, cancelling the bounty without penalty of losing the placed reward would actually be a good thing.

Paying off bounty is another good thought. Although, I don’t see who would do that and why.

But I still think the rules should be harsh here.

Game=fun

Game=/=tedious and annoying

At least that’s how it’s supposed to be.

Also, there should be no expiration of bounties and the person who has a bounty on their head should not be able to receive the rewards. That’s just not how it works.

the person who has a bounty on their head should not be able to receive the rewards. That’s just not how it works.

True. That wasn’t a good idea. I thought if someone  survives for long enough with a bounty on his head deserves the price.

I can see a lot of abuse and manipulation of this system. I think, with the right efforts, this can be perfected.

I can see a lot of abuse and manipulation of this system. I think, with the right efforts, this can be perfected.

And here we have a prime example of what we don’t need in this topic.

I agree with most ideas from Sinaka. Im indiferent about PVP, perhaps it could be done ingame (in death screen, click something to create the bounty) without a limit of games to be completed.

I agree with most ideas from Sinaka. Im indiferent about PVP, perhaps it could be done ingame (in death screen, click something to create the bounty) without a limit of games to be completed.

This is what I was thinking. Like a little button on the death recap box.

Makes sense. Figured either that or it’s a clickable option like invite to group/remove from friends/etc that you can only see/click when that player kills you in open space.

And here we have a prime example of what we don’t need in this topic.

I don’t see how what he said is unnecessary. Suggestions need player support behind it.

IMO Bounties could last for about a week before expiring, and there is a limit to how high the bounty can go. You can only assign a bounty once per death, and the entire system only works in open space and perhaps only players with negative karma could place bounties.

Players with positive karma could instead get a % bonus to bounty collected, or something. Would create interesting incentive to choose a karma side, especially since currently there’s no reason to do so really.

**1)**IMO Bounties could last for about a week before expiring, and there is **2)**a limit to how high the bounty can go. **3)**You can only assign a bounty once per death, and the **4)**entire system only works in open space and perhaps only players with negative karma could place bounties.

**5)**Players with positive karma could instead get a % bonus to bounty collected, or something. Would create interesting incentive to choose a karma side, especially since currently there’s no reason to do so really.

1. No.

2. Already there.

3. Only doable from the death recap box so… I don’t see how you could do multiple.

4. Nooooooo no no no. I have level 3 karma and am constantly killing people. Would be abused. Also thought it’d be useful for annoying players in PvP that keep pestering one single person.

5. Meh. Could go either way. Would take long to program this though.

1. No.

Because? Endless bounties honestly is far more trouble than it’s worth, and most other games with this system usually have them expire in a week or so.

Also thought it’d be useful for annoying players in PvP that keep pestering one single person.

PvP isn’t the same as open space - you’ve actively committed to a game mode that involves fighting people. This sort of thing happens.

Another thought if this would be implemented in open space. Having a bounty on one’s head would automatically turn station protection off. But karma should not play a role in this.

Bump*