Limit range like you limit speed and RoF

I might receive some rage or total dissagreament and all but i’ll say it. Limit range of weapons to a max of 6.5km or so. Probably a whole re-scale of gun range would be needed, to balance it out. So many new guns and module, but no change to the core mechanics of range/distance. Now every class and type can act as Long range Frigates, shooting at 9km or more. I think it makes no sense to have a game with snipers that cannot return fire with their special abilty. Mid lvl jericho and empire lrf have 8km for jeri and 10km for emp. So yea, they do get shot without being able to return fire. Empire could but stay there, snipe while you eat shells or lasers, not so much of a pratical idea.

9 hours ago, CptDoss said:

I might receive some rage or total dissagreament and all but i’ll say it. Limit range of weapons to a max of 6.5km or so. Probably a whole re-scale of gun range would be needed, to balance it out. So many new guns and module, but no change to the core mechanics of range/distance. Now every class and type can act as Long range Frigates, shooting at 9km or more. I think it makes no sense to have a game with snipers that cannot return fire with their special abilty. Mid lvl jericho and empire lrf have 8km for jeri and 10km for emp. So yea, they do get shot without being able to return fire. Empire could but stay there, snipe while you eat shells or lasers, not so much of a pratical idea.

Or how about we just half the Vacuum laser’s max range. That would solve most of the long range weaponry problems. XD

Nope, not every class can act like a lrf. Only the Vigilant can do that.

So yeah, what Fox said ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

42 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Or how about we just half the Vacuum laser’s max range. That would solve most of the long range weaponry problems. XD

I agree. For one it would be a quick fix. But you guys well know that positrons flux phaser and command phaser gargoyle gun. All can reach about the same as vacuum laser. But Fox Thumb up. i agree. As long as range is the only thing nerfed, considering that Vaccum does alot more dps than the other guns i mentioned and AoE… Tho. If vaccum is nerfed. that mean someone that doesnt use horizons or range crew skill will end up fracked. Well, many ways to fix but many ways to worsen the case too. We’ll see.

Vacuum Resonance Laser indeed does need a range nerf, and potentially also that change to pulsed with spread. Phaser and Flux Phaser ranges could be reduced a little, maybe Kinetic Supercharger and Phase Suppressor too, because it’s a bit weird to have interceptors shooting to almost 4 km range with just the implant bonus.

Frigates are in trouble with all these destroyers around. Their range should never be reduced, merely the opposite.

Don’t forget the plaque that the devs have on their wall in the balance room:

“If it is good, it shouldn’t be.”

Just a plaque?I’d rather say a whole wallpaper and that written in comic sans.

10 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Hahahaha, you made my day. Thanks.

10 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

54 minutes ago, CptDoss said:

Hahahaha, you made my day. Thanks.

made my lousy day too ahahaaha

PM0QORL_700wa_0.gif

I suggested it before that all of the ranges need to be reworked. My 3k optimal gauss tackler used to be a mid- to long-range engager, now it is pretty much short-range…

Even interceptors have a very hard time using their close range weapons because as soon as they get close to any other ship or slow down, they get vapourised.

And destroyers engaging at 8k is just pathetic balancing. There is literally no reason to not fly a destroyer. They can engage at long, medium and close range, they have AOE defensive mods such as the laser, point defense, and the fcking gravy hole if anything gets close to them, and the fed ones have the manoevrability and speed of an empire or jeri fighter, while being able to jump around as if they were a recon or an LRF. Once again, all I can say is that it’s pathetic.

Something else could be done. Weapon would have an effective range. More defined than it is now. For exemple, Positron would be effective from 4km to 6km. Under or over that limit, it lose damage and get increased spread. That limit might be a bit too narrow, but you get the general overall idea.

Than Spec OPs would have to be balanced as well.
Didn’t have gauss 4km base range?