Lets talk about Balance

I open my game took my favorite ships selected our gs sector to collect taxes and pushed the pvp button with 2 secret project ships of mine…

1. battle was a loss we couldn’t hold middle beacon because they were literally farming  my team still took out 6 ppl and capped 2 beacon (while my team nearly had 1 or non) and i said "okey that was a good warm up seems i had little bad luck to get such team) then i hit that pvp button again…

1. battle was a masacre 2 of enemy team were diving in with bubble gunships and killing my self awarness engies and dies after killing 3 ppl. I took a tackler and started to killing them but still they are killing atleast 2 b4 dying so we lost like 11-- 0 while i was having 7 kills in a 5v5 game. I was in a shock because of that but i calmed down took  a sip of water and hit that pvp button again…

1. battle was a Combat recon my cap was a r13 engi while enemy was a gunship so i took my Tackler again did some good fight we were losing by kills so i started to look for their captain took an advantage and killed him at exact same time with a recon jumped to my captain and killed him and ofc we lost by 21-11 kills and still i was had 8 kills there. Then i checked my builds relaxed little bit and even changed a few things on my ships then hitted pvp button again…

1. battle i dont wanna talk anything about it we lost and only person had a point was me and it was 2 kills …

After this i mentioned about this at corp chat and a friend said “u are a good pilot + u are taking damage dealer ships (gauss tackler gunship etc) take a recon or Engi instead you will get better teams” and i did what he said took a good engi only and hitted that pvp button

1. battle was terrible i was keep being overrunned by enemy. I was like going a beacon to help a friend took it and went to another b4 i reach there (in a small map) the beacon was taken back and this happened over and over in the end i had 4 kills with 5 capture but still lost like 400-0 points …

after this battle i looked all of my enemy teams stats they were perfect nearly all of them had 1,5 + win loss and also i calculated their max battle 89k total with that win loss equipping gauss commands or bubble gunship/tacklers and ofc a healer and an ECM in a 5v5 battle then i looked my teams stats and calculated pvp battles and the number is 38k yes there is total of 50k more experience + besides me (1.6 win loss) best of my team had 1.23 with 16k battle and others was less then 1,1 

This is happening to me since this new MM came no matter what ship i take no matter how good i play i am getting reckt by enemy i remember playing for 5 hours pvp only to get my taxes at 5 slotted sector…

I AM NOT LYING OR CRYING this is real and happening since the last patch check my history if u can devs or i can upload those logs if it helps but i want balance here… I cannot carry such a team which is i am not even a good pilot i only have 4k pvp (considering most of my enemies has 12k+ russians) while MM thinking i am the king…

Dear devs please explain me why am i getting losses for nearly every match and how does this MM works and also if YOU can fix this problem

Thank you

Matchmaker’s been pretty bad at making evenly matched games. For the past several patches, the majority of games are totally one-sided – either I lose horribly, or win by a huge margin. I can usually predict the outcome of 75% of games before even spawning in. Matchmaker really needs work. Games are more often a question of luck, now, rather than skill.

>inb4 git gud

I don’t get wins in pvp anymore either. Stopped caring. Stopped playing it. I’ve raised 2 sp interceptors to full synergy in open space  alone now. Cynning and Caltrop.

but… why?

I might be hijacking the thread if I answer it fully, so I’ll keep it to a balance issue. I am into the synergy game, and I keep getting interested in grind tree ships although I have a few premiums, a rank 8 destroyer and two sp’s. Grind tree ships are great and plenty of fun in open space. I do not feel that way about them in skirmish. That led to a habit of just playing open space for everything. I do a few pve’s too, but that’s with r11 ships for beryllium. Once I have a r11 destroyer, I won’t have a use for pve. That’s the short story. Let’s not forget the original post.

1. battle i dont wanna talk anything about it we lost and only person had a point was me and it was 2 kills …

After this i mentioned about this at corp chat and a friend said “u are a good pilot + u are taking damage dealer ships (gauss tackler gunship etc) take a recon or Engi instead you will get better teams” and i did what he said took a good engi only and hitted that pvp button

I dont know who is giving out this advice but when MM starts to decide that you are king and drops you into doomed games then the only response is to bring as much killing power as possible. I know what you mean by the truly awful teams, an engy wont save them. Also stop taking only 1-2 ships. I C U.

I’ve been saying the this trend lately too in pvp (I only hop on every now and then now)… but this isn’t the only problem that has surfaced. Since the latest update wait times are now all above 3 mins. Haven’t had a single case when it was below 3 mins since the update.

Answer depends on how good u are. Better pilots can carry the team, i sometimes managed it. If u fly a high damage dealing ship, it is possible to kill 10-20 enemies in a game, such allowing your team to win even if they die in droves. 

I was a rather decent pilot, constantly killing more people than i died, playing for objectives, and i always expected to get at least a 50/50 Winrate, just because of statistics, but it never happened. That was due to the effect of teams, so now that teams are restricted to two players, u should be able to do it. After all, the matchmaker, if totally random, would generate a 50/50 Winloss rate for everybody after a time. So its impossible u loose all time, just play and u are bound to win a lot. 

Since the MM is balancing pilots according to their raiting now, highly skilled ppl should fight with each other. The battles will be thougher in this case, but newcomers will not be crashed by vets anymore.

Since the MM is balancing pilots according to their raiting now, highly skilled ppl should fight with each other. The battles will be thougher in this case, but newcomers will not be crashed by vets anymore.

Best hopes …

The matchmaking needs to prioritise like this:

1. Ships in lineup equivalent to 2 ranks difference.
  2. Average score in battle determinate of the last 10 battles.
  3. Average kills in battle determinate of the last 10 battles.
  4. Kill/Death Ratio determinate of the last 10 battles.
  5. Match by pilot rating and other existing factors should be eliminated.

Once this is done. the game will be completely fixed in PvP.

PvP games by definition can not be compleately fixed.

The matchmaking needs to prioritise like this:

• Ships in lineup equivalent to 2 ranks difference.
  • Average score in battle determinate of the last 10 battles.
  • Average kills in battle determinate of the last 10 battles.
  • Kill/Death Ratio determinate of the last 10 battles.
  • Match by pilot rating and other existing factors should be eliminated.
    Once this is done. the game will be completely fixed in PvP.

Lol you seem very confident this is the perfect solution. I would prioritice w/l results over last matches

I would actually get more info about MM first. What does it mean “it matches pilots’ rating”? If I play few T5 games and get few wins my PR skyrockets. If I then switch to T3 for doing the tasks my PR will be much higher than other vets playing exclusively T3.

I would actually get more info about MM first. What does it mean “it matches pilots’ rating”? If I play few T5 games and get few wins my PR skyrockets. If I then switch to T3 for doing the tasks my PR will be much higher than other vets playing exclusively T3.

Pilot’s skill consits of many parameters, which registrated by the system during battles. MM finds other pilots for you according to it.

So that’s why I’m losing games.  :fed013:

Why u doin dis 2 me?!

you are winning a lot more than losing…

So that’s why I’m losing games.  :fed013:

Why u doin dis 2 me?!

So much for having game uninstalled, what happened to all those other fun games you wanted to play instead?

too long queues with the new MM !!