Let us say some words about most OP ship in this game

22 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

it was OP as hell.

finally you say this. because back then, you said otherwise.

what was it, all you need is a few gauss shots!?

but thank you my world view is in order again. so it was op, after all. once upon a time.

It could jump every few seconds, regen a whole lot, spheres of death doing 10k damage each and so on

it can still do most of this, even if it’s not super simple anymore, true. but it can still do an awful lot.

btw. tip nr. 12042: the mines slow enemies.

i still dont fly this ship. which should tell you all about it.

not that i play much atm, as i have family stuff to do, and the game is really terrible atm. most of the time.

And by some people is still seen like this.

if you play and observe the games, and the dynamics are over a few games (the people are roughly the same each match anyway in the queue you get into), you clearly see that the ship is overproportionally successful. Depends on other factors as well of course. it’s also not the only broken ship atm.

BUT. In last few days me and few others were testing those claims, comparing it to other recons.

how about, just hit that solo queue button and play a few games. observe. don’t see them as “claims”. thats already bias.

it is you who claims a lot of stuff, and usually you are proven wrong when they nerf those things that are “oh so okay”. wazgots also still quite dominate the meta, despite being bad healers btw…

If we are talking about dogfighting and agility - spectre falcon can usually win in 1v1 against taikin, even Sai can do that

“can” do. most likely it will be a draw, as the taikin only has to gtfo, and both these ships handle a lot of other aggressors a lot less, and get rekt.

1v1 is pointless in a skirmish oriented game. even in the middle ages, any knight fight above 6v6 was counted as a skirmish, where individual duel strength did not count anymore. this did not change.

also, 1v1 is only fair, if both ships can’t deny to fight with interruption. which is why ecms were never “dogfighters” in the early days, and the taikin depending on module isn’t either, because it can simply warp away. the recon can only do that once and gets punished by stuff like plasma web.

Spark with Thilith usually cleans this chaos pretty quickly.

the tlilith is pretty known and widely used. it can’t solve every situation tho. not everybody has it. and just because there are a few counters to these ships, they also don’t always work. it’s easy to adapt, spread out, and usually a team has around 8 players at least. this is also not how a game should be balanced. there should be more than one or two solutions to a problem.

this is how i saw it from the start how this will go down:

a. a few players get their hands on the ship/mechanic/weapon, exploit the most obvious strengths of it. with the taikin, these were several.

b. this goes on until the number of exploiteers gets visible in statistics. only then things get slowly nerfed.

c. more nerfs follow, people who are late to the party start defending the ship, fearing even more drastic nerfs, before they can “finish building it”.

d. the players abusing the ship might innovate and find another yet unnerfed mechanic. we circle back to a. this happened with the taikin aswell.

e. the general mass starts to use the ship, hard counters get spammed, ships countering counters get spammed aswell. it seems the worst is over, as most players cant unlock its true potential.

f. the ship is not exclusive anymore. slowly, its true potential is unlocked by most experienced players. ← this is where we are

g. a large part of the population has the ship now, and knows the strong fits, it yet again increases in intensity, good players farm and explain that it is just because they are good. large QQ in social media.

h. months later it gets a total nerf, because finally statistics show undeniably, what every lobbyist defending white knight tried to contradict, because they wanted to sound like they are special or enjoy the ship without a bad conscience.

anyway. you are right that it isnt a simple mindless win anymore.

but the ship still has waaay too much harassing potential and not a good risk/reward design.

albeit, i personally think, this should be solved by revamping the spawn mechanics, and introduce individual cooldowns on ships, wave spawn, and similar.

The main issue with alien ships is that if you make a mistake you can just teleport away heal up and try again even when versus supposed counters. This makes mediocre pilots look good, and good pilots team wipers. I’m not saying tai are unkillable, but I have to put an incredible amount of work into killing them compared to other ships. They get aimless damage output, heals, many escapes, and the only reason i can kill them is because I usually use a hitscan weapon and move in a way that keeps maneuvering gameplay at a disadvantage through perspective and the lack of traveling projectile, and only if they choose to stick around. A good player will just flat out leave and avoid me and kill my teammates until they notice i’m either on cooldown or injured and then come to kill me. As they should, but if they make a mistake in that attempt they can just run away quickly heal up and try again opposted to a regular recon which will immediately get deleted for trying to take on a gunship.

All those kids complaining about taikin are kids with slow reactions and no skill! Some even have no brain, pick a ship fly straight to enemy team and expect to make kills. With guards as overpowered as they are right now, one can even do that and make kills. My personal opinion - no offense :stuck_out_tongue:

For taikin or any other interceptor, one has to be an epileptic to stay alive. There is absolutely no balance between interceptor classes and frigates.

If the devs want to make a great game, faster reactions, fly- and aim skill always have to be the winner! Not ship class or modules!

And the last sentence is not true anymore, they have pimped other classes a lot so that interceptors mostly lose a duel.

Now let me point out a few things in detail:

Object NY18 is a tank, can shoot all directions at any time with 4 cannons and stuns you by disabling your energy regeneration (no afterburner, no active modules) and multiple NY18 can even use their special shield consecutively. To make it short it is guard, ECM and gunship in one ship, this is the most overpowered ship right now. If you equip it the right way. NY18 easily beats a taikin or any other interceptor. And btw. there is a DLC sale, if you dont have it - get it!

overpowered Tackler moduls:

Beam disintegrator, active module, was introduced into the game for tacklers, they kill taikin and any other interceptor with one hit. Worst of all, some Tacklers have 50% range bonus.

Inhibitor beam (old active module) disables all special modules of taikin and it gets a lot easier to kill. No skill needed only target lock!

Slowing projector (new active module) is deadly for every interceptor including taikin if you combine it with Inhibitor beam.

Capacitor overload (new passive module) stuns taikin and most interceptor by burning their energy, no skill needed only target lock!

Same goes for ECM active module Energy Absorber, burns energy, thus taikin has no afterburner and cant use any module. Again, no skill needed only target lock!

And best thing for all those slow reaction and no skill players, you can even combine several of those modules and other modules that only require target lock for slowing/stunning/debuff and damage effect.

Engineering class got Commitment, it almost kills every interceptor including taikin that dares to atk.

Engineer Class and WazGot are overpowered too, drones that instantly shoot at you once you are in range ignoring cloak and they never miss. Battle station that never misses. And Gravi wave can kill most classes with one hit. Worst thing here, the player doesnt even need to target lock you, it is all auto aim and area of effect.

Gunships class, Thilith beam with Magnetic disruptor, auto-aim, not even target lock is needed! Reflected rage, Hive, and probably more.

Or any other auto aim and burning effect weapons and modules. (aim-assisted cannon, Ignis blaster, Plasma net, Plasma shackles, … and more)

I think i covered the most important things, interceptors and even some fighter class ships are almost trash now. They can not counter all those modules that i mentioned.

You keep going on about no skill and slowness - you try flying those skill ships with crazy turn speed at 350ping and check how good your aim is while your ship wobbles everywhere!  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

A lot of people also have less than ideal connections.

it only takes one match with these pro players to see them leave when their ping goes to 250ms or more lol

tbh it’s just as annoying when you are fighting a guard and your team keeps on hammering them when they turn on energy converter… Most ships have counters, but mobility will always be one of the things that gets ships out of trouble. Can’t be killed as easily when you’re out of range.

It is satisfying when my plasma web and plasma disturbance takes out an interceptor when it just warped 10km away. After-damage weapons are good when ships just finished using all their modules and only have an escape module left with low hull