Less Jumping to get Somewhere

Yes I know I can waste 10 Iridium to get places on the Open Space star map.  Last night I got 9 Iridium from a Coop win so that’s just pathetic.  Anyway…

The map needs to be less linear.  There are too many jumps just to get somewhere.  Add more ‘bridges’ between sectors.

Or, just get rid of the Iridium cost and make it so you can jump anywhere that’s explored.  It’s really pointless and slimy and I don’t know why you thought it was an idea to push on us.

Cos the iri cost is literally nothing lol, 9 iri? In t3-t4? I doubt that, purple spots dont give that little

1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Cos the iri cost is literally nothing lol, 9 iri? In t3-t4? I doubt that, purple spots dont give that little

It was T1. I’ve never seen anything below 16 in T1.

I have under 100 Iridium right now because A. I have a life outside of this game and don’t get to grind Iridium nor care to do 12 jumps to get somewhere  B. sometimes can’t find matches* and C. Caches cost too much for horrible RNG results.

*Particularly can’t find matches on Special Operations.

Also, you defending this forced waste of a resource just to be able to enjoy Open Space’s variety is equally as insulting as that 9 iridium.

1 hour ago, Phalnax811 said:

Why would you play the first game with purple spots in T1?

I have a life outside of this game

Literally takes less than 1 hour to get all the purple spots.

Particularly can’t find matches on Special Operations.

This is because people find other people to play Spec ops with in wings, try to ask for people in english chat.

you defending this forced waste of a resource

Both yes and no, since there are other things they should be focusing on and not putting time on these small stuff atm. 

13 hours ago, Phalnax811 said:

I have under 100 Iridium right now because A. I have a life outside of this game and don’t get to grind Iridium nor care to do 12 jumps to get somewhere  B. sometimes can’t find matches* and C. Caches cost too much for horrible RNG results.

*Particularly can’t find matches on Special Operations.

Also, you defending this forced waste of a resource just to be able to enjoy Open Space’s variety is equally as insulting as that 9 iridium.

You mentioned you have R15 ships. Use R12 for the first vs AI battle of the day - minimum 30 iridium. 3 minute Defiler Spec Ops is 60 iridium minimum up to 150 (theoretically it can go up to 200). 25 minute 3 tiers run on the Destroyer specops is 300 minimum, 400-450 on average. Lost T4 dread battle is 17 iridium, won - 50 and up if your dread is in the right position, but those battles are time consuming.

I am not judging the cost or system - just pointing out the iridium sources.

To optimise the use of this resource for travel - I have a fast recon for  most of the missions. Usually I just jump to the hangar sector nearest the mission site. It takes about 5 minutes for the longest trip, but sometimes when heavier firepower or cargo hold is needed (like farming containers) - Federation destroyer comes to help (300m/s + wormhole projector saves a lot of time flying that thing - idea came from Stalowy player).