League Battles bug: Matched against the Top Team!

Bug report:

We were matched against Ninja (Baron’s Elite) instead of Baron’s Challengers.

Why is this a bug?

We were not supposed to play against 1st top Elite Baron’s Team - [Ninja], because we are Baron’s Challengers - [Greedy Collectors], currently on spot 9 by ranking.

How should this bug get fixed?

We should not be matched against Baron’s Elite, until we are actually in the Baron’s Elite category! We should and can only be matched against the Baron’s Challengers!

How to replicate this bug?

Contact me to play, will send you a League invite - play for an hour and hope that we can encounter this bug.

or:

Check the logs, study them and fix the problem.

Log details:

Time stamps: During night League times, around 21:50 - 22:00 or 9:50pm - 10pm - 25th of September 2016

Time stamps: During night League times, around 21:27 or 9:27pm - 26th of September 2016

Screenshots: (During this bug report, we are actually way above 9th place, more like above 20th place, when we first encountered them!)

Spoiler

2dkbaft.png

Baron’s Elite - [Ninja], at the time of this (latest) bug report.

Spoiler

24goymu.png

Today, 26th of October 2016, as you can see, we encountered them again. 3rd time in total, current Champions of the Leagues.

Spoiler

2cqdu7p.png

Logs:

That is not a bug. there is no separation between top teams and the rest, it is an arbitrary separation.

Hmm… this needs clarification then:

On 22.09.2016 at 8:18 AM, CinnamonFake said:

Leagues is for everybody. Super elite pilots are in the Baron’s Elite, there’s Challangers leaderboard also. This makes those 2 are impossible to meet in match, except special tournaments or ‘trade routes protection’ matches.

Skula1975, where are you?

LOL, Looks like CinnamonFake has some explaining to do, LOL

1 hour ago, niripas said:

On 9/22/2016 at 3:18 AM, CinnamonFake said:

Leagues is for everybody. Super elite pilots are in the Baron’s Elite, there’s Challangers leaderboard also. This makes those 2 are impossible to meet in match, except special tournaments or ‘trade routes protection’ matches.

One thing I was thinking when I read his comment about how the 2 are never suppose to encounter is:

The top team would almost never get a match if this was true. Not sure how to go about this fairly. In one hand you got a strong team being punished for being very good. And the other you got a fresh team put against the very best. This is gonna be a tough challenge for the devs to sort out, or probably like many other things not do anything about, because there isn’t a real solution available.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Hmm… this needs clarification then:

I think CinnamonFake is just a public relations guy and not really a dev. Just given the title to be taken more seriously. I have seen him post several things I have seen to be not the case in the game.

1 hour ago, MassHomicide said:

One thing I was thinking when I read his comment about how the 2 are never suppose to encounter is:

The top team would almost never get a match if this was true. Not sure how to go about this fairly. In one hand you got a strong team being punished for being very good. And the other you got a fresh team put against the very best. 

Check the rules of the Baron’s Elite. Also believe me - those top 6-8 teams are VERY active in Leagues. So even when they weren’t able to meet a team with a ~1000 points ranking, they would meet someone from that group. What I mean by very active? As an example - Mzhelskii’s team was playing Leagues for at least 2 hours per day. For few months. That was the idea of League Tiers - to have better rewards for being in the upper tier for the price of constant high-level competitive, playing. 

The rewards are no different than regular PVP except for the Gage Missions. Gage missions are barely enough. I need beryllium more than anything and that I am not getting from this mode. So the rewards argument is pretty weak for me.

The current token layout is nearly unachievable for most of us. Basically the only incentive most of us have to play it to do the 4 missions of 15 points or more. To be honest it is not really worth it, but some of us are just Greedy Collectors.

8 minutes ago, MassHomicide said:

The rewards are no different than regular PVP except for the Gage Missions. Gage missions are barely enough. I need beryllium more than anything and that I am not getting from this mode. So the rewards argument is pretty weak for me.

In lower tier yes. But if you advance to the higher one, there are additional missions, not to mention the tournament held every few weeks. And no one is forcing you to play Leagues ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

The current token layout is nearly unachievable for most of us. Basically the only incentive most of us have to play it to do the 4 missions of 15 points or more. To be honest it is not really worth it, but some of us are just Greedy Collectors.

That’s why it’s called League. Only the best are getting awards. All those top squads weren’t the best from day one. I know from DNO’s experience how much work was put in teamplay, composition and tactics. 

My point remains. Only 3 teams have got anything. I recall there being a post anyone can get the tokens for just playing leagues. It wa slike 3 or something, but I can not find it to quote. It was the very first mention of this reward schedule. I am gonna guess like everything else they reneged on it.

Bottom line is if you want the mode to be played people need more reasons to play. Most know they are gonna get whooped, you need to make them want to get whooped.

1 hour ago, MassHomicide said:

My point remains. Only 3 teams have got anything. I recall there being a post anyone can get the tokens for just playing leagues. It wa slike 3 or something, but I can not find it to quote. It was the very first mention of this reward schedule. I am gonna guess like everything else they reneged on it.

Bottom line is if you want the mode to be played people need more reasons to play. Most know they are gonna get whooped, you need to make them want to get whooped.

Bottom line is - people were asking for fully competitive mode. They got it. It’s not for everyone, this is the mode where practice makes perfect.What other reason is needed for competitive player than possibility to show which team is the best? 

I’m still waiting for clarification from CF about tier separation.

That’s true, The Baron’s Elite now have the ability to play with the others, from latest patch. But it still holds up the same formula, best vs best, mm is working to create the battles between the best, to make Elite places more hard to hold. Your matches against Ninja were played before Elite was formed, it’s formed manually every time. All the teams were in the same position So, it’s not a bug.

By the way, Koro, your team is playing pretty well and have a nice winrate. But the number of games is not so big. As you might see from the last news on Leagues, top teams have at least 45 games from past 1,5 week. I’m sure if you will play more you will get in as well ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

6 minutes ago, CinnamonFake said:

That’s true, The Baron’s Elite now have the ability to play with the others, from latest patch. But it still holds up the same formula, best vs best, mm is working to create the battles between the best, to make Elite places more hard to hold. Your matches against Ninja were played before Elite was formed, it’s formed manually every time. All the teams were in the same position So, it’s not a bug.

By the way, Koro, your team is playing pretty well and have a nice winrate. But the number of games is not so big. As you might see from the last news on Leagues, top teams have at least 45 games from past 1,5 week. I’m sure if you will play more you will get in as well ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

But the more they play - the higher chance of them facing a top team… How many more bug reports can you take  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

28 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

But the more they play - the higher chance of them facing a top team… How many more bug reports can you take  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Ninja are pretty good indeed. But there’s not so much difference between 1st place in Elite or 6th place. Expcept maybe better starting position in special tournaments. But the rewards is worth it anyway. Soon we will deliver more missions for League teams, like keeping your team in the same state for a long time, will give you more valuable items)

5 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

I will try. Problem is the same as in all cases. We hope to reach as much battles as possible. So far, I don’t think much of it. It’s too early to say.

We only have 9 slots to take players in. I wish, that we could have at least 14. Most of the time, someone is missing and then I have to delay, because we are unable to play.

We went in mainly for the extra monocrystals, because we are the [Greedy Collectors] after all.  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Why would I want to create more bug reports now, after I learned that this might not be a bug? Makes no sense, does it?  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

5 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Your matches against Ninja were played before Elite was formed, it’s formed manually every time. All the teams were in the same position So, it’s not a bug.

One thing wrong with your reply we just created this team the same day of this post. The elite leaderboard has been up for a while now.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

Makes no sense, does it?  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

weird, i always though it is like a your thing, that keeps you special around here?

6 hours ago, xKostyan said:

weird, i always though it is like a your thing, that keeps you special around here?

Greed makes me special. I collect because of it! I am here because of it! 

Let me demonstrate:

This is  ![:cool:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/cool.gif “:cool:”) - [xKostyan].

We are  ![:fighter:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/fighter.gif “:fighter:”) - [Greedy Collectors].

We win!  ![:01212:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/01212.png “:01212:”)

You lose!  ![:012:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012.png “:012:”)

Spoiler

30xby3t.png

oh please,

Since i am not on the team i have 0/0 = infinity win ratio

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

10 hours ago, xKostyan said:

oh please,

Since i am not on the team i have 0/0 = infinity win ratio

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

If you’re not on the team, you don’t exist!  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)