Killed by player in non-pvp zone while under station protection

I was farming in Processing Rig yesterday and there was a player in a Destroyer nearby, we both went for the same group of enemies and I was hit by his Pyro Emitter and damaged. His plasma turret started targeting me after that and he turned red so I fired back but I got the station protection message and could not damage him and neither could another nearby player who started shooting at him as well, all the while I’m still getting shot at by his turrets and eventually died before I could move behind an asteroid.

I was under the impression that station protection was a “no pvp” switch that prevented you from damaging and being damaged by other players unless you went into a PVP zone. Was something changed with it in the 1.5.1 update that wasn’t announced in the patch notes or is this a bug?

its a bug . all of open space is still under construction and has many bugs

yes, destro’s turrets shoot at you and you are damaged, or yourself pass red and without station protection while you were with…or sometime missiles can  make you lose station protection also…

it’s a big bug not fixed yet… it’s “normal” : )

7 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

yes, destro’s turrets shoot at you and you are damaged, or yourself pass red and without station protection while you were with…or sometime missiles can  make you lose station protection also…

it’s a big bug not fixed yet… it’s “normal” : )

also the dmg debuff active module of guards also triggers aggressor even if you have station protection.

Yeah basically all destroyers are broken in OS atm bc they can dodge station protection with various weapons/modules. Just keep a plasma arc on hand and they’ll quiet down. Usually when one goes aggro on me I zap all their mods sit back to see if they retaliate. Remember that destroyers do have huge firepower but they are basically made of tin foil.

destroyer plasma/thermal turrets

A1MA mini-turret

Engineer drones

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

destroyer plasma/thermal turrets

A1MA mini-turret

Engineer drones

Turrets only fire at other players if you have either:
A) Locked onto them and both of you lack station protection 

or

B) One of the two parties is marked as aggressor and within the firing radius

Also some known triggers for pulling yourself out of Station Protection with Destroyers is the Halo Launcher, Pyro emitter, G’Thar’Du and potentially the Hybrid missile since if other players shoot your projectile or if you target a stationary object deployed by another player with one of these then you will be marked as aggressor and able to kill the player you shot the objects of.

I know Pyro does work since I used it on a Waz’got battle station that was being used to AFK farm whilst under station protection and was able to trigger aggressor and kill the player.

well, finally, many weapons of differents ships are bugged in os

Recon’s inhibitor torpedo also trigger aggressor status.

15 hours ago, John161 said:

also the dmg debuff active module of guards also triggers aggressor even if you have station protection.

I reported all those bugs over 5-6 months ago. I guess nobody cares anymore.

3 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

Recon’s inhibitor torpedo also trigger aggressor status.

And tons of other stuff.

logs needed

17 hours ago, Koromac said:

I reported all those bugs over 5-6 months ago.

remember link please

5 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

remember link please

[@Skula1975](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239039-skula1975/)

There is only one module affecting Station Protection in enabled or disabled mode - Signature Masking (Guard’s active module)

rwlrCOZ.png

We decided that it isn’t a bug

8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

I can prove that it is.

8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Whaaat ?? you find normal to get killed when we have station protection or to lose station protection when we are shooted ???

Nothing is a bug ??

On 3/28/2018 at 8:40 AM, Skula1975 said:

We used to have neutral Micro-locators but when you entered their active range, you became hostile. You said that it wasn’t a bug, but it was because it was later fixed.

Same goes for that module, Signature Masking. You become hostile as soon as you enter the active range of this module.

You should only become hostile if you already attacked some target and become the Criminal beforehand.

This bug is quite a pain since they force people to do open space a lot now. I build a rank 11 destroyer and surprise, you can’t buy a SINGLE MOD for it. seriously, when you make a feature that important, the least is to fix things like this.

The worst is that you need to farm than more an hour in an area to get the module you need. I farmed 2H for multiphase shield last time and get destroyed by the idiotic and ridiculous paytowin Falcon that engaged me with throwing itself in my pyro emiter so i turn Red and he can loot my stuff. This is just ridiculous at this point. “Take another ship man” but actually all the ships i play triggers the same bug, the destroyer is actually the one with better survivability when it happens.