Kicked for inactivity while the captain?

I’ve just been kicked from a Combat Reconnaissance game where I was the designated captain. In order to assist the team I was observing the map for enemy locations, then screen went black and I got kicked for inactivity… I think its crap that I lost the captain status when I wasn’t under any threat (I was well hidden and the whole team was attacking the enemy)… What was worse, was the new captain was in the middle of the map and seemed to completely ignore the fact that he had been made the captain and was taken out within seconds.

Its clearly a bug… I appreciate kicking inactive players, but a captain whose so far from any action shouldnt be removed from the game for staying still… Its a tactic people should use…

Thanks,

TesseractToby

people have been abusing this feature also fyi dev’s

If you sit still for a long time, the game automatically kicks you. Alternatively, if you have a weight on a key while the chat is on, you can stay there indefinitely and just afk away.

Oh, dont get me wrong, I appreciate that its abused… I just feel like I was conned of my score of living due to my regular VOIP usage… Most people talk while gaming… I dont use the keyboard though! A warning would have been nice… Or even a box “You have been inactive in battle for [seconds] are you at your computer? [10 seconds till you are kicked]”… I just felt cheated by the engine… I was active enough, just not enough for the game engine…

Thanks,

TesseractToby

Oh, dont get me wrong, I appreciate that its abused… I just feel like I was conned of my score of living due to my regular VOIP usage… Most people talk while gaming… I dont use the keyboard though! A warning would have been nice… Or even a box “You have been inactive in battle for [seconds] are you at your computer? [10 seconds till you are kicked]”… I just felt cheated by the engine… I was active enough, just not enough for the game engine…

Thanks,

TesseractToby

Just press tab out of the tactical screen and shift your ship around a bit from time to time, get a better position on the field if you’re a buffer, etc, etc, all those shiny things…

hmm, wouldnt it help you make your ship make a left turn the whole time?(just put your mouse to the left of your ship :P) and then tab? not sure if the effect stays then, but you would sit still spinning around atleast for a bit.(this is also how to afk in a match ^^)

Just press tab out of the tactical screen and shift your ship around a bit from time to time, get a better position on the field if you’re a buffer, etc, etc, all those shiny things…

Thats not the point… I’m holding my ship steady while looking at the map to tell my team where everyone is…

Thats not the point… I’m holding my ship steady while looking at the map to tell my team where everyone is…

That’s precisely WHY you got kicked! Just tab out and move the ship a friggin inch, then tab to the tac screen again. It’s not rocket science.

Even while eating or cooking or talking on the phone I never got kicked out.(maybe only burned something beyond recognition)

How long do you really have to be afk to get kicked out?  :blink:

That’s precisely WHY you got kicked! Just tab out and move the ship a friggin inch, then tab to the tac screen again. It’s not rocket science.

You clearly don’t understand my complaint then, its not rocket science. I’m in the game. A static ship is less detectable to enemies, its clearer where the captain is for the team. A static ship is a safer ship.

I fly a frigate all the time, I can clearly tell you are a fighter pilot moving all the time and ignoring the support given by heavily equipped frigates and completely ignoring us when we are taking hits from multiple smaller ships we cant keep up with…

Even while eating or cooking or talking on the phone I never got kicked out.(maybe only burned something beyond recognition)

How long do you really have to be afk to get kicked out?  :blink:

Neither of the above. I found a safe place and stayed there.

I got kicked once. Its just a little anger from one game. You guys are both making it out to look like I do it all the time. I’m never, ever, afk in my game. Ever. This game pissed me off mainly because I had no warning. I’ve seen so many static people that I wished they would be removed. I know that feeling. I’m not one of them. What I now understand about this game is that if you are the only person who the enemy team is looking to kill, you have to move, completely forgetting the fact that the radar is better when your the captain… Its a bug. Any other gametype and its not a problem. But as captain? Its a failure.

[Edit] My bad Sunder, I read your post wrong… That is the reason I’m here… To find out why and when its so strict and restrictive.

The thing is, that this is not the first topic about this problem. Have seen at least another one few month ago. Sadly devs have not done anything about it yet.