[KeyBinds] Why's enter reserved to open chat?

hi,

im a left-hander what means that I use the right side of the keyboard only. Because of that, I wonder why the enter key has to be reserved to open chat? 

When I accidentally hit the enter button or numpad_enter in battle my ship immediately becomes uncontrollable because of the chat window which I just opened.

I also was trying to find the “open chat” command which is not listed in the user_bindings.xml files in the “my documents” folder nor ingame…

It would be nice if the devs would give us full control over the key bindings! 

I have the exact same problem! Finally, someone who understands my pain at having to use Keyboard and Mouse!

I want to be able to rebind Chat so I can put it on a part of the keyboard I never use.

Not left-handed, but I support the idea of being able to customize every single key, even the “Enter” one.

+1

I have the exact same problem! Finally, someone who understands my pain at having to use Keyboard and Mouse!

I want to be able to rebind Chat so I can put it on a part of the keyboard I never use.

yup, should not be too difficult to add this simple command to the user_bindings.xml file or even ingame!!

Has anybody an idea why the devs decided to not gives us control over the enter key in the first place?

It’s just such an inconvenience for left-handers…