Jericho guided torpedo range

it is possible to achieve a range of ~ 17k units with the appropiate skill set and the jericho guided torpedo

this topic needs to be addressed since you can shoot through the entire map may even pursue a target which tries to dogde

no i do not think so

Guided torpedoes are OP. Due to their range there is practically no counter-mechanic. 3-4km should be the biggest possible range for such weapon, not 10 or more.

There is an implant that gives %75 range bonus to missiles which also affects the guided torpedo. It is indeed possible to have 17.5km range. Given that there is NO missile defence in T1 and T2, a bunch of Jericho frigates can dominate the match and even kill commanders with ease without ever exposing themselves.

For the love of god, please hotfix patch these out until you have a balanced solution.

Just had a match with 4 of those sitting behind the A beacon in an EMP match.

No way to get through this. There really is no way.

In their defence, the empire’s sniper laser has a pretty much unlimited range too as far as I’m aware, whilst it does less damage and is harder to hit with, successive shots will EASILY out-dps the guided missile.  What’s more, it should really be your team’s priority to take out dangerous craft such as these frigates, if they’re not doing so then that’s on you…

However, they are both annoying and over-powered, I don’t think these are as OP as everyone complains they are but they’re just so infuriating when you’re whizzing around laughing at the fact the other players can’t get you only to be pummelled by ‘unavoidable-uber-missile-of-doom’.  In order to balance them I think they A. should have a time limit on the warhead (20 seconds?), and B. have the cooldown on them increased a little.

Guided torpedoes are OP. Due to their range there is practically no counter-mechanic. 3-4km should be the biggest possible range for such weapon, not 10 or more.

Missile defense… Federation Frigate Drones… no counter? lol…

I think an unguided AOE missile would be better and make them different than the other sniper. Low DMG and AOE would set it apart.  It could also be upgraded in later tiers to carry ion/jammer/mines AOE missiles, for utility over DMG. 

Armada drones have build in anti-missile. Plus with all the elec warfare that interceptors get a wolf pack of inty’s can easily down most early game frigs. That being said, I am aware that 2-3 frigs supporting each other can be nigh impossible to kill…

Something has to be done about these Missiles.  I spent so much time dodging behind asteroids because missiles are flying everywhere…Flares only do so much…Why don’t flares shoot out like 1k meters to intercept instead of like 50 meters?

Missile defense… Federation Frigate Drones… no counter? lol…

I have a Federation Frigate with Armada Combat Drones (There are 2 types and only one does it at 1500m at 50 seconds). I’ve yet seen them or notice them take down a single missile. It can be the start of the match, I’ll fly in towards combat, hear incoming missile  and then get hit without them doing anything, and the instant I get hit with one they get destroyed. Drones are pretty close to the most useless ability in the game, next to Federation interceptor Plasma web.

Armada drones have build in anti-missile. Plus with all the elec warfare that interceptors get a wolf pack of inty’s can easily down most early game frigs. That being said, I am aware that 2-3 frigs supporting each other can be nigh impossible to kill…

Yes, I always seen at least 2 if not more Jericho’s sitting near each other and usually another ship or two as well. I’ve tried flying my Interceptor in with CC abilities to hit them and they either nuke each other with torps or something else takes me out before I can even get past shields. The ability is broken, I reckon it should at least have a much longer cooldown then it currently does.

Also the teamkill effect of them really annoys me. I can’t tell you how many times I get teamkilled even in scenarios by some idiot jericho. They should still damage friendlies but give out penalties for doing so.

The Range of the Torpedos are not really a Problem!

The Torpedos are SLOW (flightime 10.000 Meters ~10 Sek.), can be SHUT DOWN from Missledefence or Anti-Missle-Drones

(in T3 from 10 Torps 7-8 will be shut down, bevor the torp reach the target) and there manoeuvrability bzw. mobility is horrible!!!

And there shock wave dont penetrate barries. And if the target have good shields one torp make ~50% Shielddamage … awesome …

The next problem for Torp-Frigates is there defence -> if an interceptor comes in range there is only a scant chance for the frigatte to win the combat.

There is only ONE thing what is OP: The Interceptors -> Kill a Frigatte in a few seconds.

I think the Frigs must made stronger be hull and shields and defence (resistance)!

The range isn’t that bad just use flares or sneak up on them and take them out so easy! I would love it if they even made a missile that bursts into tiny missiles. 

Given that there is NO missile defence in T1 and T2

They can be looted for T2, i know because i have one. 

Countering the Jericho guided torp is easy at any level its called a “Missile Defense system” and is available T1 - 15. The overcharged one and the purple is even available at t1. This mod easily takes out these torps with no issue whatsoever. I use it myself.

So please:

Stop whining.

Stop QQing

Learn2play.