Issues With The Sound, Especially When There Is A Lot Of Effects Present At The Same Time

Bug report:

When there is a lot of weapons fire from a different weapons, some weapons will no longer be heard.

One such example of such weapon is Assault Rails. The weapon will fire, but it will not be heard or it will provide only a partial, but crackled sound, which seems to be distorted.

How to replicate this bug?

• Enter a battle with a lot of players (T3 PvP should be enough)

• Equip a ship with Assault Rails (kinetic weapon)

• Fire, when there is a lot of simultaneous sound effects present

• Observe the issue

There are no conflicts with my sound drivers and everything is up-to-date.

Logs: (not really necessary, issue easily replicated)

I have encoutered this sound stutter occasionally on russian servers in massPvPs.

Same issue that i am having, seems that the last patch did not fix this issue ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Actually occur with every kinetic weapon ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Yea its much worse with any weapon with a high rate of fire too such as the Heavy Blasters or Meson Cannon, but it can happen with any weapon if there are enough sounds occurring at the same time around you.

Don’t know if it helps but i diddnt notice this bug before the 1.4.0c patch was applied, i was only in R 1-5 at that time though so it may have been there.

Please repeat and attach actually logs

On 2/27/2017 at 10:39 AM, Skula1975 said:

Please repeat and attach actually logs

Any high rate of fire weapons, especially if they are many of them, will make some sounds missing or unclear, distorted.

Will provide logs, but they can also be easily provided on your side with some help.

The music overlapping in the hangar from Special Ops is still happening too.
I have attached my logs, both the audio crackle and the music overlap bugs were happening in the Special Ops game i played.

Sound Bugs Logs.rar

16 hours ago, Erbz said:

The music overlapping in the hangar from Special Ops is still happening too.

It’s a other bug. Please make separate report

16 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

It’s a other bug. Please make separate report

There is already a thread for the overlapping music [HERE](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32659-overlapping-music/), just mentioning that the bug is still here and was happening in the logs i attached.

This bug is still present. It doesn’t affect specific effects as well. If you try Destroyer Spec Ops sometimes even missile warnings are silent (you have the icon of incoming missile, but no audible warning).