Is a 12 hour cycle possible?

Dreads are here great, People are getting into it great. My Corps dread battles only happen at 3:00 in the morning not so great.

Dread battles appear to be on a 24 hour cycle placing all the dread battles for my part of the world at 1am, 3am, and 9am. Are there any plans to put the dreads on a 12 hour cycle so the adults in the rest of the world can join their corps for battles.

If this post belongs in update discussion, or if the 12 hour cycle is in the works please let me know and, move or delete this post.

Thank you.

I think you are one of few pilots in a weird time zone that isn’t quite compatible with the dread battles.

For me as a US pilot, the dread battles are at 11am, 1pm, 7pm.

Doing a 12-hour cycle isn’t fair to a lot of corps, as most corps don’t play in the hours where the new battles would occur, which basically gives up your sector for free. 

The current battle times are fine, as they work for the majority of pilots. You are one of very few pilots in a weird time zone where these battle times don’t work.

I think you are one of few pilots in a weird time zone that isn’t quite compatible with the dread battles.

For me as a US pilot, the dread battles are at 11am, 1pm, 7pm.

Doing a 12-hour cycle isn’t fair to a lot of corps, as most corps don’t play in the hours where the new battles would occur, which basically gives up your sector for free. 

The current battle times are fine, as they work for the majority of pilots. You are one of very few pilots in a weird time zone where these battle times don’t work.

for majority?

only if you own emp/jeri sector already or have one of their dreads as we don’t have neither

dread fights are impossible for me to play coz u know… 4am and to jump to jeri/emp cost up to 13k iri for each wing

for majority?

only if you own emp/jeri sector already or have one of their dreads as we don’t have neither

dread fights are impossible for me to play coz u know… 4am and to jump to jeri/emp cost up to 13k iri for each wing

true…

idk, the system has flaws… But I don’t think a 12-hour cycle is a good idea, as stated above, it is practically giving away sectors from the corps that cant play at those hours.

true…

idk, the system has flaws… But I don’t think a 12-hour cycle is a good idea, as stated above, it is practically giving away sectors from the corps that cant play at those hours.

at this point we can go to skiffle’s thread… and talk about implementation

Agreed with Tillowaty. If we are a fed corp I want to have a fed sector. So if I have to play at 3.00 or 4.00 AM it is not a best time to play for us.

1. We can move to Jeri or Emp and we don’t have to spent a lot of irridium

2. For reward exept GS not worth it

Agreed with Tillowaty. If we are a fed corp I want to have a fed sector. So if I have to play at 3.00 or 4.00 AM it is not a best time to play for us.

1. We can move to Jeri or Emp and we don’t have to spent a lot of irridium

2. For reward exept GS not worth it

Not necessarily. As a fed corp, you could move your dread to jeri or emp and leave it there. It will cost a few thousand to get there, but then it’s only a few hundred to move around in that area.

Not necessarily. As a fed corp, you could move your dread to jeri or emp and leave it there. It will cost a few thousand to get there, but then it’s only a few hundred to move around in that area.

they would need sector in jeri or emp for that

they would need sector in jeri or emp for that

True…

I think the best option is that the iridium costs be re-worked… They are extremely high imo.

I understand the above comments. However if they have people playing all over the world you would think they could come up with a schedule to make at least one of the dread time slots fit for every one. If they were spread over a larger time frame say 12 or 16 hours instead of just 9 it would seem more people would have an opportunity to participate.

And for the record 24% of the worlds population lives in my time zone that would make it one of the highest.

Removed by Author 

This game already has issues with player retention, and then they do THIS?

They want to watch da game die

The current setup locks out all EU players from any dread battle occuring in Fed region (not counting the minuscule minority being able to play at 4 AM).

This effectively reserves 1/3 of the dreadnought content for non-EU players.

This not only locks almost ALL of the EU players out of Fed region battles, but also severely disadvantages Corps with Fed dreadnoughts, who must spend huge amounts of Iridium to even get battles at different times in different regions (Emp/Jerry).

And the times were announced AFTER the Corps made their decisions which region Dread to build, which makes it even worse.

I do not find words to describe how disgusted I am by this, especially since 

This game already has issues with player retention, and then they do THIS?

Exactly.

“Hey guys, let’s build dreadnoughts! We’re not going to tell you any details about any of them. By the way, once you make your decision, you can’t change your mind! EVER!”

“Hey folks, just so you know, dreadnought battles work like this. Hope those three or four cycles you went through without this advice went well!”

“Hey, so you know what dread you just built? Well, I sure hope you built the right one for your time zone, because otherwise your iridium costs will be in the thousands for each and every single wing you send to play! Hahaha”

“Oh, you guys don’t like the timezones because half of you can’t play in any of them? #sorrynotsorry

al-right, stop with the “sky is falling” attitude.

2d (since some tuning was done Friday-Saturday hot-fix) wave of fixes and tune ups are coming soon, you’ll like them.

Removed by Author 

The current setup locks out all EU players from any dread battle occuring in Fed region (not counting the minuscule minority being able to play at 4 AM).

The thing with the current times, they are optimized for the region. The RU time is great for RU pilots, as it is the evening, and they are done with work, same with EU and US. The US (fed) time is optimized for US pilots, as all the US pilots are off work by that point (10pm eastern, 7pm pacific). Sure, the time could be moved up a couple hours, but that will make it 1-2am for a lot of EU pilots, which isnt much better. Moving it up any further will push it in to US working hours, which would then prevent a large portion of the US population from participating in dreadnoughts. If you move it in the other direction, it becomes 5-6am for EU players, and almost midnight for US players, so that wouldn’t be ideal either.

The system isn’t perfect, but making a 12-hour cycle isn’t a good idea, as it makes it too easy for corps to get free sectors from the corps that can’t play at the other 12 hour cycle. I think iridium costs should be lowered, so that EU corps can fight in jericho/empire space without blowing their entire iridium stash.

al-right, stop with the “sky is falling” attitude.

2d (since some tuning was done Friday-Saturday hot-fix) wave of fixes and tune ups are coming soon, you’ll like them.

But no changes to the time slots that you know of?

Thing is this. If I want to play dread battles I have no choice but to leave my corp as the only time slot I can possibly play dreads in is Fed space.

Sec Con ran on a cycle that allowed everyone to participate. I play almost everyday but, I can’t play in dread battles.

As far as there being a best time for Russian players that would be hard to do as the country covers 9+ time zones.

If a system where there is more than one opportunity to fight dreads twice a day is too costly (in terms of iridium) Then maybe the real problem is the in-game economic model for the dreads.

In Sec Con we all fought for sectors and rewards multiple times a day why can’t that be translated to dreads?

But no changes to the time slots that you know of?

Thing is this. If I want to play dread battles I have no choice but to leave my corp as the only time slot I can possibly play dreads in is Fed space.

Sec Con ran on a cycle that allowed everyone to participate. I play almost everyday but, I can’t play in dread battles.

As far as there being a best time for Russian players that would be hard to do as the country covers 9+ time zones.

If a system where there is more than one opportunity to fight dreads twice a day is too costly (in terms of iridium) Then maybe the real problem is the in-game economic model for the dreads.

In Sec Con we all fought for sectors and rewards multiple times a day why can’t that be translated to dreads?

So you can come for federation battles but your corporation can not cause everybody is offline? Is that what you are saying?

Prices are fixed in update #2, that just got on servers. Due to the prices half of NASA could not participate in their time zone - in Jericho due to no sectors over-there, with new prices we can fight in any zone, as long as we have people online.

So you can come for federation battles but your corporation can not cause everybody is offline? Is that what you are saying?

Prices are fixed in update #2, that just got on servers. Due to the prices half of NASA could not participate in their time zone - in Jericho due to no sectors over-there, with new prices we can fight in any zone, as long as we have people online.

I can only play in the Federation space dread time slot.

Our Corp has its dread in Jeri. With the only Jeri dread battles at 03:00 (for my timezone) that puts me out of the game.

I can only play in the Federation space dread time slot.

Our Corp has its dread in Jeri. With the only Jeri dread battles at 03:00 (for my timezone) that puts me out of the game.

Did you check new prices? If you have none to 1 sectors, prices are extremely low doesn’t matter what region you attack