Ion missile

please, nerf that thing. One thing is disabling active modules, but for more than 2 seconds?! leave stuns to ecms. Even ecms have bigger cooldown. Spamming stun missiles is not cool and doesn’t even suit the class.

So I propose the ion warhead’s stun length is decreased 60% and cooldown time increased by 200%.

42 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

please, nerf that thing. One thing is disabling active modules, but for more than 2 seconds?! leave stuns to ecms. Even ecms have bigger cooldown. Spamming stun missiles is not cool and doesn’t even suit the class.

So I propose the ion warhead’s stun length is decreased 60% and cooldown time increased by 200%.

Maybe it should only disable any active modules for 1 second?

Cooldown time increased by 100%.

I think proton wall decrease stun time from Ion missile? Not sure need confirmation, I always carry one around, the enemy team always target me for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Maybe it should only disable any active modules for 1 second?

Or maybe it should stay the way it is now

6 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

I think proton wall decrease stun time from Ion missile? Not sure need confirmation, I always carry one around, the enemy team always target me for some reason.

Yes proton wall affects it, on top of that on Missile’s effect counts towards control diminishing counter.

Well, Proton wall is the answer, then.

Just now, Koromac said:

Well, Proton wall is the answer, then.

Just like dodging (lighter ships can reliably dodge it, just like all non EM missiles, that could be dodged as well, but need more effort), flares, being in close range, going invis or dropping LoS, Anti Missile Defence.

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Just like dodging (lighter ships can reliably dodge it, just like all non EM missiles, that could be dodged as well, but need more effort), flares, being in close range, going invis or dropping LoS, Anti Missile Defence.

Which is why i run EM missiles on pretty much all my fighters(totally not on gunships though). Those pesky interceptors wont run aways!

wth guys?! I get all the “equip a proton wall if you can’t dodge a rocket” style that has been going on for some time now, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is a ion-diffuser firestorm! This thing unplugs your keyboard just as easy as ecms.

55 minutes ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

wth guys?! I get all the “equip a proton wall if you can’t dodge a rocket” style that has been going on for some time now, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is a ion-diffuser firestorm! This thing unplugs your keyboard just as easy as ecms.

how ist a fire storm? And no it does not unplug your keyboard

Next he’s gonna complain that Combat Reboot makes gunships invincible for too long.

58 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

Next he’s gonna complain that Combat Reboot makes gunships invincible for too long.

ion missile is least of my concern, you have no idea how many negative effect I had on me when I dive, I was like moving 10m/s with slow missile, tackler slow beam and slow and inhibitor, guard mass inhibitor, and energy drain field, and white noise, can’t even use my combat reboot no energy lol, my ear almost popped  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

I find white noise or ECM stuns or spy drone a lot more annoying than command missiles (I honestly think some people want me to bump myself to death on asteroids the way they spam spy drones on me…). Don’t forget commands sacrifice a lot of damage when using ion missiles, and the missiles are also less manoevrable so you have to time firing them correctly.

37 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

ion missile is least of my concern, you have no idea how many negative effect I had on me when I dive, I was like moving 10m/s with slow missile, tackler slow beam and slow and inhibitor, guard mass inhibitor, and energy drain field, and white noise, can’t even use my combat reboot no energy lol, my ear almost popped  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

Which is why Teleportation sphere of Thar ga is so cool. 

Even ecms can’t prevent it  ![:005j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/005j.png “:005j:”)

4 hours ago, QACinnamonTroll said:

Does increasing the cooldown to something comparable to a cruising missile or torp would satisfy you?. I do get what you mean, the reload speed on those is great, even more if…“wont say, and give tips to what you hate”. As for when you said that it doesn’t fit the command role. I think it does a lil, but i wouldn’t mind if someday they remove and/or change them. For exemple, reduce target resistance to all damage type by X amount. Does not stack up. Effect must wear off before you can re-apply it.