Interceptors in SC

Just wanted to gage the opinion of the general public on interceptor use in SC. Do you think interceptors are a good ship class for SC at the moment? Do you think they should be used more often?

I think you should make a poll, we love polls, and it would help to know what everyone things.

Interceptors is all I need. Hell, I think I’m going to dump that gunship from my lineup and replace it with a 4th inty.

I think you should make a poll, we love polls, and it would help to know what everyone things.

I didn’t make a poll because it would just show one thing over the other. Black or white. I was after a general opinion discussion. It feels to me that SC favors heavier ships, the more HP and range the better. With HP you can stay alive longer and with limited number of ships/spawns this matters. With the range you can snipe at the drones or the enemy from cover, etc. A lot of players at the SC level are seasoned fighters and usually bunch together and work as a team. You would rarely see a lone ship trying to do something out of place and in this type of environment interceptors don’t really excel. Am I wrong?

There seem to be a consensus that in T5 the survivability of frigates and empire fighters went through the roof whereas the mobility of interceptors didn’t scale accordingly.

Empire T5 Recons are just about the only viable interceptors in SecCon.

My black swarm works, i dont know how but it works

Empire T5 Recons are just about the only viable interceptors in SecCon.

Get yourself the Storm Viking and experience the only punchy ECM in the whole game. 

Get yourself the Storm Viking and experience the only punchy ECM in the whole game.

I’ve got a 10/10 Storm Viking. Trust me ECM is my favorite ship in the game, ask Kaiju. I play it occasionally in SecCon but I just find recons to be worth more, especially now with the beacon influence point gain.

I have the best ecm/guard builds available. (T5) those that want them, state so, and I will post them.

-on topic-  Interceptors are very good for those skilled in flight and fast aiming. Very useful.

-off topic-

For the guards, far too many people focus on the hull. the shield is the best part about these ships.

The main point is, you must not focus on simply making your shield bigger. You must focus on the defense, and regeneration.

T1-3 mainly defense with simple regeneration modules. T3+, use both emergency shield booster, and the shield boost L. Starting in T4+,

Use the capacitor slots for shield regeneration, and all three slots of defense(shield) for (usually) one kinetic, and two anti thermal. In T3, use the implant that

gives +12 defense to sheild/hull per person targeting you. You will have 100+ defense for all. if you choose to buff ones that are already buffed, use the ability of the guard 

to bring one of them into the 230+ sometimes even up to 300+. (depending on type, how many are targeting you, etc.)

It is also good to use the the signature masking.

I have the best ecm/guard builds available. (T5) those that want them, state so, and I will post them.

I think that’s debatable… again.

-on topic-  Interceptors are very good for those skilled in flight and fast aiming. Very useful.

Are you referring to hit and run tactics on frigates?

hit and run, swarm around and keep hitting, there are many strategy’s.

I was referring to base ability to dodge and shoot. aim, etc  .