Interceptor Guide

I doubt most of the gaming community in the lower tiers have any idea that it’s possible to cancel out of a microwarp, unless they have actually flown a recon (in that case it’s easy to figure that out).

As a side note… perhaps we can start making proper guides for each class.

I volunteer for the engy.

Recon advanced:

Don’t use mines, don’t use locator.

Instead spy drone who might cloak or get heals, then fly in and gun everyone down, only fly out when you got too much ECM or missile spam incoming or need to grab some heals. Use EM missiles to strip shields. Keep using spy drones on cooldown, but pick your targets.

Never hesitate to cloak to shake too many locks or missiles, use the time cloaked to get into their back to finish them off (or to get away if you have to).

And never forget no ship caps faster than yours, but only federation recons fly fast. If you don’t have the highest number of captures on your team (in applicable game modes) you’re doing it wrong.

Between the cloak, remodulator and micro-warp it is almost impossible to get killed in a recon unless you mess up or are being hounded by other recons. With your staying power you’re like an energizer bunny prowling for kills.

T3/T4 perspective here:

Mines are amazing, amount of damage done by mines is just through the roof, one single mine does almost as much dmg as full payload of your missiles (that can be flared, guard intercepted, dodged and such), in its current state not using mines is handicapping yourself big time. EM missiles will barely scratch shields of frigates -> mine will leave a big dent.

Against ECMs you have to be proactive - either use survival/restoration module in conjunction with energy immune implant for 10 sec immune against drain or invis and break in advance, if ECM is any good and there is some one else around, you won’t be able to get away in majority of the encounters. 1V1s are still manageable against ECMs though.

P.S. As a recon besides all the major responsibilities that you have, best ship to kill is Jerichos Command, god this thing pops like an air balloon and since most of the commands are Jerichos you can feed from them big time.

Mines are awesome for heavy hitting in beacon based game modes (mainly domination and hunt) - in particular if you have Mk.III mines because of the strange damage scaling - but I don’t like them much in the other modes. I prefer the flexibility of missiles myself.

Sure the locator is not that useful but it gives you a ton of assists :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure the locator is not that useful but it gives you a ton of assists :stuck_out_tongue:

Not useful? Depending on where you place it, you can see enemy ships coming from miles away and appropriately prepare for their arrival.

Try regenerative coatings, helps you to stay alive. 

[I think that needs quite a buff. As in doubled.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20649-regenerative-hull-modifier/)

I think we’ve kind of established it’s a fairly useless modifier when you can use galvanized hull, armour plating or lightweight plating.

Is this coming from you, as a pilot that tested that, or Zap, Commander of the Terran fleets of 1 ship?

Is this coming from you, as a pilot that tested that, or Zap, Commander of the Terran fleets of 1 ship?

Take a wild guess ;) 

On a serious note: Try it, honestly. I use it on most of my inties. It saved me quite a few times, especially since healers are rare nowadays. But you have to back of from the fight and stand still to regenerate (it doesnt work while you use afterburners and gets a buff if you stand still (I know its not in the description, but try it urself)) 

Its ofc. only viable on inties, since other classes have too much hull to see the effect. 

Take a wild guess ;) 

Roight. Imma stay the hell away from that module, then.

Roight. Imma stay the hell away from that module, then.

C´´mon free your mind and try it. You might miss smth. :slight_smile:

C´´mon free your mind and try it. You might miss smth. :slight_smile:

Like my sanity?

Like my sanity?

LOL at that!

IIRC my Kris-AE+ Reg. coat. build is EvilTactitian-Approved :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember those old days? When we had more Weapons to choose from. Some of the newer players in my old corp asked me, what weapons they should use. I told them: (depending on the ship) take <insert railgun here>! The answer was: But < insert crappy laser here> has far better DPS. I told them: fly it! and they were happy, since DPS doesnt mean anything in PvP. 

Long Story short: Have you ever tried Reg. coat. on ur inty? Or did you just read the description? 

Given that finding an engineer with active heals is harder than finding purple loot that module has its uses, but I find backspace the faster way to heal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Long Story short: Have you ever tried Reg. coat. on ur inty? Or did you just read the description? 

I have, back when there were no ship roles. On my old Diamond Dwarf. It was relatively terrible and I preferred the Lightweight Hull all the time.

But no, I haven’t tried that out since then…

Given that finding an engineer with active heals is harder than finding purple loot that module has its uses, but I find backspace the faster way to heal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, OK. Thats a valid point. I forgot that not everyone shares my “do not die” philosophy. Sorry. 

Try it if you share my philosophy. 

Oh, OK. Thats a valid point. I forgot that not everyone shares my “do not die” philosophy. Sorry. 

Try it if you share my philosophy. 

I do have that philosophy. I’d rather end the game with a Fear Me medal than kill someone else. I just feel that, on Ceptors, ALL of them, the Lightweight Hull proves to be more effective than any other mod. Hell, even my Imperial Recons are shield tanks.

It didn’t work on my Diamond Dwarf. Hulls damaged, no regen.

The regenerative coating needs to be buffed quite considerably. The amount it regenerates per second should be half your shield regen or something.

When using Recon the most suggested weapon to use are Pulse Lasers, Recon is a fast ship and it doesn’t care about how long range it is.

The thing to care about is that you can give high damage.

Also always use Spy Drones it’ll help alot if you need help from an ally.