insufficiently tested and buggy patches - reference list only

I do not want to whine, but I have no idea how can so many bugs slipped through the cracks?

It’s been over 45 days, so we expected a solid and good update, with lots of tweaks and revisions, etc.

We are expecting a hot-fix, so I will mark them, if they get fixed.

I will summarize a list of all of them, just for a reference or a guide to see, if all those are already reported, including from the Russian forums.

• blueprints are incorrectly labeled or are missing a proper description (placeholder)

• Rank 14 Destroyer is missing a proper price tag (placeholder only)

• synergy on some ships is set to 10/9 instead of 10/10

• Leagues and MM issues - unable to play in a group/wing (one of the squad’s pilots is not on the team)

• Stage 6: Crystal plates research (Day 15-20 already completed), while research did not even began

• Emergency Barrier does not indicate a cool-down icon on the HUD anymore

• Gauss cannon overheats much quicker? (intended change)?

• rate of fire with the same ships’ setup - (Kraken, Mauler with same implant setup) fire slower now somehow (intended change?)

• contracts from the Broker are bugged (not shown for some)

• contracts from the A. Cage “send Destroyers on missions” (not shown for some)

• 2 Defense Contracts - unable to complete in time; Cruiser’s engines still emit a sound and visual effect with full speed, but engines or wreckage from the engines is not visible

• all contracts are not showing for all 3 factions, except from rank 13 and higher

• Super-cooled charges not manufactured or gone from the inventory? (MAC system), related to this update?

• unknown server version - retrieving server information issue, even though that you can log on

• stability, connection, server issues and disconnects during battle

• Fire support PvE crash (known issue)

• Free Synergy not present or working correctly

• issue with Corporate Iridium? (contract related)?

I think they got too ambitious, and changed way too much at once. 

I got down the missions for gage and it seem:

ALL missions (block dmg with crystal plate, use destroyer to kill/help killing enemy ships and destroy/help in destroying destroyer) are already done for me!

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

• contracts from the A. Cage “send Destroyers on missions” (not shown for some)

Its the classic mission to send multiple ships for hours (foward fleet assignements). Instead of bringing the suggested ships, select your destroyers and you will get electrum once they come back along with vouchers (and i dont recall if you also get other materials).

3 hours ago, Papitas said:

Its the classic mission to send multiple ships for hours (foward fleet assignements). Instead of bringing the suggested ships, select your destroyers and you will get electrum once they come back along with vouchers (and i dont recall if you also get other materials).

Wait so it’s just the normal mission??? If so then that’s the only electrum source I have! XD

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Wait so it’s just the normal mission??? If so then that’s the only electrum source I have! XD

yep ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I have another bug for the list (at least i hope it is one…). The Reaper deals far to much dmg against small ships with the traktor beam. It kills my Kris S within 2 seconds.

1 hour ago, otaku98753 said:

I have another bug for the list (at least i hope it is one…). The Reaper deals far to much dmg against small ships with the traktor beam. It kills my Kris S within 2 seconds.

YEP. I think the damages are swapped. It does the damage it should do on destros on others, and vice versa

and it definitely is buggy or imba. also, i hate when below-shield spells can kill.

On 5.10.2016 at 0:06 AM, MassHomicide said:

I think they got too ambitious, and changed way too much at once. 

hahaha, only this time?

2 hours ago, otaku98753 said:

Finally somebody gets the idea, after abusing this modules for days now i am more than ready to start playing normally…

I’ m so glad these devs test their product so rigurosly. This is just BAD work. Sloppy, careless work.

HOW can it happen… HOW, does one xxxx up a module that badly and not even notice.

Agreed, this should have been noticed and fixed straight away. But I’m through with reporting bugs only to have the answer be “how to reproduce?” or “working as intended.” So this time I decided to assume it was working as intended and had a lot of fun with it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

Fishing can be great!

14 minutes ago, Oregyen said:

HOW can it happen… HOW, does one xxxx up a module that badly and not even notice.

to be fair, it seems like just a wrong boolean switch on a niche ship, and the patch has not directly affected that ship officially.

5 hours ago, Oregyen said:

Finally somebody gets the idea, after abusing this modules for days now i am more than ready to start playing normally…

I’ m so glad these devs test their product so rigurosly. This is just BAD work. Sloppy, careless work.

Thats a good question. STs did not encounter any of these bugs so there was nothing to report from their end.

On 10/10/2016 at 2:01 PM, Papitas said:

Thats a good question. STs did not encounter any of these bugs so there was nothing to report from their end.

Boy oh boy, wouldn’t it be great if there were more people on the test server? Cough. Cough.

2 hours ago, StatueofLibroty said:

Boy oh boy, wouldn’t it be great if there were more people on the test server? Cough. Cough.

Point is, if theres no bug in test server (that will later appear in live session), whats the use of having more people in it?

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

Point is, if theres no bug in test server (that will later appear in live session), whats the use of having more people in it?

If the devs can’t be bothered to test their code on the test server before pushing it to live, then that’s a completely different issue.

4 hours ago, StatueofLibroty said:

If the devs can’t be bothered to test their code on the test server before pushing it to live, then that’s a completely different issue.

testing code is however often functional. Devising intelligent tests, which keep certain mechanics under surveillance is of course additional work, which is worth it, but it won’t catch every bug. Usually, tests are also done for regression - so the bug is tested after fix, ensuring, future versions don’t accidently revert to the buggy state. Basicly, reducing any type of human mistake. Just sayin’, more than that is really prone to error, as a dev should never be his own tester.

I think, we can’t expect player testers to find every bug, every bug they find is a bonus. Even with internal testing, not every bug will be found.

Unfortunately, I can understand, why public testing didn’t work out either in SC so well, I think it is really hard to do that for a progressive game, where most players would only test upcoming modules, but otherwise, time on the test server becomes lost progression. It’s really not as enticing, as in other MMOs, to go to test delibaretly. I would still try to push that.

I think, many measures need more manpower or budget, and probably not everything fits into SC as a project, realisticly.

Bug list threads like this aren’t a bad idea for the future, maybe even one day even with patience. We could just confirm obvious bugs together, and ask the unconfirmables to do a bug report. A positivist idealistic idea. And yes, I am guilty of impatience myself.

Anyway it seems some of the bugs have been fixed, maybe koro can strike them out?

True uits unbearable! Why is nothing done!