Inhibitor Crystal detonates early

Occasionally the Inhibitor Crystal will detonate right after it is activated. It should not interact with the user’s ship so that it doesn’t do this.

22 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Occasionally the Inhibitor Crystal will detonate right after it is activated. It should not interact with the user’s ship so that it doesn’t do this.

Not a bug. Read the description! After it travels a certain distance from you, it will explode.

If you follow the projectile, it will reach maximum range and thus inflict maximum damage possible.

6 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Not a bug. Read the description! After it travels a certain distance from you, it will explode.

If you follow the projectile, it will reach maximum range and thus inflict maximum damage possible.

It is a bug. If you are flying at about its speed when you launch it, occasionally it will prematurely detonate. I assume this is because it hits your ship.

 

I know perfectly well how the module works.

Maybe explosion due to contact with an obstacle or fire from an enemy? Happens to me and the Waz’Got weapon platform.

44 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It should not interact with the user’s ship so that it doesn’t do this.

Why? A EM Torpedo also interacts with the ship that launches it. This is completely intended and not bug.

6 minutes ago, John161 said:

Why? A EM Torpedo also interacts with the ship that launches it. This is completely intended and not bug.

Thats weird.

 How would you even go about catching up to a torp? Well-timed warp-gate maybe?

49 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Thats weird.

 How would you even go about catching up to a torp? Well-timed warp-gate maybe?

No - think of launching a missile or torpedo in a closed environment or with walls all too near to your ship. The resulting explosion of the warheads will effect damage to your ship.

1 minute ago, avarshina said:

No - think of launching a missile or torpedo in a closed environment or with walls all too near to your ship. The resulting explosion of the warheads will effect damage to your ship.

Oh well duh. I’m not talking about being damaged or having it hit a wall. I’m talking about in just plain old open space with nothing around. It will just randomly *boom* for no apparent reason

I can confirm. Sometimes, especially on highier speeds, torpedo spawns right behind your ship, hits it and explode.
Workaround is going in “drop bombing”, shooting forwards while flying slightly down or up then follow the torpedo.

Yeah, happens to me too, it didn’t use to do that before, seems like some kind of bug, since you are supposed to stay close to the crystals, but you can’t get too close, is kinda counter-intuitive.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Oh well duh. I’m not talking about being damaged or having it hit a wall. I’m talking about in just plain old open space with nothing around. It will just randomly *boom* for no apparent reason

Maybe you strafe into the rocket? when it is launched it naturally is close by your ship and has equal speed for a short time until the effects of the rocket’s own thrusters kick in. Maybe you want to look up the exact area over your ship from where the torp is actually launched. In Wazzi I tried to understand the missile loss due to close environment and was astouned where the missiles got launched and how the flight-path in initial phase was.

 

Imagine the torpedo was launched from right under your ship you fly straight forward, but your locked target got its relative position in the meanwhile above your ship. This may result in the situation the torp was going up try to run into the target but hit your ship in that path.

On 10.01.2018 at 9:18 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

If you are flying at about its speed when you launch it, occasionally it will prematurely detonate. I assume this is because it hits your ship.

How to reproduce it?

5 minutes ago, Skula1975 said:

How to reproduce it?

Fly towards an enemy and while maneuvering slightly, fire the Inhibitor Crystal at your target.

It does not happen 100% of the time. Maybe 20-30%.

Unable to reproduce. Most probably it’s missklick.

I confirm it also happen to me. Not often but I’ve already seen it.

 

But now, with the new modul “Squall”, it is easy to reproduce it: in 10 game, it damage me 1 time over 2…

Last battle, I was in plain space, I aim in the direction of a ship at 2000m… Soon after that I die and I see that it inflict 10.000 damage to myself with that module !