Infinite loading...

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | After clicking on the login button, the game say “connecting…” then “loading…”
The connecting step takes 3 seconds (normal)
But the loading step takes forever. |
| What you expected to see | When all’s working great. The loading step only takes 3 seconds (like the connecting step) |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Have already played some time ago. |
| Problem details | I downloaded the game from steam, but I added the “-nosteam” parameter.
I use Linux (Ubuntu 64bit). |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

screenshot.png.b19cd47cc07b7f33efb5c5032edcd636.jpg[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19967)

[chat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19968)[combat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19969)[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19970)[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19971)

I have this problem sometimes aswell. Especially after a game crash.

If that happens, I enter Shift+Tab and then click “Force quit”. After that the login works fine again.

Generally canceling loading during the “connecting” part then immediately trying  again let’s you in. Or force closing starcon and opening it again works too usually.

19 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Generally canceling loading during the “connecting” part then immediately trying  again let’s you in.

How do you cancel the “connecting” or “loading”?

Esc will cancel connecting. No way to cancel loading besides force closing it

On 7/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, Jneos said:

After clicking on the login button, the game say “connecting…” then “loading…”

If issue repeated yet, please, attach new logs

4 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Doesn’t generate logs from my experience. At least of you aren’t able to actually launch.

[@Jneos](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/264272-jneos/)In the picture you posted your email-address is visible. I don’t know if that’s ok for you but you might want to pixelize that part of the picture.

20 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Doesn’t generate logs from my experience. At least of you aren’t able to actually launch.

Please make separate bugreport with launcher and games logs (as is).

Screenshot of error messages (if is) needed too

On 7/31/2020 at 9:04 PM, Skula1975 said:

Since this message, all worked perfectly (but maybe it’s just luck).

But since this night (because I live at night :D) it broke again.

But then minutes later it worked again… I think that I don’t really understand when this bug happens.

5 hours ago, sirpolatium said:

[@Jneos](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/264272-jneos/)In the picture you posted your email-address is visible. I don’t know if that’s ok for you but you might want to pixelize that part of the picture.

It’s okay, I use another email for my job.

[chat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19984)[combat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19985)[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19986)[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19987)

On 7/30/2020 at 4:28 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Generally canceling loading during the “connecting” part then immediately trying  again let’s you in. Or force closing starcon and opening it again works too usually.

Thanks, your solution works with a small difference for me:

When it happens:

Step 1. Close the game.

Step 2. Click on login and cancel the Connecting (before entering in the infinite loading)

Step 3. Login again. Wait for connecting. Force close the game when loading.

Step 4. Open the game again, login again and close again when loading.

Step 5. Open the game, login and it should work.

I tried this, it seems working.

But it would be better to fix this problem.

On 8/2/2020 at 6:38 PM, Jneos said:

But it would be better to fix this problem

I agree. The closing and restarting can be quite annoying.