Individual resource nodes

I suggest that each crafting material be given its own interactible object around asteroids/etc. This way we don’t have to waste our time with vanadium or silicon.

I suggest that each node only be able to drop its dedicated resource, but also a set chance for credits instead. So if you mine vanadium nodes you have a very low chance of credits instead, and if you mine Neodium nodes, you have a very high chance of credits instead. This way they stay balanced, but are much more reliable.

That seems too generous despite ideal.  I still want each map node list the resources that drop there in order of Rarity.  Drop percentages would be useful too though it might not add up to 100% since there is the probability of credits.

And for the love of Thor, put a cargo drone on every node.

I do not mean this in the sense of actual sectors, but instead within each sector. Instead of having a “Mineral Node” interactible item, there will be “Neodium Node” and “Beryllium Node” etc etc etc.

this would apply to all resources.

17 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I suggest that each crafting material be given its own interactible object around asteroids/etc. This way we don’t have to waste our time with vanadium or silicon.

I suggest that each node only be able to drop its dedicated resource, but also a set chance for credits instead. So if you mine vanadium nodes you have a very low chance of credits instead, and if you mine Neodium nodes, you have a very high chance of credits instead. This way they stay balanced, but are much more reliable.

I can’t imagine the queue for neodium… on every spot for this material.

55 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

That seems too generous despite ideal.  I still want each map node list the resources that drop there in order of Rarity.  Drop percentages would be useful too though it might not add up to 100% since there is the probability of credits.

And for the love of Thor, put a cargo drone on every node.

There is a map (probably outdated) from a corporation with some info about this. They track which rare minerals you get from sectors near stations. 

10 minutes ago, ntboble said:

I can’t imagine the queue for neodium… on every spot for this material.

There is a map (probably outdated) from a corporation with some info about this. They track which rare minerals you get from sectors near stations. 

Yeah I’ve come across stuff like this but its like at least a year old so not sure what to trust.

17 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I do not mean this in the sense of actual sectors, but instead within each sector. Instead of having a “Mineral Node” interactible item, there will be “Neodium Node” and “Beryllium Node” etc etc etc.

this would apply to all resources.

Oh. So there will be a dozen pilots in a sector surrounding a “neodium node” spawn point waiting to see who presses C first? Well, what is the max number of pilots in an instanced Sector? And please don’t make such sectors only PVP…

17 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

Yeah I’ve come across stuff like this but its like at least a year old so not sure what to trust.

Oh. So there will be a dozen pilots in a sector surrounding a “neodium node” spawn point waiting to see who presses C first? Well, what is the max number of pilots in an instanced Sector? And please don’t make such sectors only PVP…

4 hours ago i was farming some mysterious containers when another pilot rushed to my location, probably because this player has also a spatial scanner, and tried to take the container… I  won. I don’t want to encorage this.

6 minutes ago, ntboble said:

4 hours ago i was farming some mysterious containers when another pilot rushed to my location, probably because this player has also a spatial scanner, and tried to take the container… I  won. I don’t want to encorage this.

Yeah I try not to steal containers from people who got the kill but if I helped a lot, I’ll see what’s in the container.  Luckily haven’t run into people trying to steal my mineral nodes while I’m mining…but perhaps we could also have other options such as…

“Solo mode” in Open Space - can choose to join a PVE sector in solo mode and no one will be there to steal from you…or help you.

Instanced Resource Nodes - Everyone would have their own resource nodes spawn in for them when joining a sector. Not sure if doable or stupid but just a suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

Instanced Resource Nodes - Everyone would have their own resource nodes spawn in for them when joining a sector. Not sure if doable or stupid but just a suggestion.

Yaaaaaas!

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yaaaaaas!

Sidenote…I wish there was an option to auto sell whatever Trophies you have in your inventory for credits…hell, even if only half of what you’d get should you bring it back to the station/drone.

Of course. And either the berry/neo will have 5 minutes of respawn time with only one node available in the whole galaxy, or they will increase the number of berry/neo needed to craft an enriched berry/neo by A LOT. 

You know the devs. If you need less then 3 month of pain, they don’t do it.

19 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

Yeahh, nice, but it should need better servers. Because it has to keep track of a changing number of nodes available for a changing number of players. Instead of a unique list of nodes available in each sector.

OS needs more with less. OS needs more entertainment with less server requirements, because less server requirements means more OS sectors could be available or other kind of improvements.

13 minutes ago, Phalnax811 said:

Sidenote…I wish there was an option to auto sell whatever Trophies you have in your inventory for credits…hell, even if only half of what you’d get should you bring it back to the station/drone.

I only even give it the time of day if it’s >100k. Otherwise it’s genuine trash loot. Anything under 150k really should be automatically converted to credits to not waste (even more) space and time.

Btw I’m pretty sure the system right now work by tier. And a tier = a droprate.

Something like :

Small crystal < Small mineral < Precious crystal < Valuable Mineral < Precious mineral

But a precious mineral in a map is strictly equal to one of another map.

BTW if you open the game folder, there’s the location of everything in the every map in-game (found while looking for all the maps pictures, but it looks like it’s generated in real time). Including ships spawn+path+boosters+portals and a list of unassigned spawn position, probably mysterious containers but it seems weird (far too much locations for mysterious containers). But it’s only a location associated with a Name=“LootPoint_Junk” for unassigned locations and Name=“LootPoint_Mineral” for everything you can collect (from small crystal to precious mineral).

Nothing you can use for a database in the end.

I didn’t try decompiling the .lua files (because else it’s reverse engineering right ?).  But if you open it without decompiling it, you can clearly read some words like LootCrate_T5_Junk so that’s why I think it works by tier. 

BTW, maps aren’t a Square, but a Sphere. 

Guys? You know that some genius already made a suggestion which is MORE useful than this? Was about mining+transporter.
Every R10 sector MUST be PvP in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Guys? You know that some genius already made a suggestion which is MORE useful than this? Was about mining+transporter.
Every R10 sector MUST be PvP in my opinion.

Oddly enough I think every sector should have optional Neutral/Protection Mode. Sometimes I just want to mine and explore, not get attacked by some idiot.

That’s part of being in a high dangerous zone. I can live with as protected miner. But I don’t agree that the OS have to be a care bear place.
So if you want really valuable loot, you shouldn’t be safe from anyone in such a sector anytime.

1 hour ago, Lord_Xenon said:

That’s part of being in a high dangerous zone. I can live with as protected miner. But I don’t agree that the OS have to be a care bear place.
So if you want really valuable loot, you shouldn’t be safe from anyone in such a sector anytime.

Never said the NPC’s would be your friend.

PVE’ers and PVP’ers shouldn’t be punished or neglected in games such as these.

4 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

I would make all the OS maps PVP except stations, BUT you can only kill a player with a ship of equal rank or below. The player attacked should get time to react, to counter people who attack by the back. Loot of the player killed will be lost. Nobody can get benefits from this.

I’m sorry i have been killed too many times by a Jaguar/Calltrop flying a rank 6 ship. And that’s not fair. If i had been killed by another rank 6 ship… well. it’s my fault.

@Phalanx: Other players are part of how a sector is rated in level of danger. So excluding this threat is a major point of not having a dangerous sector at all.

@nt: No mercy with you. I know only from 1 sector it was possible under normal circumstances that you can be killed in before the care bear patch. In all the others: Your fail. And your proposed change is to abusive and would be even more negative to newbies as before.

3 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

@nt: No mercy with you. I know only from 1 sector it was possible under normal circumstances that you can be killed in before the care bear patch. In all the others: Your fail. And your proposed change is to abusive and would be even more negative to newbies as before.

i do not know how, but I knew you would not like the suggestion. Peace  nfla4l.gif

I have checked and you are correct, it was in a ship with rank 7. But it’s the same, A end game ship should fight against other end game ships.

I have another idea. Increase the yield of resources in PVP OS sectors. To compensate for the perils of farming there. In this sectors when usually you get 1 impure neodium instead you get 2 impure neodium. Then players  should be interested more in farming this sectors and other players can enjoy the fights for survival there. If it is not enough to flood with players those sectors then put 3…

if resources were not so hard to come by, i think the carebear patch haven’t been put.