In game communication with Team mates.

Why am I forced to play with teammates I cannot communicate with ?

It doesn’t matter what server area I choose, I am saddled with teammates I cannot communicate with due to language barriers.

This game does not provide a way to communicate with fellow teammates who do not speak the same language.

I am sick to death of being stuck in games with say, Russians, they type some gibberish in chat, I have no clue what it is, we cannot communicate…

It’s about time you gave us servers by language spoken, rather than this geographical area garbage.

Either that, or you get some in game pre-made chat text, made for us to use that will show in the users language. The Double “R” Ping/press is not enough, it never was sufficient.

Come on, TF2 had this implemented YEARS ago… “Medic” “Need a teleporter here!”  etc etc…

Get it done !

Comments ?

+1

Absolutely supported, +1. It would be cool if the communications would translate into whatever language that receiving player used, so like a Russian player would say “Need help!” in English to an American player.

Absolutely supported, +1. It would be cool if the communications would translate into whatever language that receiving player used, so like a Russian player would say “Need help!” in English to an American player.

Ot the old but gold: We need an engi.

Or: Nab turn on healings!

Absolutely.

I fully support this. Many games have a universal communication system.

For instance, in War Thunder, you press a key (mine is bound to ‘C’) to open a chat menu, from there you press ‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’, or ‘4’ for the type of chat you wish to send. Then you press any key ‘1’ to ‘8’ to send the proper message.

Maybe something like this could be added

War Thunder has this system!

Hit T, menu pops up, 1-4 for different commands based on situation (Attack, Defend, Response, and I think Status).

From there it splits off to another menu, and the last option changes if you are locked onto a target (attack, defend and status only).

Literally instead of having to type “Attack Tilowatty (Golden Eagle)!” instead I could hit T, 1, 7 and have “Attack Tillowaty[WPK], Golden Eagle” show up in chat with a pointer to reveal his location.

What’s so good is that this is translated across any language, so if I play with english language settings and my buddies are in germany and russia, it will show up in their native language so long as the language setting is set up correctly.

A voice over would be nice to have with this (audio to accompany the message, repeating the command in english, spanish and/or russian), but for now text will do.

I fully support this. Many games have a universal communication system.

For instance, in War Thunder, you press a key (mine is bound to ‘C’) to open a chat menu, from there you press ‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’, or ‘4’ for the type of chat you wish to send. Then you press any key ‘1’ to ‘8’ to send the proper message.

Maybe something like this could be added

Or ye olde Tribes Ascend system. VGTG VGS

Or ye olde Tribes Ascend system. VGTG VGS

SHAZBOT!

Or: Nab turn on healings!

We especially need this one :wink: And some taunts

definitely 

From FreeSpace 2 spam, C-3-1 !!!

All fighters, attack my target XD

Hi, actually it could be greats, but you know, before TF2 you had CS… you know… why only TF2?..
And by the way, suggestions is here:
[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/forum/230-suggestions/](< base_url >/index.php?/forum/230-suggestions/)

:fed_cool: