If you want my money.

Then there is just plain bad match ups, me in a near purple styx vs pugs in a ricasso and some jericho ecm, i dont remember. One of them also used an ion phobos at one point.

And even then, if the game isn’t 3v3 (again population problem) and of a normal size at least 6v6, it is not that bad, tough, yes but not terribly broken (it would be pretty much the same if you mix maxed out ships within a tier with entry level ships with Fixed tiers). Until you get matched vs a maxed out squad of +2/+3 ranks, than it is gonna get ugly, but again something like that is caused by population

I know, I’m not talking about squads, playing a 12v12 against 2-3 enemies with +2 rank ships is not a problem for me since there are a lot of players and 1 of 2 of them wont carry the rest, but when I get 6v6, 4v4 and 3v3 games against higher tier ships its when the madness happens, and I guess that’s what ppl fear and dislike.

The population is low, and sometimes the MMer is forced to put you in 3v3 games and sometimes with bots.

I got your point though, and that’s what I wanted, a solid argument to say that mixed tiers are better than fixed tiers. Although I still prefer locked I got your point.

3v3 with bots, fun if you are good, otherwise crud

I agree that a blue/purple rank 9 ship can deal with a white/green rank 11 ship, but that’s not always the case, far from that. I can’t count the amount of times (playing solo) I had to deal with ships from the next tier with blue or even purple modules, that’s what’s not fair.

It’s not fair that (just a random example) my Prometheus X has to fight vs a Spartacus, because there is “only” 2 ranks difference. Both of them blue, its obvious who will win the fight.

And the same happens with other ships, I’ve had t3 games where the enemy had an elite Minotaur with blue healings at least, or a Castor with purple bubble guns, and insane survivability, while I have to sit on my Phobos, or Nukem I/DE if I paid with real money.

With a phobos you shouldn’t see a castor. Worst you can face is a prom fire and most of the time you won’t see tier 4 ships.

And btw you are not supposed to carry when you are low tier. You must support.

The problem here is that you want always to be the white knight in shining armor with your full purple top tier premium nukem.

Fortunately, the devs know how to make a proper matchmaking.

If the devs know how to make proper matchmaking, why do I routinely see Rank 9 ships in Rank 5-8 matches?

With a phobos you shouldn’t see a castor. Worst you can face is a prom fire and most of the time you won’t see tier 4 ships.

And btw you are not supposed to carry when you are low tier. You must support.

The problem here is that you want always to be the white knight in shining armor with your full purple top tier premium nukem.

Fortunately, the devs know how to make a proper matchmaking.

If you have a Phobos, and a Black Swarm/Prom X/Katana S/Ira Deus, for example, you do face a Castor.

You must support? with a Gunship? lol k

White Knight in shining armor?  :lol:  I just want to face ships from my tier.

With you and Kostyan we have 2 over 2000

What about me?  I think I’ve been the most vocal against all the fixed tier rage.

Try to read the Global Chat more frequently when u’re ingame xD

BACON!

Still waiting for a senseful reason to say mixed tiers are more balanced than locked tiers.

I can understand a player that just bought his first t3/4/5 ship with white crap modules or a Ace with no sense of the game who can’t afford playing against enemies with ships of the same tier still want to play vs lower tier enemies, but other than that?

Why a veteran player would like to play against full ships of the next tier? there are more veterans in the same tier, if they want challenge they will still get it.

Tier numbers are artificial.  Just like an R4 only has two module slots and an R7 only has three module slots.  They’ve unlocked the new gear, but they haven’t unlocked extra capabilities.  Having R10’s face R9’s is still a fairer match than R7’s vs an R9.  Extra passive modules and implants can help create more focused builds and tuned for a play style, which the lower ranked ships are more generic, even in T3.  I want T5 ships because I want highly tunable ships.  Currently match maker mainly factors in your highest ranked ship, which may not be the ship you would take into battle.  Take Phobos, Silent Fox, Hawk-Eye,  or the old R7 Ricasso for example.  They’re at a loss for their tier and have no hope of being dominant while playing fixed tiers.  Switch to the R10 ships and they’re in a fairer fight with mixed tiers.  Once they jump to R10, they’d again be at a loss in T4.  For fed tacklers, they aren’t at the top of their tier until R15.

In a real world circumstance, I generally notice a T4 player fighting T3 when I get a slayer of immortals medal.  A match I had yesterday was 3v3 with mixed tiers, the T4 player on my team died three times while me and the other guy got fear me medals.  Excluding a tiny playerbase, T3 matches bad T4 players.

I got your point though, and that’s what I wanted, a solid argument to say that mixed tiers are better than fixed tiers. Although I still prefer locked I got your point.

He beat me to it, but I tried.

If you have a Phobos, and a Black Swarm/Prom X/Katana S/Ira Deus, for example, you do face a Castor.

I suppose then I sould fit in my roster a Hercules, a lynx and a Styx and whine because i have to face a Castor with my poor tier 1 gunship.

Sure dude, sure.

I thought the forum of world of tanks was the place with more stupid post per capita, but jeez, I’m beginning to belive i was mistaken.

I suppose then I sould fit in my roster a Hercules, a lynx and a Styx and whine because i have to face a Castor with my poor tier 1 gunship.

Sure dude, sure.

I thought the forum of world of tanks was the place with more stupid post per capita, but jeez, I’m beginning to belive i was mistaken.

unfortunately thats exactly what would happen

Sure dude, sure.

Phobos is R7, Black Swarm is R9, Prometheus X is R9, Katana S is R9 and Ira Deus is R9. I see a full T3 lineup.

Your example contains: Hercules R1, Lynx R1 and Styx R9. I see a mixed tier lineup.

What’s wrong with you?

By the way, you can face a Castor R11 when you’re using a full R7 lineup, it can happen mostly thanks to 3 factors: Skill Rating, W/L Ratio or Timezone. And I’ve got more than 1 match where the MM says “You are queued for a rank 7-9 battle” and end up facing R10 and R11, not because my SR (ain’t as high as Residente’s), perhaps about my W/L, but mostly due the time where I can play (right now for example). We really need a boost to the playerbase, the release must be done sometime soon so the game can get advertise and we can get more people.

By the way, you can face a Castor R11 when you’re using a full R7 lineup, it can happen mostly thanks to 3 factors: Skill Rating, W/L Ratio or Timezone. And I’ve got more than 1 match where the MM says “You are queued for a rank 7-9 battle” and end up facing R10 and R11, not because my SR (ain’t as high as Residente’s), perhaps about my W/L, but mostly due the time where I can play (right now for example). We really need a boost to the playerbase, the release must be done sometime soon so the game can get advertise and we can get more people.

For R7s to face R11 most of this has to match

• Maxed out R7s

• Garbage R11 pilots

• Entry level gear of R11s

• Low population for the queue

• High win ratio of yours

For R7s to face R11 most of this has to match

• Maxed out R7s

• Garbage R11 pilots

• Entry level gear of R11s

• Low population for the queue

• High win ratio of yours

I know, and that’s why I said that I can’t wait to have more population, so this can be avoided, it happens mostly at times like this, right now. I don’t have much choice but to avoid playing PvP, or directly avoid playing the game in my spare time. Whenever I have the chance to log-in at earlier hours, I do so, and I enjoy decent matches, I must admit it.

By the way, I didn’t had “Elite” ships (I ditch them as soon as I fully synergyze them), and had a couple of blue weapons and modules between my 4 ships. I highly doubt the R11s that I faced where full Mk1, because when you die and see blue weapons in the Death Recap window, it means that person is seriously building that ship (or has vouchers to spare, something rare tbh)

• High recent win ratio of yours

FTFY.  It’s trivial, but by the dev blog it’s limited to eight matches and halved per day.  It also means if you have a 2.0 w/l ratio you’ll probably keep it.

because when you die and see blue weapons in the Death Recap window, it means that person is seriously building that ship (or has vouchers to spare, something rare tbh)

If they grinded and understood enough, they’d realize a highly ranked weapon only really matters on CovOps and LRF.  On other ships an active module helps more.  You can check your combat logs, provided you set it to sufficient detail, to try to determine their active module strength depending on the ship type.

Sure dude, sure.

Oh god. First leave your condescendence out of the thread, and then stop using senseless fallacies to prove you’re right. You can’t compare a Phobos from t3 with an Hercules from t1.

When you’re in t3 if u bring t1/2 ships and face a Castor then it’s your fault. But if you bring t3 ships from different ranks then it’s not ypur fault.

Oh god. First leave your condescendence out of the thread, and then stop using senseless fallacies to prove you’re right. You can’t compare a Phobos from t3 with an Hercules from t1.

When you’re in t3 if u bring t1/2 ships and face a Castor then it’s your fault. But if you bring t3 ships from different ranks then it’s not ypur fault.

Tiers don’t mean nothing, just the ship rank. With the current MM if you fit a rank 7 and a rank 9, the game thinks you are playing with a rank 9, and thus you will face up to rank 11.

It is not that hard to understand. If you want to play with the phobos, just fit rank 7 ships in the roster.

Tiers don’t mean nothing, just the ship rank. With the current MM if you fit a rank 7 and a rank 9, the game thinks you are playing with a rank 9, and thus you will face up to rank 11.

It is not that hard to understand. If you want to play with the phobos, just fit rank 7 ships in the roster.

So what you’re saying is that if I want to sinergize up the Phobos, I have to give up on doing it with a rank 9 ships? 

That doesn’t make sense, I may use the Phobos on certain matches but a Styx in others (for example if my team lacks on Engineers), thats why I have a rooster with rank 7-9 ships, because they’re from the same tier.

I shouldn’t be forced to play only with rank 7 ships in order to evade playing against rank 11 enemies.

So what you’re saying is that if I want to sinergize up the Phobos, I have to give up on doing it with a rank 9 ships?

That doesn’t make sense, I may use the Phobos on certain matches but a Styx in others (for example if my team lacks on Engineers), thats why I have a rooster with rank 7-9 ships, because they’re from the same tier.

I shouldn’t be forced to play only with rank 7 ships in order to evade playing against rank 11 enemies.

You can use the alligator then. It’s a nice rank 7 engie ship. But you cant expect fitting a rank 9 ship and just encounter rank 9 and below. That would bee unfair and no other game works that way, not warthunder, world of tanks etc…

warthunder, world of tanks

Warthunder = Planes are matched by Rank and depending of their flying period. Jet are not matched with Biplane. 

World of Tank = _EACH _Tank have is OWN Matchmaking ! Because each tanks have a true dedicated role ! 

You can use the alligator then. It’s a nice rank 7 engie ship. But you cant expect fitting a rank 9 ship and just encounter rank 9 and below. That would bee unfair and no other game works that way, not warthunder, world of tanks etc…

9 vs 9 is unfair. 9 vs 7 is unfair. 11 vs 9 is fair, 11 vs 7 is fair.

xxxx logic

Doesn’t seem like an answer will be forthcoming. 

Requesting a mod to close this down. Not really helpful the way this is going.