If you want my money.

I don’t think I ever met a player who thought mixed tiers was a good idea.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/10814-Respect-Your-Gamer

Devs should read this.

Jasan, I think you might be taking it a bit far here. We’re talking about a niggle in a game, not a personal attack or disrespect from the devs’ side. They’ve been treating us like kings thus far and have never once dared to take that one step too far with the monetization; nor have they done us like other companies; nor have they given anyone who hasn’t paid an active disadvantage. And as I started this thread, I was here to xxxxx about something, not start or try to rally support for some kind of agenda. 

My agenda is just to be able to play the game. I don’t even know what the company names involved are, I don’t care but they are amazing and really do take us into account. Yes something’s broken right now, chances are they won’t be in a week’s time. So let’s keep the perspective here eh?

:snowgirl:

Jasan, I think you might be taking it a bit far here. We’re talking about a niggle in a game, not a personal attack or disrespect from the devs’ side. They’ve been treating us like kings thus far and have never once dared to take that one step too far with the monetization; nor have they done us like other companies; nor have they given anyone who hasn’t paid an active disadvantage. And as I started this thread, I was here to xxxxx about something, not start or try to rally support for some kind of agenda. 

My agenda is just to be able to play the game. I don’t even know what the company names involved are, I don’t care but they are amazing and really do take us into account. Yes something’s broken right now, chances are they won’t be in a week’s time. So let’s keep the perspective here eh?

Oh, sweet naivety…

Why not go track down a few of the old guard, assuming they haven’t quit, and ask them if there are any unresolved issues left over. Matchmaking and ship tree are going to be right up there, but I’m sure you’ll find others. My personal favourite is the inability to change our HUD back to the version we were all used to after months of playing with it.

If something’s broken right now, chances are it is “working as intended”, which is Dev speak for “xxxx you we aren’t going to fix it.”

HUD back to the version we were all used to after months of playing with it.

new one is millions times better, it is just some people are to stubborn to accept changes, and because of that conservatism everything is viewed by them in negativity no matter what changes are.

Hi. Now you have met one.

new one is millions times better, it is just some people are to stubborn to accept changes, and because of that conservatism everything is viewed by them in negativity no matter what changes are.

Except the vertical size not being resolution dependent.  My arrow markers go into my modules and buf/debuf list and it can be annoying.

Hi. Now you have met one.

With you and Kostyan we have 2 over 2000

With you and Kostyan we have 2 over 2000

I haven’t seen 2000 guys complaining, just the same 5 whining guys all the time.

I haven’t seen 2000 guys complaining, just the same 5 whining guys all the time.

Try to read the Global Chat more frequently when u’re ingame xD

I want to keep my mind intact :slight_smile:

And btw I have changed to the spanish chat, so I can help the new guys. Also, much less crap in global…

I want to keep my mind intact :slight_smile:

And btw I have changed to the spanish chat, so I can help the new guys. Also, much less crap in global…

Didnt know there was a chat for the spanish speaking ppl, but thats good to know.

Didnt know there was a chat for the spanish speaking ppl, but thats good to know.

French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese chats have been had in the last patch it’s seems.

Lol, they were added? Why the patch logs didn’t say anything about it? O.o

You figure that people that do like or understand mixed tiers dont go over global chat - “oh LOVE mixed tier” in any on-line game, only negativity is mouth-full and loudest, whatever people like they keep it for them-self and keep playing. 

You figure that people that do like or understand mixed tiers dont go over global chat - “oh LOVE mixed tier” in any on-line game, only negativity is mouth-full and loudest, whatever people like they keep it for them-self and keep playing. 

Still waiting for a senseful reason to say mixed tiers are more balanced than locked tiers.

I can understand a player that just bought his first t3/4/5 ship with white crap modules or a Ace with no sense of the game who can’t afford playing against enemies with ships of the same tier still want to play vs lower tier enemies, but other than that?

Why a veteran player would like to play against full ships of the next tier? there are more veterans in the same tier, if they want challenge they will still get it.

Still waiting for a senseful reason to say mixed tiers are more balanced than locked tiers.

I can understand a player that just bought his first t3/4/5 ship with white crap modules or a Ace with no sense of the game who can’t afford playing against enemies with ships of the same tier still want to play vs lower tier enemies, but other than that?

Why a veteran player would like to play against full ships of the next tier? there are more veterans in the same tier, if they want challenge they will still get it.

Because ships within 2 ranks (Lower ranked ship is maxed-out while higher ranked ships is Mk1-2) are very close in power. And the way game works fully “Maxed out” as mk3/mk4 and elited ships are the highest ranked ships within a tier in 99% (Most of the time mid ranked ships are “passing through ships”)

And AS long as there is enough player base to keep maxed out ships vs mk1-2 ±2 ranks in games this system if much-much more balanced (again this is about SOLO queue, not squad factors) than simply cramming entry ships vs maxed out ships within a tier.

Ofcourse when you get thrown vs +3 rank enemies or you get vs +2 rank maxed out ships and enemy pilots are not garbage to compensate, that isnt right, but anomalies like this are caused by low population, for the most part MatchMaking logic for solo queue is very good in populated areas.

Because ships within 2 ranks (Lower ranked ship is maxed-out while higher ranked ships is Mk1-2) are very close in power. And the way game works fully “Maxed out” as mk3/mk4 and elited ships are the highest ranked ships within a tier in 99% (Most of the time mid ranked ships are “passing through ships”)

And AS long as there is enough player base to keep maxed out ships vs mk1-2 ±2 ranks in games this system if much-much more balanced (again this is about SOLO queue, not squad factors) than simply cramming entry ships vs maxed out ships within a tier.

Ofcourse when you get thrown vs +3 rank enemies or you get vs +2 rank maxed out ships and enemy pilots are not garbage to compensate, that isnt right, but anomalies like this are caused by low population, for the most part MatchMaking logic for solo queue is very good in populated areas.

I agree that a blue/purple rank 9 ship can deal with a white/green rank 11 ship, but that’s not always the case, far from that. I can’t count the amount of times (playing solo) I had to deal with ships from the next tier with blue or even purple modules, that’s what’s not fair.

It’s not fair that (just a random example) my Prometheus X has to fight vs a Spartacus, because there is “only” 2 ranks difference. Both of them blue, its obvious who will win the fight. 

And the same happens with other ships, I’ve had t3 games where the enemy had an elite Minotaur with blue healings at least, or a Castor with purple bubble guns, and insane survivability, while I have to sit on my Phobos, or Nukem I/DE if I paid with real money.

I agree that a blue/purple rank 9 ship can deal with a white/green rank 11 ship, but that’s not always the case, far from that. I can’t count the amount of times (playing solo) I had to deal with ships from the next tier with blue or even purple modules, that’s what’s not fair.

It’s not fair that (just a random example) my Prometheus X has to fight vs a Spartacus, because there is “only” 2 ranks difference. Both of them blue, its obvious who will win the fight. 

And the same happens with other ships, I’ve had t3 games where the enemy had an elite Minotaur with blue healings at least, or a Castor with purple bubble guns, and insane survivability, while I have to sit on my Phobos, or Nukem I/DE if I paid with real money.

And even then, if the game isn’t 3v3 (again population problem) and of a normal size at least 6v6, it is not that bad, tough, yes but not terribly broken (it would be pretty much the same if you mix maxed out ships within a tier with entry level ships with Fixed tiers). Until you get matched vs a maxed out squad of +2/+3 ranks, than it is gonna get ugly, but again something like that is caused by population