Intergalactic News Network
The Galaxy** ’ s Most Recent News For You !**
B.I.O is obsessed with space flights, especially she’s attracted with places she’s never visited before. Our staff fly with her on occasion, showing her our world and telling her what’s happening from our (human) point of view. We hope that with the course of time she becomes our messenger of good will, still we guess biomorphs won’t just sit and listen to us.
These days B.I.O. and I (MoonLight) made our way through one of the imperial border sectors. Suddenly she told me that she received a strange signal, and it was not a mere coordinates exchange between the Hunters. It was a call for regroup. B.I.O. interpreted an extract of their transmission to us.
B.I.O. : - Stop. I’m receiving something…
Me: - ?
B.I.O. : - We have to move back to these coordinates: -200, -3100, +52.
- О K…
- Yeah, that’s it. It’s a signal.
- The Hunters are coming ? Again?
- Nope. I mean, negative. It’s something different. Trying to decipher… Yeah, got it.
- So what’s that?
- A rendezvous signal, a very strong one. That’s not a Hunter.
- But who_?_
- Well, that’s a cruiser under your classification. Or even a dreadnought.
- What sort of rendezvous is that?
- I’ve got the rendezvous point coordinates. Uploading to our mainframe… They are here, not too far. Here, got another one… a bunch of them. Can’t recognize them, they are weaker a bit, but very distinct as well. Maybe cruisers or something like that.
- Can you describe them? You probably got blueprints in your memory?
- Nope… Ain’t got any. They haven’t been extracted from the Hunter’s memory core. But I remember the procedure of a massive attack. The main dude there, he’s like… big and… bulbaceous, green, with such sprouts here, here, there, everywhere… He gathers numbers of Hunters around, they look like small drones near him. Then he performs a jump and opens gates summoning the whooooole fleet… And if someone doesn’t agree with that…
- О__h… So, you even can decide, to agree or not?
- Sure thing! If you want, you may go attack with others. If not, you’ll become hull patches for those who attack. Freedom of choice and all the stuff…
- … :01515:__
- So, the dissenters are momentarily utilized for hull repair parts, and those who try to resist are just annihilated…
- And if…
- A group of ships is approaching that sector. Looks like it’s a federates’ assault team. Their signatures belong to Vanguards mercenary corps, they seem to snoop around patrol the imperial sector. They’ve been noticed, engaging…
- B . I . O_?_ Go on!
Here she froze motionless. I tried to kick shake her, then scanned her for the electronic systems’ status. The scanner showed that she was active and operating, but heavily overloaded. In an instance she started talking with herself in different voices, her eyes still shut:
- Engaging target. One down. There’s more… Belay! Squad 2, cover the left flank… Holy sh*t, WHAT’S THAT?! Squad 1, engage this… whatever it is! Attacked with green spheres, maneuvering… 5th is destroyed… Everyone, focus fire at his cannons, let’s tear his claws out…
Attention, enemy ship approaching! Charlie team, I need eyes on this round piece of scrap! Damn, his shields are impenetrable… Everyone, engage the main target! Aaaahh!.. What the…
“Surrender to our discretion, unknown life forms! You’ll be studied and after series of experiments absorbed by the Unity. If you resist, all the unknown matter in this sector will be annihilated.”
Ugh… It’s over… It must be some kind of acoustic attack of the aliens, they seem to try make us panic… Squads 3 and 4 are destroyed. Bravo-2, get back to the formation now, or I’ll report you as a deserter! Damn, he bugged out… Warning, energy kick detected in the enemy ship’s circuit!
“The last warning, unknown life forms. You’ll be annihilated in 5…”
Here B.I.O. fell, having lost control over her own body, but then she opened her eyes and shouted:
We have to turn back! NOW!
But shouldn’ we…
You just can’t say no when she begs with these eyes of hers.
The Creepy is ordering all his troops to activate anti-bigbadaboomer protection… Whoo… I’m just happy we slipped out.
Yeah, he scares me…
On our arrival to the Centre I reported what B.I.O. has discovered, but it was a complete chaos and mess there, so they paid little attention to what I was saying.
B.I.O. - I’m pouring my heart out to them, and they… Oh, nevermind…
All the governments issued orders to hire the most experienced pilots with modern ships. The reason was one of federates’ patrols missing. A couple of hours ago a Vanguard team located a strange signal and immediately disappeared from the radar screen. The Federation reported a barbaric attack on its harmless patrol by imperial forces. Still, it gave no convincing argumentation of what has its military patrol been doing on imperial territory. 30 minutes later a single fighter (not exactly the fighter, rather the remaining 40% of it) docked the station with a Vanguard emergency beacon on it. No pilot was found inside, the seat was completely burnt. The pilot’s wing pin was found fused into the floor. All the ship’s electronics has been confiscated by the imperial police and sent to Antipiracy committee. The decrypted data has been circulated to the military command of each faction. Immediately after this the Federation officially withdrew its charge against the Empire.
B.I.О. - See? They definitely can run quicker when something is burning close to their butts…
During this week the Empire managed to perform an effective regroup and a successful attack. Imperial forces in vicious battle took WX-47 from the Federation with its numerous trade stations and a few inhabited planets. Jericho, in its turn, has lost 3 sectors to the Empire, which is forced to defend its acquisitions now. Defence is a hard task for imperials now, as well as to federates.
Jericho is trying to cut off some of its former sectors and to make its slaves dig more minerals osmium. The operation is just commencing, so success is quite moderate. If the countrattack fails, Jericho will lose a few sectors at a time.
B.I.О - Ouch… hands off… who are you?! Shhh… Shhh…
Some guys in military uniform have just walked in, stunned B.I.O. with an EMP shocker and took her somewhere. So we have to end our news and go find the poor girl…
ECMs. New ways and new deeds are awaiting. Maybe not so epic as the recent ones, but each of them will definitely be a success.
Recon. This week you’ll have an opportunity to show the best of yours. But your further destiny mostly depends on how your bosses estimate your deeds.
Covert Ops. The stars advise you to be careful. First you’re almost hit by disintegrator, then an engineer swarms its drones on you… Maybe it’s time to mind your manners a bit?
Gunships. Here’s the lucky! Old friends will come and organize a party for you. Despite the fact it will be spent in another place and in a new style, it will deliver good old pleasant moments.
Command fighters. Try something new. Feel free to experiment. Maybe you’ll find some fresh experience for yourself.
Tacklers. Howdy? Still kinda staggering? This week you’ll kinda feel a surge of energy and +100500 regen, but what awaits you after? The stars kinda don’t know themselves, and stuff.
LRFs. Something constantly drags you aside. First you can’t find the target, then the target can’t find you. Try to stay focused this week.
Guards. Keep crawling your way, and some day you’ll finally reach… somewhere.
Engineers. You are a high priority, and your importance is as high as never before. Raise your head and put on airs - you deserved it.
The issue was prepared by:
MoonLight SeraX GaLathea Disly LexxVIII and our AI - B.I.O.