I keep losing

Hello.

I am not sure if this should be put here or not, but here you go.

Since yesterday, all the tier 2 PVP matches I’ve been in, we ALWAYS lose. And I mean ALWAYS. if I don’t use the Guard ship, we will lose. Why I say that? Because that is what I noticed! I want to work on the command ship. If I use it, everything goes wrong, if I use guard and just put mines everywhere and use that pulsar thing, we will… have a chance to win, but we lose it. I mean what’s wrong here? Am I the leader of the team? Yeah my name contains Captain, but that doesn’t mean I have to carry the team. I am so bad in space games where everyone can move up down right left, I just can’t target people. Even in FPS games, I can’t target people correctly. Anyways back to topic, I have no idea why we just keep losing. If I lose 3 matches in a row, no thank you Star Conflict I just got bored nothing to do here anymore. And that is exactly what happens! I kept losing ALL the tier 2 PVP matches since yesterday. Why I am playing tier 2? Cuz I have some ships that are not done yet. I don’t want to imagine the torture when I get to tier 3 ships.

What I am trying to say is I am not having fun at all. What I am feeling here is “CaptainMaxwell, you’re the leader, do anything wrong and you will make everyone lose, UNDERSTAND?” Sorry but I can’t do this, I am not the type of a player that can carry and play vs 5 other ships. I mean sometimes it’s me with 4 other guys, against 1 small ship. Guess what, he kills us all in less than a minute!

Now, what’s wrong here? Is it me, or is it RNG from that tanks game which I don’t want to mention its name? (not War Thunder)

Hello.

I am not sure if this should be put here or not, but here you go.

Since yesterday, all the tier 2 PVP matches I’ve been in, we ALWAYS lose. And I mean ALWAYS. if I don’t use the Guard ship, we will lose. Why I say that? Because that is what I noticed! I want to work on the command ship. If I use it, everything goes wrong, if I use guard and just put mines everywhere and use that pulsar thing, we will… have a chance to win, but we lose it. I mean what’s wrong here? Am I the leader of the team? Yeah my name contains Captain, but that doesn’t mean I have to carry the team. I am so bad in space games where everyone can move up down right left, I just can’t target people. Even in FPS games, I can’t target people correctly. Anyways back to topic, I have no idea why we just keep losing. If I lose 3 matches in a row, no thank you Star Conflict I just got bored nothing to do here anymore. And that is exactly what happens! I kept losing ALL the tier 2 PVP matches since yesterday. Why I am playing tier 2? Cuz I have some ships that are not done yet. I don’t want to imagine the torture when I get to tier 3 ships.

What I am trying to say is I am not having fun at all. What I am feeling here is “CaptainMaxwell, you’re the leader, do anything wrong and you will make everyone lose, UNDERSTAND?” Sorry but I can’t do this, I am not the type of a player that can carry and play vs 5 other ships. I mean sometimes it’s me with 4 other guys, against 1 small ship. Guess what, he kills us all in less than a minute!

Now, what’s wrong here? Is it me, or is it RNG from that tanks game which I don’t want to mention its name? (not War Thunder)

My win ratio dropped from 1.80 to 1.78. I blame 60% MM and 40% myself. Luck factor is involved and a lot of patience. Team also matters more than you think.

My win ratio dropped from 1.80 to 1.78. I blame 60% MM and 40% myself. Luck factor is involved and a lot of patience. Team also matters more than you think.

Well I know that team matters, but trust me this is what I notice MOSTLY in beacon hunt mode:

*uses commando ship* Guh they keep capturing beacons *uses guard ship* yeah finally we’re doing something. We’re? I am lying mines here and camping the next beacon and you guys are going to the other beacon which is still active and about to die in 2 seconds! Yeah okay I’ll just do it my self. *keeps using guard* hmm results are nice so far, looks like we’re winning! *changes to commando* what the? What is going on here? what how!? We was just winning! *changes to guard and HOPES to arrive as soon as possible* we lost boys, retreat.

Seriously man, there’s this one match where this EXACTLY happened! I kept using guard until we only needed the next beacon to win, I changed to commando because I need to work on that! And man look at the score at that time when I changed, it was they got 2 points left, and we got 50. They captured the beacon and we lost. Are you kidding me? Just because I changed to commando we lost? Guhhh!

Well I know that team matters, but trust me this is what I notice MOSTLY in beacon hunt mode:

*uses commando ship* Guh they keep capturing beacons *uses guard ship* yeah finally we’re doing something. We’re? I am lying mines here and camping the next beacon and you guys are going to the other beacon which is still active and about to die in 2 seconds! Yeah okay I’ll just do it my self. *keeps using guard* hmm results are nice so far, looks like we’re winning! *changes to commando* what the? What is going on here? what how!? We was just winning! *changes to guard and HOPES to arrive as soon as possible* we lost boys, retreat.

Seriously man, there’s this one match where this EXACTLY happened! I kept using guard until we only needed the next beacon to win, I changed to commando because I need to work on that! And man look at the score at that time when I changed, it was they got 2 points left, and we got 50. They captured the beacon and we lost. Are you kidding me? Just because I changed to commando we lost? Guhhh!

Capture the beacon mode is the most problematic, but sometimes even randoms can surprise you. Ping a lot! Always works. xD

Capture the beacon mode is the most problematic, but sometimes even randoms can surprise you. Ping a lot! Always works. xD

Man I just want to slap that exit button when I lose like 3 times in a row. That is boring! It makes you feel like you have to do everything, I can’t!

The only skirmishes I win are the ones where I fly an Empire recon. Otherwise, I usually score within the top 3 of my matchmade team as my win/loss ratio goes down, down, down.

I do have some matches where I stop trying early because I can tell it’s hopeless.

Recently, all modules were on cooldown, hull and shield were low, I’m having to swirl dog fight some ECM in our spawn near a full health ally guard for what seemed like forever all the way to the point of my modules being available again. Once that happened, I knew I was on a team that wasn’t really there somehow, so I waited that one out without trying. I let some matches be a complete scrub now more than ever.

I used to do well in skirmish. I started having mysteriously long losing streaks during the secret ship hunt. For me, it isn’t about this current patch. I’ve been in SC off and on since 2013. I’m actually doing worse than ever in Skirmish at this time as far as win/loss ratio goes, but my rating isn’t falling.

The only skirmishes I win are the ones where I fly an Empire recon. Otherwise, I usually score within the top 3 of my matchmade team as my win/loss ratio goes down, down, down.

I do have some matches where I stop trying early because I can tell it’s hopeless.

Recently, all modules were on cooldown, hull and shield were low, I’m having to swirl dog fight some ECM in our spawn near a full health ally guard for what seemed like forever all the way to the point of my modules being available again. Once that happened, I knew I was on a team that wasn’t really there somehow, so I waited that one out without trying. I let some matches be a complete scrub now more than ever.

I used to do well in skirmish. I started having mysteriously long losing streaks during the secret ship hunt. For me, it isn’t about this current patch. I’ve been in SC off and on since 2013. I’m actually doing worse than ever in Skirmish at this time as far as win/loss ratio goes, but my rating isn’t falling.

Did it ever occur to you that your lost games can be kinda your fault?

btw @Captain what’s your IGN?

Did it ever occur to you that your lost games can be kinda your fault?

The thing about this topic is that it seems teams are having to be carried by 1 or 2 harder than ever. My rating isn’t falling. I am scoring high if I try. Any deviation from our usual practices ends in disaster, like me having all Jericho ships on the tables again is a terrible idea. 4 Jericho ships has not gone anywhere near as well as if I just play 1 empire recon at all times. I haven’t done the full Jericho experience since my early days in SC, 2013, tiers 1 and 2. I don’t score low unless it’s one where I can see 1, 2, 3 ally disconnects, afk allies in the spawn, a full health guard nearby while I evade an ECM for a minute and a half. Yeah I let it go on those matches. I’ve been evaluating myself off and on since 2013. Plus, I’m a forum participant instead of just guessing at this and that inside the game.

@Captain: switch to an ingerceptor and never look back again :wink: Guards and Commands are the ships that get pinged by the opponent pretty fast and therefor die quickly unless you’re inside a frigball. This is especially true for beacon modes, no one likes a guard near a beacon. With an inty, especially recon, you are mobile and hard to catch. But if you must fly a guard (commands are next to useless solo without a squad), try to stick to other guards or engies in the team. A solo guard is a fiest for inties, 2 guards can be living hell with alternating pulsars.

Btw, maybe you find yourself fighting more often vs T3 now and thats why your T2 tactics don’t work so well anymore. Learn, adjust, and welcome to the real world :smiley:

Commands useless? O_O R u Crazy?!

My IGN is CaptainMaxwell7, a 7 in the end. Didn’t change it here yet.

@Captain: switch to an ingerceptor and never look back again :wink: Guards and Commands are the ships that get pinged by the opponent pretty fast and therefor die quickly unless you’re inside a frigball. This is especially true for beacon modes, no one likes a guard near a beacon. With an inty, especially recon, you are mobile and hard to catch. But if you must fly a guard (commands are next to useless solo without a squad), try to stick to other guards or engies in the team. A solo guard is a fiest for inties, 2 guards can be living hell with alternating pulsars.

Btw, maybe you find yourself fighting more often vs T3 now and thats why your T2 tactics don’t work so well anymore. Learn, adjust, and welcome to the real world :smiley:

Switch to interceptor? Are you kidding me? I can’t fly that speedy thing very well! I mean if I get in a dog fight, 100% I am dead! I can’t fly these really fast ships!

Switch to interceptor? Are you kidding me? I can’t fly that speedy thing very well! I mean if I get in a dog fight, 100% I am dead! I can’t fly these really fast ships!

Bind turn left/turn right keys and just shift w+your binding to win, demacia spin to win style.

Bind turn left/turn right keys and just shift w+your binding to win, demacia spin to win style.

Hmm I just tried this, it’s a bit difficult for first time.

/moved.
If there is an issue, please create a bug report and attach the log files.

Commands useless? O_O R u Crazy?!

yes if you fly solo with a support ship. In a coordinated squad they are okay but for solo a tackler has a much higher survival chance.

OP: if you lose in dogfights with an inty against other inties, what should this tell you? Don’t fight other inties. Go after slower ships, recon and emc work very well against fighters, a covops signature move brings down single handedly a guard (if its pulsar is on cd) or more easily a frigate. Against other ceptors you’re best off with an ecm, even against another ecm. Its all about timing, baiting your opponent into bringing his modules on cd when yours are rdy to use, an dont be shy to use missiles when your opponent is in front of you.

The mwd of the recon an it’s two ghost ships it’s what will you keep alive the longest in any ceptor, plus for beacon modes its golden with 35% faster capture. Thats why you often see in beacon 8vs8 6 of the opponents being recons - which should tell you to chose an emc so you can hunt them down. Flying inties is not so much about skills in dogfights but first and foremost about chosing the right target and secondly about timing and cooldown management. If fed ceptros are too fast for you, go for empire ceptors that are considerably slower and have a much higher survivability :wink:

OP: if you lose in dogfights with an inty against other inties, what should this tell you? Don’t fight other inties. Go after slower ships, recon and emc work very well against fighters, a covops signature move brings down single handedly a guard (if its pulsar is on cd) or more easily a frigate. Against other ceptors you’re best off with an ecm, even against another ecm. Its all about timing, baiting your opponent into bringing his modules on cd when yours are rdy to use, an dont be shy to use missiles when your opponent is in front of you.

The mwd of the recon an it’s two ghost ships it’s what will you keep alive the longest in any ceptor, plus for beacon modes its golden with 35% faster capture. Thats why you often see in beacon 8vs8 6 of the opponents being recons - which should tell you to chose an emc so you can hunt them down. Flying inties is not so much about skills in dogfights but first and foremost about chosing the right target and secondly about timing and cooldown management. If fed ceptros are too fast for you, go for empire ceptors that are considerably slower and have a much higher survivability :wink:

Hmm I’ll see about that. The thing is I am terrible when it comes to controlling a small ship. I keep bumping into stuff lol.

At least 50% of my games are me getting put on a team that’s already losing.  :01414:

At least 50% of my games are me getting put on a team that’s already losing.  :01414:

Lol this is an old topic now. Anyways nowadays I do better in my teams and try to carry them, which sometimes get us victory.