I.I.N. Issue I (62) on 4614.01.29

The Galaxy’s most recent news for you.

Everything changes, and so does our agency. Firstly, from now on we are not I.I.N., but Independent Intergalactic News Network - or just INN. Also we got a new motto and a new banner (coming soon).

Secondly, we are about to introduce a new section - “Hot news”. It will contain info about actual innovations. Also we will modify the section named “Other news”, there we are going to publish interesting facts about life of pilots and find answers to hot questions. We hope that such a division will make reading our news more comfortable. Moreover, a new “Myth Busters” section is coming soon, and some more interesting features.

INN wishes you all the best. Don’t switch your channels.

Hot News

I. “The Common Shield System Standard Amendment” has been adopted in the third reading after long debates at UFO conference. From now on all the shields will be calibrated according to the common galaxy standard, though there’ll be a special standard for each class of ships. The problem of standartization was raised by representatives of Jericho families, who considered absence of standards in imperial rules (although Empire is known for its spirit of categorization and standardization of everything in the Universe) an outrage. This they called unacceptable. Still, there are some rumours that Jericho just can’t accept the fact that shipyards of Empire receive more contracts than Jericho’s. After long talks Jericho succeeded to persuade Federation to support his initiative

Imperial representatives promised to lodge a complaint and investigate legitimacy of such a decision.

II. Factories producing the new type of Gauss guns ran over a new challenge. It appeared that design documentation contained a miscalculation. Jericho Techs designed the gun assuming that it will be produced using jericho-manufactured titan, which has some specific features. This resulted in malfunction of the gun. The problem appeared difficult to solve on the spot, so all the guns has been recalled to be fixed. Additional projectile cradles has been removed from the guns, and the capacitors have received some extra volume for the sake of compensation. Unfortunately, this will result in reduction of maximum quantity of projectiles at a single shot. The Techs continue to search for alternative materials, no results for now.

III. A new service has occurred on the market. Now you can hire a scrap processing team to disassemble a module to artifacts or order upgrade kits which will be delivered to your warehouse and pay with Galactic Standards. The application process is aautomated, so you’ll be able to pay quickly via the electronic terminal.

Other news

IV. Recently discovered manipulations of military companies caused a major scandal. As it turned out, technical parameters of the ships hasn’t been provided to the pilots fully. These companies have been caught in a deception by a hawk-eyed pilot, who decided to compare actual combat efficiency parameters to those mentioned in official documentation. Thus he discovered that his ship was protected better than it should be. The investigation showed that there’s quite a number of such ships in personal hangars of mercenaries. 

The Mercenary Centre sent a request for information to the military. Of course everyone understands that they will always conceal some data. And though the parameters appeared to be higher than nominal, mercenaries are indignant of this fact, because who knows what they will try to conceal in their archives next time - more powerful armor or a complete garbage.

Cultural News

V. One of veteran mercenaries shared a music composition which he recorded some time ago. It will surely wake your memories and make you think about how magnificent the Space is. Click here to listen.

VI. One more musical halo-composition from another pilot. It will surely touch you as well. You can watch it here

Military News

VII. The combat situation gradually stabilizes. After several unsuccessful attempts to break the flank defence of Federation, Jericho forces rushed along the fighting front reinforcing own borders and not letting Federation in. Federation at the same time built up forces near imperial borders, annexing territories one by one.

post-38671-0-56502400-1390980687.jpg

At the moment all the factions are of more or less equal power and are busy resolving inner tensions over control of sectors.

Weather Forecast

Meteorologists are sparing of good news. Serious anomalies and even galaxy-wide paradoxes are expected in the nearest future. While you got enough time, pay a visit to StarMed. StarMed - we’re not only cheap, but also easy, you’ll get a long memory of us.

In one of our next issues we’ll tell you the story of StarMed, how it has been created and how life changed due to its cloning projects.

Advertising

I adore heal. Massive and targeted, and my friends also do. Enemies also have a passion for me. See, they are  swarming me again.
Engineering frigate - for those who like to be the life of the party.

The issue was prepared by: MoonLight, LexxVIII

I sense a gauss change…

N°1 : HOURRAY !

N°2 : HOURRAY !

N°3 : What? xD

I’m glad that Lion MK2, Wakizashy S and Archdragon will get that extra resists removed.

Also seems like Gauss will need more time to fully overheat, but we will only be able to charge it once. Fair if you ask me.

Jericho shield buff? I hope so. I hope it’s a buff on the shield regens. A faction bonus like the Imperial one (+7% Weapon Damage), something like +X% Shield Regeneration.

Thanks for translating the IINN (not INN tho) Lexx :slight_smile:

“INN” stands for “Intergalactic News Network”, three letters are better than four. :00666:

N°1 : HOURRAY !

N°2 : HOURRAY !

N°3 : What? xD

My guess is you’ll be able to sell upgrade kits for artifacts.

My guess is you’ll be able to sell upgrade kits for artifacts.

You can already do that

I feel like its that gold option for extra artifacts that will be available in credits, so you can pay for more artifacts

You can already do that

I feel like its that gold option for extra artifacts that will be available in credits, so you can pay for more artifacts

If that’s the case, it’s a really neat option, even if the artifacts are less than paying with GS.

You can already do that

You can’t sell for artifacts once they’re in warehouse.

You can’t sell for artifacts once they’re in warehouse.

yes you can (unless you are talking about mk2)

Thanks for the translation. I still trying to decipher I. what it would actually mean at the patch change tonight. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.