How to Build the Castor Empire Gunship (Rank 11)

Most of my time in fighters has been in command and I’ve figured out how to build them well, but I can’t seem to figure out how to build gunship fighters. Even with several combos I’ve done recently, they just don’t seem like they’re the best out there for the Castor.

So how do you build the Castor? My personal playstyle is having a lot of agility.

Go with a fed gunship if you want agility!

Actives are pretty much standard, like on any gunship; aiming overcharge, speed mod, combat reboot, hull rep.

Hull tank also standard: fill kinetic hole and then volume, maybe an extra thermal or galvanised if you don’t need rotation.

CPU: proton wall if you hate ECMs and then crit chance/crit damage for the rest. Possibly horizon if you are using gauss (yuck)

Capacitor will vary

Engine will vary

Can’t remember if it has shield slot but if it does then an adaptive or EM depending.

10 minutes ago, millanbel said:

Can’t remember if it has shield slot but if it does then an adaptive or EM depending.

There is always this cheat sheet: http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Castor  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

27 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

There is always this cheat sheet: http://wiki.star-conflict.com/index.php?title=Castor  ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I’m so used to not having good external resources for this game that I forgot!!! ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) Thanks!

So here’s how could build it as a bubble brawler:

Bubbles with supercooled charges, firestorm, aiming overcharge, engine overcharge, combat reboot, hull repair. Double vernier or vernier + collision comp; pulse discharger, emergency barrier; adaptive shield; kinetic, thermal, reinforced beams; infrared scanner.

But really I have never used the castor due to it only having one CPU slot, which is bad for a gunship. Argonaut was always my favourite t4 empire gunship. If I remember correctly I got the argonaut from going down the command line, not by levelling up the castor!

And if you get lots of shinnies get a crystal plate, that thing is pretty good ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I still don’t have one but I want one sooo bad ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

On 10/25/2016 at 5:52 AM, xKostyan said:

And if you get lots of shinnies get a crystal plate, that thing is pretty good ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I’m so close to getting crystal plates but I need three more live crystals in order to build it.

I’ll probably run with galvanized, I’ve been testing out both Castor and Prometheus Fire and they don’t dogfight as well as my Prometheus. I’ll have to build them more like tanks instead of with vernier engines.