How is this thing still alive?

Honestly, I am baffled how this game appeals to anyone anymore (and that’s coming from a former player with 2800+ hours on it). I mean, I used to play this game just for it’s incredible potential of being quite an entertaining space MMO, but despite still standing by this assessment, I just can’t stand the business decisions of making this an incredibly controlled, P2W platform. I kid you not, the only thing that would have to be changed to make this game beloved by most, is to swap the team calling the shots with another, not as money-guzzling one.
Listing examples of these practices is ridiculously pointless, as just checking the main page or the game’s official shop just about proves my point.

Why are people investing into this? Don’t they see that the literal handful of players dumping cash into this crap is the fuel for the dev’s minimal effort on running this carousel, keeping it from a financial death? Unless something like an utter denial of active players happens, this game is sadly doomed to be a cashgrab spiral for the few self-blinded players, that would collapse under the thought that their money spent would have been for nothing.

Reason I am saying this is that I truly tried as a member of this game’s community to really enjoy playing it, but I just couldn’t. Constant issues with just about anything always led to financial reasons - the typical “Why is ship X’s ability Y so stupidly broken, since Z happens?”. The (hidden) answer? Because it has been recently released and we need sales. After interest drops, we will nerf it…and buff the new one to crap later…

So yeah, I am dissapointed and bitter, but mostly sad. I like games such as these and I would play this one too, weren’t it for the insane greediness of this game’s developers.