How Do Implants Work Exactly?

So according to what I see in game, all the implants work according to a ship slot, so once you fill that ship slot, it should get all the implants that you’ve enabled in the implant menu.

But for me it’s not working that way. It’s implanting my ships themselves not the ship slot, so if I select a ship, then select an implant, it will only apply that implant to that particular ship, I can put that ship in any ship slot I want and it still retains that particular implant. Is this how it’s supposed to work?

Impalnts have to match Ship’s rank

ship of rank 9 will only have rank 1-9 implants

ship of rank 14 will only have rank 1-14 implants

18 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Impalnts have to match Ship’s rank

ship of rank 9 will only have rank 1-9 implants

ship of rank 14 will only have rank 1-14 implants

That works fine still. 

I hope I can explain better, I have to basically add every single implant (from rank 1 to whatever) to the ship itself, not the ship slot.

Ok tested again, and nvm. It affects ALL ship slots not just one.

which slot uses which implant set (=Crew) can be dynamically assigned in the grid below, so two slots can use the same implant sets

i just tried swapping my ship between two slots that have different implant sets, and the tooltip correctly showed the differences, and the ship did not “take implants with him”

can you document this in screenshots or sth?

11 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

That works fine still. 

I hope I can explain better, I have to basically add every single implant (from rank 1 to whatever) to the ship itself, not the ship slot.

Ok tested again, and nvm. It affects ALL ship slots not just one.

• In implant interface there are 4 presets, that you can select independently from each other, then each preset can be applied to selected hangar slots (orange bars represent hangar slots that set applied to) 

• So as an example you can have

– crew 1 affect hangar slots 1,2,3,

– disable crew 2 

– crew 3 affect hangar slot 4

– disable crew 4.

hangar slot can only be affected by one crew (set of implants) 

• How ships affected in the hangar slot will follow the ranking rule, as I described in the previous post. 

oh now i completely understand, awesome.