How do I dodge using an.interceptor?

So since I started playing in 2013, I shied away from playing interceptors only flying them to level them up and during USA matches.

The main problem I have is how to dodge while fleeing and how to keep orientation during a dogfight or a circling maneuver. To get the results I want, I reckon that a combination of ship build, movement/key patterns, and practice are needed.

Anyone have any information on general ship builds and movement/key patterns?

step one: delete Star Conflict client.

step two: download other game client that doesn’t have a ping of 400.

step three: enjoy new game and marvel at the difference in gaming stabilization real server maintenance provides.

Ping complaints are for losers.

Build Tai’kin.

It is the ship where you can dodge easiest or you can just jump jump and jump.

Hmm or cov. ops.

With the new active module, you even don’t need to dodge, just activate it and you have 7sec of almost immortality.

4 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

step one: delete Star Conflict client.

step two: download other game client that doesn’t have a ping of 400.

step three: enjoy new game and marvel at the difference in gaming stabilization real server maintenance provides.

meanwhile i get ~15 ping :confused:

I think the main keys are:

Don’t approach targets in a straight line

Pressing Q,E for spinning is a good trick (no really, it makes your move harder to read)

Use your strafe (even if you don’t have a lot: i generally strafe against my ships movement, so rotating up, strafing down… etc.)

Circling your target makes you generally hard to hit

Afterburner makes you way harder to catch

Try to move espacially erratical, when under fire

Always carry multipurpouse modules to be able to rid yourself from any applied slow, when needed.

32 minutes ago, Ibeprop said:

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) Best answer!

6 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Always carry multipurpouse modules to be able to rid yourself from any applied slow, when needed.

→ Crew implant r8, middle!!

Thanks for decent responses so far. Any videos would be helpful.

Does increasing strafe acceleration and regular acceleration help with dodging?

10 minutes ago, avarshina said:

44 minutes ago, Ibeprop said:

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”) ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) Best answer!

While it may be true for ping 60 and below, everything above 120 makes handling an inty xxxx hard (i don’t say impossible) but when they start wiggling (300 and above) you have no more chance to hit targets or capture beacons, (but then 300 ping makes hitting targets in any ship almost impossible)

8 minutes ago, Ibeprop said:

Does increasing strafe acceleration and regular acceleration help with dodging?

Depends on your angle towards the enemy, but generally i would say yes. Even thou i wouldn’t adivse it on the regular speed, as you may (with a very high chance) accidentally disable modules that need you go 90% or above.

20 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

I think the main keys are:

Don’t approach targets in a straight line

Pressing Q,E for spinning is a good trick (no really, it makes your move harder to read)

Use your strafe (even if you don’t have a lot: i generally strafe against my ships movement, so rotating up, strafing down… etc.)

Circling your target makes you generally hard to hit

Afterburner makes you way harder to catch

Try to move espacially erratical, when under fire

By strafing and pitching in opposite directions, you balance the movement of your enemy’s targeting reticle. It doesn’t help. 

Don’t know exactly what you mean there (pitch is Q,E),

but strafing against my ships movements makes me basically have a wider turn radius, while the turns in degree (at least feel shorter), making aiming in close combat easier ( at least for me).

12 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Don’t know exactly what you mean there (pitch is Q,E),

but strafing against my ships movements makes me basically have a wider turn radius, while the turns in degree (at least feel shorter), making aiming in close combat easier ( at least for me).

Roll is Q, E

Pitch and yaw is movement of mouse

Strafing is A, D, alt, space

There used to be keybinds to pitch and yaw as well but the developers seemed to remove them. They were not bound by default and you had to manually bind them. It was very useful for long range frigates so they could turn independently from shooting.

2 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

While it may be true for ping 60 and below, everything above 120 makes handling an inty xxxx hard (i don’t say impossible) but when they start wiggling (300 and above) you have no more chance to hit targets or capture beacons, (but then 300 ping makes hitting targets in any ship almost impossible)

… hehe welcome to my frigate-world …

2 hours ago, Ibeprop said:

By strafing and pitching in opposite directions, you balance the movement of your enemy’s targeting reticle. It doesn’t help. 

… yep - look what xlMAXlx did almost every time: he rolls, preventing aim assist and ping prediction to work properly, try it - that’s why in engineer frigate I mostly prefer explosion weapons like [Eclipse launcher] or [Th’ak’Len] to lasers like [WL13-EL-Emitter] ! My FPS and ping are most times too bad for Lasers, I need the slightly bigger projectil’s hitbox to damage good inty & fighter players!

2 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

… that is why you get slower. as enemie has problems to follow your speedy turns, your starategy to slow your turn-movement can support your enemy trying to hit you : roll is better!

Reading this questions and how many posts you have, also your first login was four years ago,

I can just tell that you are great _ TROLL. _

6 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Reading this questions and how many posts you have, also your first login was four years ago,

I can just tell that you are great _ TROLL. _

Moving on.

I’ve watched gameplay videos of players from NASA, WPK, OWL, ESB and others and they truly know how to use interceptors’ maximum potential. If there are tutorial videos that teach me how to fly an interceptor like they do, I’d love to see it.

Edit: I’ll give watching Maxi’s videos a try.

You might wanna watch takamina. His videos are very old but if you just want to learn manoeuvres, general inty shenanigans and not current meta/module usage per-se, he’s worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzst-5X5YP1QJRISSK4yuQ/videos

1 minute ago, Ibeprop said:

Moving on.

I’ve watched gameplay videos of players from NASA, WPK, OWL, ESB and others and they truly know how to use interceptors’ maximum potential. If there are tutorial videos that teach me how to fly an interceptor like they do, I’d love to see it.

I think you can fly interceptors better than 90% of players here. ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

Old trolls are the best.  ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

Just in case that I’m wrong what I doubt,

I can just say if you didn’t learn in four years how to fly them you will never do.

1 minute ago, GatoGrande said:

Just in case that I’m wrong what I doubt,

I can just say if you didn’t learn in four years how to fly them you will never do.

I took a 3 year break and was always forced to play on Russian servers. I never got much practice flying interceptors.

You might wanna watch takamina. His videos are very old but if you just want to learn manoeuvres, general inty shenanigans and not current meta/module usage per-se, he’s worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWzst-5X5YP1QJRISSK4yuQ/videos

Thank you, thank you. I totally forgot about taka.

Just now, Ibeprop said:

I took a 3 year break and was always forced to play on Russian servers. I never got much practice flying interceptors.

Post screen of your account profile and we will see  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)