How do I control NY18 and how do I set my synergy meter back how it was?

So first of all, when I build NY18, it was fun, it looks nice, but undocking into open space it was weird. The doesn’t go up and down like a normal ship, but it turns. I was like, meh, whatever, I don’t even play this game anymore. But now I try to, because it is still awesome, and imagine my surprise when in PvP it started to be controlled like any normal ship (apart from the sudden speed changes, which is nice, gives a real inertialess drive feel), I was happy, ok, this weird control is only for open space or idk, don’t care, but then it suddenly switches back. Then at respawn it’s good again. What button did I press or what happened?

Also, when I left active play, the synergy bar showed the actual synergy on the ship, not synergy + free synergy. I already know I have enough free synergy, it shows under the bar. This is redundant information and hides the ship synergy from sight. Can I reverse this UI change somehow?

NY18 just like Destroyers have 2 flying models available to them. Changing between them is done by pressing “Look around” keybind.

Looks like PvP and OS have different default flying model right now, but should be cyclable with “look around”

That sounds convoluted though. Why are two functionalities on the same button?

Anything on the synergy question?

synergy work the same way as for alien ships ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

reach the required amount (ex:50k) and then you can unlock the next rank with creds and mono’s

1 hour ago, fasz said:

That sounds convoluted though. Why are two functionalities on the same button?

it acts like a switch (modulo 2) in this case : switching two different steering modes, hit odd = steering mode 1 hit even = steering mode 2

23 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

synergy work the same way as for alien ships ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

reach the required amount (ex:50k) and then you can unlock the next rank with creds and mono’s

Nonono. The question is, I have more than enough free synergy to level any ship one level. So every ship that is not maxed looks like NEXT LEVEL / NEXT LEVEL even if I have 0 synergy on the ship. I want to know how much synergy the ship has without free synergy involved.

oh okay! but why do you want to know about that ?

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

oh okay! but why do you want to know about that ?

Because I want to upgrade my ships from ship synergy. I already know how much free synergy I have (it’s written under the other info) and I can execute basic math in my head. I want to know if I can level up the ship without free synergy without 2 extra clicks (or a lot more more with Elydium ships).

12 minutes ago, fasz said:

Because I want to upgrade my ships from ship synergy. I already know how much free synergy I have (it’s written under the other info) and I can execute basic math in my head. I want to know if I can level up the ship without free synergy without 2 extra clicks (or a lot more more with Elydium ships).

Hmm. For normal ships the only way to check it is to click “Level up” then you have the dialog that shows how many synergy you have on ship available:

image.png.2d5b6c60fdd4cde046574aae08ada5d7.png

For Ellydium/Unique ships that info is displayed on the bottom of the ship configurator:

image.png.6bddd680710982a0c5c728c5fbcb2948.png

Hope it helps.

Somewhat. I didn’t notice the info for the unique ships on the bottom, but it still requires way more clicks than it should. I’m sad.