Highest DPS possible

I have found a strange anomaly within the new weapon called the “Phaser” that allows it to get upwards of 30-40k DPS, or even more!

The emminse DPS is achieved by finding a very large, and slow-moving target, or even a target that moves at the exact speed that the phaser’s energy spheres travel. You go up to it, and start pumping out as many energy spheres as possible straight in to its engines. If it is flying at the right speed, or if it is large enough, the spheres will do continuous damage as they travel through it, and the damage only gets higher the more spheres are in the target. So far I have gotten the highest DPS while fighting the Defiler. I can get a good 500k damage done, in just a few seconds. This being, ofcourse, that I am not killed by the emitters. But they are easily avoided by staying at around 5.5-6km away from the Defiler. I stay behind it and shoot in the direction it is traveling until my guns are about to overheat. The phenomenon is quite astounding and is something that everyone needs to see before the weapon is nerfed and made class-specific. I will capture video of this happening in the morning. But for now, I leave you with this question:

What is the highest DPS you have gotten with any given weapon? (Crits included)

Here’s a hint: The “damage per second” or DPS shown on the weapon is almost never the actual DPS.

Can multiple weapons used at the same time be included?

A guesstimate of my double drone + crit Singu CNN + kinetic = around 12000

The hint isn’t a hint. Why you insult intelligence? …

Lol. The DPS on weapon tabs is just a raw calculation of two variables. (Shots per second and damage per shot) It does not count in-flight modifications like overdrive or damage enhancers or other nifty modules like that. So you could have a T5 gunship in invasion that has Mk5 "insert epic DPS weapon here) and it could overdrive right when a friend activates Mk5, T5 Valkyrie and the little damage increasing red artifact in some maps, while another buddy reduces the resistances of the target with painter and stuff. This would be a key situation, but it’s just an example. It would turn 900 DPS in to 9000. XD

And I’m tempted to add drones to the equation, but let’s just keep it at main weapon+main/active modules. No missiles or such. :3

Yeah, I saw that. But I mean constant damage. Not damage per shot. XP

Yeah, I saw that. But I mean constant damage. Not damage per shot. XP

since when phaser do constant dmg?

Since it can pierce, while doing continuous danage.

I dont get it. I have been shooting the defiler with phaser bubbles quite a time, and this never happened.

You weren’t paying attention then. And they can only do continuous damage if you do not detonate them. Try shooting *one* single bubble at it then watch the damage from it. You will notice that it shows that you did damage multiple times.

Singularities still do more damage than the Phaser against the Defiler. Using Supernova singularity cannons will greatly result in far more damage on the Defiler (especially on the lightbringer where you have an increase in weapon heating time, or on a Mjolnir that has 2 engine slots, where one can be a shared cooler.

But they are easily avoided by staying at around 5.5-6km away from the Defiler. 

That’s a bit sad if you get hit by the emitters closer than 5.5k away. With the default strafe on a gunship you should be able to avoid emitter shots from 2.5k-3k away.

While the below is true,(I am not the most maneuverable,) the above is still false.

Initial hit damage from the singularities is the only damage that it applies, while the phaser orbs hit multiple times, and gain critical strikes of well over 13k for each consecutive hit.

For those that are too lazy to read:

One singularity= 7-16k damage

One phaser orb=20-50k damage

(Above only applies to Defiler)

So with multiple phaser orbs traveling through the Defiler at any given time, the damage from the phaser is multiplied several times.

gettin ~45k dmg on defiler with bubbles is quite common

Initial hit damage from the singularities is the only damage that it applies, while the phaser orbs hit multiple times, and gain critical strikes of well over 13k for each consecutive hit.

You should do some research before you make false statements. The singularity cannon can hit the defiler multiple times. It is very common for Supernova Singularities to ping damage on the Defiler 3 times or more (depending on the angle you hit, Bottom to top or top to bottom result in 3 or 4 damage pings with the singularity cannons). The Phaser and Singularity Cannon can both hit the Defiler with the same number of pings, but since the Singularity cannon does more damage per ping, it results in far more damage. I have had numerous instances where my bubbles have hit the Defiler for 3 damage pings, one or two being crits of up to 25k damage, the others being non-crits of 12k-15k damage.

Really? Cool!! This must be new because every singularity I’ve ever shot only hit once. XD

Really? Cool!! This must be new because every singularity I’ve ever shot only hit once. XD

“new”

“new”

“New”, now apparently synonymous with “old”

“New”, now apparently synonymous with “old”

It’s just this forum…

n00b >> ace

old >> new