High Ping

Hi can any one help me decipher this pingplotter screenie. I’m getting an average of 120 ping to EU servers when I usually only get 35.

aC4y8O4.png

I see that I have high Jitter on my router, some crazy packet loss a one point and at somepoint the ping just jumps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Private,

Please check this thread it could be usefull [http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/)

Regards,

Cheers i’ll give that a go.

EDIT: Ok the results from the 1st script

0nEV3zK.png

EDIT EDIT: Erm, how do I attach my logs? I only have some old logs in ‘My Media’

Update: I think it’s just the EU servers that are affected for me, RU servers have the sort of ping I expect, so something is going wonky somewhere.

Flying intys is a no go really, getting shots on target is really difficult now. I really need to find a solution as it is pretty much unplayable for me atm, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I’m getting the same issues on WarThunder.

What do I do? Is my ISP messing things up? Though according to pingplotter it looks like there is a hop to the US for some strange reason.

EDIT EDIT: Erm, how do I attach my logs? I only have some old logs in ‘My Media’

You can view how to do so [here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/)

/moved

Right, I’ve run a few fresh ping tests. The results:

gjFN3lc.png

QXPQqoK.png

Logs attached.

[chat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9258)

[combat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9259)

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9260)

[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9261)

you’v answered your own question

delays to EU servers start on 11 hop according to your last pingplotter shot

Do you know of anyway to resolve this? Is it my ISP?

now that is the question =)

Follow the logic:

1. to have better connection you have to have the shortest path possible

2. to be on the shortest path you can do at least three things:

2.1. The active way: Try to talk to your ISP and ask them if they can somehow make the route more straight. (by themselves or by influencing on their uplinks)

2.2. The way of hope: Maybe someday the ISP and its uplinks will do some optimization on the route tables…They do this from time to time. And it happens not only on their mood but also because of their clients feedback. (see 2.1.)

2.3. The cardinal way: Check the route from all of your numerous friends’  places that is connected to different ISP from yours. Choose the one who have the most shortest path to EU server and just switch to this ISP

there more ways ofcause =)

Just an update.

Well it seems it sorted itself out, all back to normal now :slight_smile:

Just an update.

Well it seems it sorted itself out, all back to normal now :slight_smile:

Good to know.