Hey look, tharga's miniature, useless nerfs do nothing **ACTUAL SUGGESTIONS HERE, DEVS** also rants.. lol. rants are good. points get made, but they get taken out of proportion.

Okay I don’t have alot of time to make a wall of text and devs seem to only read 10% of our suggestions so.

Tharga should not be able to kill any frigates with merely 3 hit. Yes It could kill frigates fast. but not THAT fast. I understand the concept of a gunship. 

SO. SUGGESTIONS THAT MAKES SENSE(not saying use all of them. pick one or two if you will):

• Drop down the speed and agility of the tharga down to standard fighter ships from jericho or the emipre.
  • Lower their stupidly high damage output. a little gunship based on DPS and positioning? mah lets give it 20’000 damage per hit. why not.
  • Drop their damage to a fair 6000 dps~ ish 
  • _ I like the idea that the tharga focuses on health regeneration _, 
  • give tharga some drawbacks. its “good” in every aspect. (I’ll edit this later to explain my point of view in this regard)

tharga does: 

• extremely high damage.
  • good shield resist and amount
  • good hull resist and amount +absurdly quick health regen
  • extremely high mobility  that should not be possible on a //GUNSHIP//.
  • Only way to kill a tharga is to have your teammates try to gun them down.

No other GUNSHIPS have had the need to be under fire from an entire team to kill.

from my statistics I see:

bad tharga players do decently and pull some kills on par with a “decent-to-good” performance.

and good thargas? well they just decimate entire teams and demands your own team to focus him alone and ignore the rest of the enemy team.

**EXTRA RANTS AND MAYBE GOOD INFO/SUGGESTIONS BEYOND THIS POINT**

SO to recap. knock down the tharga to some health regen based ship while giving it a good, exploitable downside to counter them with. and nerf their damage output down to a slightly better full-purple gear gunship like a pro mjolnir would… (its a pay to win ship after all. so we cant make it equal to standard ship amirite?)

the tharga right now isn’t a gunship.

its the best ship in the game, and the devs don’t want to admit it. because its their only source of making money.

give some suggestions on what should we nerf from the tharga without demanding drastic, unrealistic things like "oh hurr durr remove it from pvp"

_ I want the tharga to be as good as a rank 15 standard ship, considering its a new faction ship tree _

Star gem. or whoever’s working on the game. Please for the love of god ADVERTISE THE GAME TO GET PLAYERS AND MONEY, ITS NOT BY MILKING YOUR REMAINING, DYING COMMUNITY FOR MORE OVERPOWERED SHIPS THAT YOU’LL STAY AFLOAT

I’m aware people wouldn’t buy or try the tharga if it was “a tad” better than a mjolnir or something. but ruining the fun of the others who didn’t want to pay for the ship is just rude.

There has been at least 4-5 topics of the same content, i have added most of them for review, there is no need to make more of these topics unless you are willing to reorganize this one into a calmer non hysterical version with facts going deeper than 20k dmg output issue.

If destroyers are OP, people will say it’s balanced. It’s a big ship with 200k hull so it’s balanced - and no skill needed to shoot targets from 7k range, use destabilising field, garvitational lens…

If interceptors are OP, people will immediately say nerf the ship because it’s too quick it does too much damage - skill required to actually turn your ship and aim at a target

If destroyers get nerfed, people will say isn’t balanced i get oneshotted isn’t fair - finally get balanced is a SUPPRESSOR

Yes thar’ga need a nerf, thar’kt cannon doing too damage,combat recostructor not work correctly is too OP but stop with this type of tread now is time to learn to play (thar’ga is very vulnerable to takler)

Destroyers were OP because people loved bashing others without any consequences and now they cant, having soo much hp points is useless for charging solo, we all know how solitary most people are while playing this game, there’s soo much solo play in this game that some roles are downright neglected, one of which were SUPPRESSOR role and not ROFLSTOMP like they used it all until now.

Inties were too much not because of their speed or similar, it was due to that movement exploit with aiming and all that almost had no fix that they had to reduce the shooting angle because they didnt think of anything better at that moment. It was just as easy to exploit it as it was easy to exploit massive amounts of HP from destros to charge in solo and kill a whole team, again, without consequences.

Now we have the same thing with tharga, that ship and any other that will come in the future will be just as ridiculously nerfed as it is buffed now, I urge everyone reading this post of mine to be open minded even in the worst situations possible with their feedback and realistic and not clingy to their comfort zone/role for the sake of better balancing.

2 hours ago, Ogrande18O said:

If destroyers are OP, people will say it’s balanced. It’s a big ship with 200k hull so it’s balanced - and no skill needed to shoot targets from 7k range, use destabilising field, garvitational lens…

… this is mostly an issue with the r15 destoryers, only not with the t3, t4 ones, imho…

2 hours ago, Ogrande18O said:

…If interceptors are OP, people will immediately say nerf the ship because it’s too quick it does too much damage - skill required to actually turn your ship and aim at a target…

… not only, not only. People did reason pro nerf because op inties do not fit in their role, that being small, special role ships , fastest, highly maneuverable and vulnerable but with interesting tricks - opposite is omnipotent killing-every-ship-inty…

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

…we all know how solitary most people are while playing this game, there’s soo much solo play in this game that some roles are downright neglected, one of which were SUPPRESSOR role and not ROFLSTOMP like they used it all until now…

+1 for this exact analysis: encouragement of “solo play”.§)

But if one would research the root problem … one would see: devs gave the long range op r14 destroyers out, reward mostly quick kills and number of kills … this comes -inherently- with a payrole: players rage quitting, leaving the game for good, buying most op ship atm…

In such a stage progress and innovation in game can only realized by giving out even more op ships , like Tharga shows… there is systematic problem here! And I would suggest devs/designers are not stupid and know it…  (btw. g4borg did analyze this already brilliantly multiple times)…

There is a general shift to be expected in this game from old ship types to new Ellydium ship line towards mid/end of this year, after that all new Elly ships will be balanced against each other, ship tree will be nerfed and some old premium ships and best loved ships (like Styx for example) will be buffed etc.

Also there probably will come a new alien thread in open space: biomorphs and scouts are only the vanguard of a new alien invasion with more capable ships, like alien frigate class , who knows…

Guys, I’d say lets wait, good things take time…

P.S.:

$) On the other side you even get remnants of old game breaking kill squad play (see Millf and Eugen as Tharga kill-squad, this is op²). Game has to avoid these excesses in op-ness, its a thin line to go : I would say balancing this F2P is rather an art …

why are you guys focused on the destroyer issue. Im saying the tharga, the only ship in the game that is able to 3-hit KO a guard frigate or engineer. destroyers meanwhile take a good ammount of hits to kill any ship

did you even read my suggestions? this post is about suggesting nerfs. not just complaining.

and I would love the devs to release the next ships in the future to be play TESTED before release. so they stop getting those massive forum rants every time they change something.

my opinion  right now is

destroyers are fine. best balance I’ve seen, you get punished if you get in front of your team, and as a suppressor you should be sitting at the back. so. good job making a punish system for going in too far into the enemy.

BUT. tharga on the other end needs faster, more drastic nerfs than those weak… weak and barely noticable nerfs they pushed a few weeks ago.

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

There has been at least 4-5 topics of the same content, i have added most of them for review, there is no need to make more of these topics unless you are willing to reorganize this one into a calmer non hysterical version with facts going deeper than 20k dmg output issue.

Like i said, rearrange the topic, write exact numbers and/or scenarios that are absurd to you and i’ll make sure they are heard/read. Otherwise it’s just like the others i added before.

51 minutes ago, Mauroghen said:

why are you guys focused on the destroyer issue. Im saying the tharga, the only ship in the game that is able to 3-hit KO a guard frigate or engineer. destroyers meanwhile take a good ammount of hits to kill any ship

did you even read my suggestions? this post is about suggesting nerfs. not just complaining.

To be fair, the Guard that gets 3 hit KO by a tharga is a pretty damn xxxx guard

4 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

They sound like paper planes being smooshed together, not well built ships. Ppl discussing the destroyers as it is much the same complaint as when they arrived.

I read your suggestions, did u read mine?

Its difficult as an outside observer to simply say ‘this needs fixed’ thats why i wrote my wall, still no proper discussion on balance it descends to nonesense and personal points.

13 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

Okay I don’t have alot of time to make a wall of text

Dont sell yourself short that is a decent wall.

13 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

SO. SUGGESTIONS THAT MAKES SENSE:

• Drop down the speed and agility of the tharga down to standard fighter ships from jericho or the emipre.
  • Lower their stupidly high damage output. I mean seriously, a “DESTROYER” does at best 4k per hit. (destroyers hit a sweetspot in balance but they still get hammered too hard by thargas) yet a little gunship based on DPS and positioning? mah lets give it 20’000 damage per hit. why not.
  • Drop their damage to a fair 8000 per hit on frigates and destroyers.
  • _ I like the idea that the tharga focuses on health regeneration _, but combining that with ALL THE GOOD ATTRIBUTES AND NO DOWNSIDE? thats just my definition of overpowered.
  • seriously, name me one downside of the tharga.
  • Why specifically Jeri and Empire? Does it matter which?
  • 4k a hit from dess… at best, no.This 20k figure you throwing around also is the hallmark of gunships, rare but powerful attacks and consistanly highest dps for the ship size.
  • 8k as standard? To hell with resists and actual balancing, ‘here use this number’. If thats all nerf discussion takes then i’ll have the number 3.
  • I dont recall anyone trying to state otherwise
  • Its ugly, if i wanna use it in another rank i have to push a lot of buttons. Other thargas exist. The grind for it is immense and ppl will call you wallet warrior anyway. I got more but the u only asked for one.

14 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

**EXTRA RANTS AND MAYBE… just maybe… GOOD INFO/SUGGESTIONS BEYOND THIS POINT**

SO to recap. knock down the tharga to some health regen based ship while giving it a good, exploitable downside to counter them with. and nerf their damage output down to a slightly better full-purple gear gunship like a pro mjolnir would… (its a pay to win ship after all. so we cant make it equal to standard ship amirite?)

its just annoying to see FRIGATES MADE TO TANK AND LAST LONGER IN BATTLES WITH SLOWNESS AS A DOWNSIDE GET DECIMATED IN 2-3 HITS FROM A THARGA. WHILE THARGAS WHO ARE LIGHT FIGHTER SHIPS THAT CAN TAKE A BEATING BETTER THAN A JERICHO GUARD FRIGATE AND HAVE NO DOWNSIDES.

“oh counter them with the new guard frigate” “or use a tackler” doesn’t matter if you manage to slow down those fast xxxxxxxx. what next after you slowed them down? poke them with your 300 dmg guns on your frigate? yea good luck., tackler? their damage output is a joke if they don’t use the singularity cannon meta. so its always relied on your teammates that are either busy holding the rest of the team behind the powerful mighty tharga. or currently re-spawning.

Im not really seeing the good suggestions here.

Reference to being a p2w ship, nope. Other thargas and organised squads exist.

More numbers pulled out of… thin air. 2-3 hits ok wth ill go with it now. 300 dmg guns, wtf, no you lost me again. Tacklers have joke damage output!? Oh hell no. What are you making in that hanger?

14 hours ago, Mauroghen said:

give some suggestions on what should we nerf from the tharga without demanding drastic, unrealistic things like "oh hurr durr remove it from pvp"

_ I want the tharga to be as good as a rank 15 standard ship, considering its a new faction ship tree, not the “VIP PLEASE PAY 200$ TO PLAY THIS SECTION” type of faction. _

Star gem. or whoever’s working on the game. Please for the love of god ADVERTISE THE GAME TO GET PLAYERS AND MONEY, ITS NOT BY MILKING YOUR REMAINING, DYING COMMUNITY FOR MORE OVERPOWERED SHIPS THAT YOU’LL STAY AFLOAT

I’m aware people wouldn’t buy or try the tharga if it was “a tad” better than a mjolnir or something. but ruining the fun of the others who didn’t want to pay for the ship is just rude.

another tiny counter maybe? resonating ammo should be accessible to all like all the other ammo does. and should work on tharga IF they refuse to nerf the tharga PROPERLY

Maybe you can start by offering a suggestion as much of this to me reads as “hurr durr”

Another reference to p2w *sigh

Not bad, a suggestion. Though when u insta heal a reconstructor tharga using reboot or emergency barrier you’ll be back wanting another condition. Also some of the numbers you quoted wouldnt make any difference if they were doubled with alien ammo.

Look at the upgrade ‘wheel’ or have someone show it to you, therin lies the problem with nerfing this ship. And probably why the haves and have nots will never agree on the correct course of action.

Standardised upgrades per ranks it is being levelled with a drastic reduction to all the additional nodes.

Altering the thark cannon to be a fighters shrapnel cannon rather than its current wierd and powerful mechanic.

Inhib swarm radius reduction.

That’d be a decent start.

16 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

…Now we have the same thing with tharga, that ship and any other that will come in the future will be just as ridiculously nerfed…

You are making a good point overall its just one tiny thing that bothers me. Its been 3 month. 3. month. of. tharga… where is the nerf? I’m tired of waiting

1 hour ago, gheni4 said:

You are making a good point overall its just one tiny thing that bothers me. Its been 3 month. 3. month. of. tharga… where is the nerf? I’m tired of waiting

In every single patches. 

They nerfed tons of things by a lot. Compare the old matter absorber with the new one :

5k3 heal over 10 seconds in a 4km range

4k heal over 4 seconds in a 750m range

The fact that you can’t reboot intuition anymore

Crystal hunger that last from 9 to 6.5 seconds now (8 seconds for standard gunships) while still having a Host damage (making it actually worse then standard special).

Speed builds lost like 10% of their speed

Thar Kth minimal spread went from 2.5 to 7.5, making the weapon absolutely impossible to use without both kinetics passive AND spread ammo AND a guidance or two.

Thar Kth now takes about 1 seconds more to charge.

And so on…

The nerfs were a nice attempt but didn’t quite help, i have nothing against a difficult to play OP ship but let’s be honest here, it’s just about training the correct timing, just twice as complex as a tacklers slow + gauss combo, which isn’t complex because i was sarcastic. A mechanic like this requires riot games level of balancing, which will be a very hard task for our devs.

Nerfs were terrible now Targa is way too weak! Reverse nerfs now! Make Targa great again!

To be fair, Positron canon have the exact same damage output as Thar Kth. But peoples never complained about it

*Grab my mauler*

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

To be fair, Positron canon have the exact same damage output as Thar Kth. But peoples never complained about it

*Grab my mauler*

This xD

For the p2w part:

I push my thar’ga to lvl15 with 2 out 4 special modules and some guns and active modules with it,+ some nodes without spending a single cents.

15 hours ago, xKostyan said:

To be fair, the Guard that gets 3 hit KO by a tharga is a pretty damn xxxx guard

Actually, it’s not impossible, provided that you get a Tackler that helps with resistance de-buffs.

4 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

*Grab my mauler*

Mauler can’t fly like an interceptror. Ofc LRF has more DPS because it has more guns. but its a fat slow ship what can’t escape that easy.

52 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Actually, it’s not impossible, provided that you get a Tackler that helps with resistance de-buffs.

Oh so now it is a 2v1, maybe throw in a dart wit crit and dmg auras too?