Didn’t find a “Newbie” section on this forum so I decided to put this thread in misc. Also - if I make a mistake feel free to PM me a correction - still learning english (but you don’t have to write anything in painfully short and easy sentences, I understand people well - I’m just really bad at writing and terrible at talking. lol).
Anyway, I’m new in this game and so far I find it surprisingly enjoyable, but there are some things I’d like to ask.
- I wanted to change the game language (steam version) from polish to english because it’s much easier to search info about the game mechanics using english terms and weapon/ship names etc, english voices in the menu and during the battle cannot be heared for some reason and to be completely honest - it is translated very poorly (no offence to the devs, I know that translating a game can be difficult and costly, but right now it is really bad… Sometimes there is english and polish on the same screen, and there are a ton of spelling and grammar mistakes - reminds me the “Zero Wing” game and that famous “All your base are belong to us”) - unfortunately every time I change the game language (right click the game on Steam library => properties => language tab), it switches back to polish if I run the game second time or after shutting down the computer. Is there a way to fix this bug, maybe editing some configuration files?
- Every time I play the game it shows me a message that I can “like” the Star Conflict page on Facebook to get 100 GS. However when I go to my account setting in the game, I cannot add my facebook account. It looks like I’ve already linked my FB account to the game because I can publish screenshots etc and I liked the page, but it still showes me that message - and now I don’t remember if I got the GS or not. Should I write a ticket to the support?
Warning for people on phones and limited internet - big screenshots in spoiler (1680 x 1050)
- Most MMOs I’ve played so far have premium weapons/tanks/ships/planes/whatever that only make some serious cash if they are ultra expensive and have high level. Is it exactly the same in this game? Are tier 2 and 3 premium ships worth the money? I’d like to buy DLC (either the “Soldier of Fortune” or “Pirate Pack - Corsair”, both are 19€ each), right now can’t decide which one is better. Or maybe should I save money for the “Jolly Roger” for 49,99€?
- It may seem trivial, but… is there a way to turn off the menu music? This game has a very good sundtrack and I like listening to it when in battle or open space, but the track in menu gets old very quickly.
- Speaking of the translation… I noticed in the options that I can participate in the translation process by sending corrections to the devs. Dang, I will probably sound like a very selfish xxxxxxx now, but supposedly asking does not hurt - are there any small rewards for this? To be honest I do have some spare time right know and just like that I could send a ton of messages about various mistakes, but it’s not something very relaxing thing to do - sit down on a chair and for an hour or two writing messages and often checking words in dictionary to ensure that I translated everything just fine. It would be really nice to have at least a symbolic reward. Just saying.
Also, would you like to have these messages in a specific template? Should I precisely explain in english what is wrong with that particular centence and then write a correct version in polish?