Heavy blaster + iridium heatsink bug

Hey, i foud a bug. Iridium heatsink decreses dps of hevy blaster. This module should gain dps so why it dont work?

Before i reached synergy lvl 8 (+10% dmg) on Ronin 1 iriduim heatsink worked correctly.

Same is on Inquisitor S when i put 1 iriudium on it works fine but second one decreases dps. I

found this issue before few last patch

post-256357-0-83697100-1443866806.jpg

post-256357-0-17152000-1443866809.jpg

I guess bcz rate of fire is reaching 300 which is maximum, when u equip Iridium heatsink…so there use instead Pulse discharger on HB, not Iridium heatsink who grows that fire rate.

Never put Iridium heatsink when using Heavy Blaster, just Pulse discharger.

I guess bcz rate of fire is reaching 300 which is maximum, when u equip Iridium heatsink…so there use instead Pulse discharger on HB, not Iridium heatsink who grows that fire rate.

Never put Iridium heatsink on HB.

Pretty much this, once your RoF reachs 300, it won’t increase anymore, and that’s what an Iridium Heatsink does. So it won’t have any effect anymore.

Heavy Blaster is an odd one. You can increase it’s supposed DPS by using a shared cooler, because it lengthens the time until overheat.

By that same token, using an iridium heatsink and reaching the 300r/min hard limit will give you “less” dps because it still reduces your time to overheat by the 10%, but doesn’t increase r/min since it is at the limit. Because your time to overheat is less, you get less DPS.

Since you want to use iridium heatsink to preserve energy regen, I suggest looking at the rank 11 implant which increases fire rate by 8% and changing it to the resistance reducing one. This way you may still be able to use an iridium heatsink without reaching to 300 r/min limit.

Edit: Confirmed you can use ONE iridium heatsink on HB and have 297r/min but you Must Not have rank 11 implant that increases fire rate.

As you know, Heavy Blaster has variable fire rate.

Therefore, his DPS depends on difference between max and min fire rate.

At the first screenshot difference = 292-48.6 = 243.4 rounds per min

At the second screenshot difference = 300-53 = 247 rounds per min

The speed of the fire rate increase is constant in both times.

Therefore, in the second time, Blaster has more time to reach full fire rate and has less time with full fire rate.