Heavily Unbalanced PvP

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Something makes you bitter, not only a bit but a bit more, so you started to think. Now - what do you think might help you? Can somebody help you? maybe its the internal logic of “xxxx happens” plus some rare occasions when test-players, dev-players, or GMs or whatever seem to lever out that (supposedly complicated) mm mechanic altogether for some battles of their own, in where they always seem to play together. We do not know if its sheer happenstance, temporarily misuse of GM/dev privileges or simply fixing the group of high echelon players to a very specific game-server (per ip or whatever)  and hitting the start button at the same time - they even may have a good reason for doing so - or just for fun (because they and their few buddies can). ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Now what about your bitterness? Who could help? You? And what about loosing in this game a bit too much, or, having the impression being raw meat for nearly all other players? Yesterday you won (in short) 6 out of 10 games, stats say. We would know from that, that you had a decent build of ship(s), played at right time and contributed to the obectives of your side! But the logic is, that at least one (assumed) player won only 4 out these 10 game I spoke about (idealized), and he or she has not shown up here to complain so far. Why?

Ok - some Tips for you, that helped me in time of crisis in SC :

• make experienced players your friends,
  • invite them to your list-of-friend, or just set them on follow
  • ask them about your ship and builds
  • do pve events with them and
  • try to help the even less lucky then you,
  • for you already have above average skills

Stop stop and stop trying to get any deeper in devs a…

Right now MM S U C K big time.

Do I have to write this one more time?

I have more then 30k PvP game. So I have experience so let me tell you one more time before you get smart on me

MM is S H I T.

No even games, late hot joining, R7 against R15 what I just tested today.

Not even close to balance.

Players with low rank ships that have noting to do in T5 get to play against players with full line up of ships.

Did you copy this MM is broken full S H I T and it S U C K big time.

So I played with R7 against R15 but this is ok you say, ok??? ( if same number of players with R15 and R7 ships would be on each side perhaps )

But guess what? No it wasn’t so.

One team had just low rank ships and other max rank ships.

So get smart here and tell me that this is good balance.

It isn’t ,it is full broken.

And if this will go so on there will be no players left, just devs with twisted view and players like you and some others here that are deep in bottom of their back.

2 hours ago, SunnySweet said:

Stop stop and stop trying to get any deeper in devs a…

Right now MM S U C K big time.

Do I have to write this one more time?

I have more then 30k PvP game. So I have experience so let me tell you one more time before you get smart on me

MM is S H I T.

No even games, late hot joining, R7 against R15 what I just tested today.

Not even close to balance.

Players with low rank ships that have noting to do in T5 get to play against players with full line up of ships.

Did you copy this MM is broken full S H I T and it S U C K big time.

So I played with R7 against R15 but this is ok you say, ok??? ( if same number of players with R15 and R7 ships would be on each side perhaps )

But guess what? No it wasn’t so.

One team had just low rank ships and other max rank ships.

So get smart here and tell me that this is good balance.

It isn’t ,it is full broken.

And if this will go so on there will be no players left, just devs with twisted view and players like you and some others here that are deep in bottom of their back.

Not sure but somewhow I have the feeling the game is here for certain individuals to play and naturally they need a crowd to play with…Some, accidentally may benefit and those cases are the proof that things aint that way…Perhaps this is why the game doesnt get much promotion and new blood…

I agree 100% that the mm, the current mm I’m experiencing is mildly horrid, regardless the “tips” and tutorials. I’m still waiting for some answers from xKostyan who’s avoiding to reply.

12 minutes ago, ComWittman said:

Not sure but somewhow I have the feeling the game is here for certain individuals to play and naturally they need a crowd to play with…

So if they are individuals, would you mind to list their nicknames, please? Now you cannot say “them” -  if we are now on “individual” level - please name them.

3 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

So if they are individuals, would you mind to list their nicknames, please? Now you cannot say “them” -  if we are now on “individual” level - please name them.

Listen, your attitude and intent are clear. You know what he meant. His point was given.

There is no need to try to mock or invalidate someone who doesn’t agree with your opinion, to try to sway him to sing your way. If you want that, get a canary instead.

So, your opinion was stated and noted. Wittman told this point, and I support him, but also because I have the same experience as he has. Now it’s my turn.

Developers know what’s true and what isn’t.

You/We DO NOT know something for sure.

Like, SPECULATING or ASSUMING things, and as such, they cannot be considered as FACTS, but that does not mean that they need to be DISMISSED.

So, what we have here, are ASSUMPTIONS that are based on our personal/collective EXPERIENCE.

But that doesn’t mean that they are invalid or incorrect. The pattern is clear. The INDICATION IS THERE! From what I can gather, it seems that MM favors certain people over the others.

Some people have the win-rate of 2.60 or even above 3.20 from like of 15000-20000 battles. Mostly Russians, I suppose.

In any case, even if you’re a damn good player, sometimes you can’t do anything because you get into a match when the match is about to end, resulting in your failure.

Three beacons are already captured, or all three stations already destroyed, etc. Combat Recon had the same crap.

You joined without your Captain, then get killed instantly, courtesy of the new, improved Matchmaker.

I had a rating of 1.80 - win rate! Now, it’s at 1.66. Why? It’s not because I wanted to lose. Not at all. Of course, it’s not all the Matchmaker’s fault, but it’s responsible to some point.

I got into losing match much more than into winning matches (join-in-progress). If the MM would truly indiscriminate against odds and players, the ratio should have been similar.

I am not unlucky or bad with what I do, it’s because the MM puts one Rank 5 level 1 synergy ship on my team, while the other gets a Rank 8 Destroyer that’s fully synergized.

Then I compare both players and I see that one player has a week old record while the other one has 2 months or more. This is not fair and balanced at all!

Join-in-progress should be SCRUBBED altogether. I prefer to wait for one to two minutes more, just to get a clear indication what I can expect.

And yes, I would love to create a LOBBY or a CUSTOM MATCH, but the rewards there are REMOVED to avoid manipulation or foul play.

I won’t play for wasting my time. My time and effort are being wasted when the resources that I EARNED during gameplay, gets DESTROYED.

Again, the matchmaker sucks big time. I am not sure if it’s rigged, but I know that this is NOT NORMAL or BETTER.

It’s not balanced and at least equalized in a way that you could say, okay, now it’s up to players and their actions to determine the winner. Such matches DO EXIST, but they are extremely rare.

Ships setups ARE OFTEN totally different, teams with no Destroyers in their lineup gets a team of two on the enemy side, or you get some rookie with a Rank 5 ship, while the other gets Rank 11?

A player with one ship, while the other has 3 or 4 - full lineup.

You’re defending this game and your statements about the Deconstructor weapon while ignoring facts that were told by others. Easy to dodge? Not on a frigate at 500 meters!

What about the critical additional damage that is dealt with critical hits?

It’s Simple! The Phase Suppressor is not equal or better than the Deconstructor weapon.

I DO NOT SEE anyone using Phase Suppressor, but I SEE EVERYONE using Deconstructor. Isn’t that clear enough what is favored over what?

42 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Listen, your attitude and intent are clear. You know what he meant. His point was given.

There is no need to try to mock or invalidate someone who doesn’t agree with your opinion, to try to sway him to sing your way. If you want that, get a canary instead.

(…)

The pattern is clear. The INDICATION IS THERE! From what I can gather, it seems that MM favors certain people over the others.

TBH I am not defending anything here. Just trying to get to the core of what he said. If game favours individuals, then who are they? Can we have names/nicks of them? Why are you receiving that question as a mocking or attack - I am being serious with asking such question. If the game favours some individuals that don’t fit pattern then maybe there is something wrong? Maybe they are using some 3rd party software? I don’t know. That’s why I am asking. 

42 minutes ago, Koromac said:

You’re defending this game and your statements about the Deconstructor weapon while ignoring facts that were told by others. Easy to dodge? Not on a frigate at 500 meters!

What about the critical additional damage that is dealt with critical hits?

It’s Simple! The Phase Suppressor is not equal or better than the Deconstructor weapon.

I DO NOT SEE anyone using Phase Suppressor, but I SEE EVERYONE using Deconstructor. Isn’t that clear enough what is favored over what?

I’m not defending anything here. I can dodge Deconstructor projectile in the interceptor most of the time. Same as OmegaFighter, PhoenixFire, NEYTRON and few others I asked. 

And regarding the Deconstructor vs Phase Suppressor against frigates:

Both guns vs R15 guard, same resists on shields, hull has basic damage reduction against thermal and kinetic (no hull slot on Patriarch). Please, count the time and tell me again that Deconstructor is far superior against frigates than Phase Suppressor. There was no healing involved on those videos. When later on that Patriarch got his heals on, for 6 seconds all damage from Deconstructor was mitigated and then 75% was covered by healing. And that is without any damage reduction modules. Please - check for yourself. As I wrote again and again and again - yes Deconstructor needs to have it’s damage profile adjusted, it’s like 4 barrel charged Gauss from 2 barrel autofire gun. Make it RoF higher while lowering the crit effect. THAT IS WHAT I’VE BEEN SAYING! People lost their ability to read and understand words? WTH?

Join-in-progress should be SCRUBBED altogether.

Couldn’t there just be an ‘opt-in/out’ option for joining matches late?

About Deconstructor weapon 

It is by far the best weapon for cov. ops now. Far far better then Phase Suppressor.

Do I think that Deconstructor is OP?

No I don’t.

You still have to aim and hit with it.

And you have to be close to do it.

We have a lot of auto aim weapons that are for sure OP against Deconstructor.

Also lasers that can hit you on more then +8km distance + damage buffs from certain modules are far more OP.

Then Positron cannon that can one shot small ships on 6+km from stealth ship it is more OP.

Should I go on?

5 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

Your issue is a name list or whether this is the case or not ? Of course, how silly of me to ask what your point is given that I already know what your motives are. Please spare me, wont get into a pointless back and forth here ! Are you one of those that are favored by the mm ? I’m really trying my best not to quit, hence posting here what troubles me along with everyone I’ve spoken with, the least I need is you dragging the whole thing elsewhere, no need for that distraction.

_A side note, was stupid enough to believe what you said to another player about  the flux phaser at a discussion for the deconstructor. I removed a mk4 deconstructor and upgraded to mk instantly a f/phaser. That gun isnt upto 30% of the deconstructor, shame the vouchers and GS I’ve spend taking your words for granted, lesson learned. Despite the fact that I HAD to add a Cov Ops in my line up [ship class that am not able to play well] and equipped it with a deconstructor so that I’ll use it to deal [as much as I can] with that plague, I would be very glad to see it nerfed. That thing is clearly a game breaker.

Edit: BTW, I asked how is it even possible for someone to have 178 win streak and still got no reply, will not stop asking and my intention is not to harrass but to understand. Shocking number you must admit.  As for names, why dont you ask that player to tell you the secret of their success, obviously I’m not included in that list of divine players, I’m a mere mortal._

49 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

About Deconstructor weapon 

It is by far the best weapon for cov. ops now. Far far better then Phase Suppressor.

Do I think that Deconstructor is OP?

No I don’t.

You still have to aim and hit with it.

And you have to be close to do it.

We have a lot of auto aim weapons that are for sure OP against Deconstructor.

Also lasers that can hit you on more then +8km distance + damage buffs from certain modules are far more OP.

Then Positron cannon that can one shot small ships on 6+km from stealth ship it is more OP.

Should I go on?

lets buff it then !

lol…

1 hour ago, demaneR said:

Couldn’t there just be an ‘opt-in/out’ option for joining matches late?

That would have been GREAT, that is one of the issues that I’m having.

5 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

For you my friend I will do my best:

I can give you some names. One or two weeks ago they were in same PvP team for six games in row. 

It was MaX DeliteD mrJin and two more (five in total) that also have w/l ratio >2. All with 15k or more games.

(I have to check on screen shot for those two names)

I asked DeliteD how is possible that they are always on same team, he replayed with : we know the way.

So yes I totally agree with Koromac and his post.

If you don’t believe me there is simple way to see this, remove squads from PvP and then check logs and tell the odds how is possible that they will still always be in same team.

Yesterday simular thing I was on alt account playing PvP my max R was R9 and I also had Tharga R5 and Recon R7 in slot.

I got in game DOMINATION where oposite team had R10 to R15 ships and there was again DeliteD (not sure if same one like last time since trollers have all simular names now) 

So DeliteD ESB + one more ESB player I guess they were in squad (R12-15 premium ships) and guess what JoZeR  ESB on that side too all tougether with more then 60K games in total.

Of course this was not enough two more SRS players on that side as well with SPARKS and auto aim lasers (new ones).

So what happened then?

Game started remember it was DOMINATION they were farming on spawn, they even did’t get all becons, just two that they can farm low rank ships.

GG all?

Or just good MM?

Or just GG devs? 

So my friend what now?

Of course you will not believe me.

You will request screen shot that I actually have. 

But what then?

You will perhaps go to devs with it, but they don’t care.

Really I lost my faith in developers way so I don’t care anymore. 

If they care they have all logs so they can easy check this since you have some names now.

6 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

I can give you some names. One or two weeks ago they were in same PvP team for six games in row. 

It was MaX DeliteD mrJin and two more (five in total) that also have w/l ratio >2. All with 15k or more games.

I asked DeliteD how is possible that they are always on same team, he replayed with : we know the way.

If you don’t believe me there is simple way to see this, remove squads from PvP and then check logs and tell the odds how is possible that they will still always be in same team.

Yesterday simular thing I was on alt account playing PvP my max R was R9 and I also had Tharga R5 and Recon R7 in slot.

I got in game DOMINATION where oposite team had R10 to R15 ships and there was again DeliteD (not sure if same one like last time since trollers have all simular names now) 

So DeliteD ESB + one more ESB player I guess they were in squad (R12-15 premium ships) and guess what JoZeR  ESB on that side too all tougether with more then 60K games in total.

Of course this was not enough two more SRS players on that side as well with SPARKS and auto aim lasers (new ones).

So what happened then?

Game started remember it was DOMINATION they were farming on spawn, they even did’t get all becons, just two that they can farm low rank ships.

GG all?

Or just good MM?

Or just GG devs? 

So my friend what now?

Of course you will not believe me.

You will request screen shot that I actually have. 

But what then?

You will perhaps go to devs with it, but they don’t care.

Really I lost my faith in developers way so I don’t care anymore. 

If they care they have all logs so they can easy check this since you have some names now.

On the contrary, I do believe every word you’ve said since I’ve seen it too ! Someone was asking me for names, sometimes at my age keep forgetting things, let them come over and check the names you’ve mentioned. I would also suggest they investigate what that player said to you “we know the way”, seems quite serious to me !

“We know da way” - Sounds like that’s a joke since it’s a meme

This made my day:

… houdini-taikins …

with a big lol of the day

11 hours ago, John161 said:

If the spread is distributed evenly you can get a rough idea of percentage of hits at range x with f(x)= (r²π/(cos(α)/x)²π) where r is the radius of the target and α the spread. You can ofc replace r²π with a more precise surface that is facing you.

so as i thought, no ship size factor (impact area scaling) but more or less reverse proportional to exp2 of distance (for area is determined by the spread factor of weapon , not of ship size - if I understand correctly)

“We know da way” - Sounds like that’s a joke since it’s a meme

could be – I think they test out a lot of things because of preparation of the upcoming open space upgrade and new pilot ranking system …

… and I am honestly not so very much bothered by the mm, like other players … but maybe , yes , could have made players quit …

I further think that the name “Journey” of SC v.1.5.0 give a hint that the hole game is going to move into a bright new galaxy with totally new things … 

I already know what your motives are

He’s a GM - maybe its his job ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

how is it even possible for someone to have 178 win streak

maybe from old golden days of op kill-squad play

Some people have the win-rate of 2.60 or even above 3.20 from like of 15000-20000 battles

your stats in lower ranks / tiers stay when you play only in higher ranks - so rank leveling due to mm hot jump etc is effecting W/L only slowly over time (the higher the slower)

9 hours ago, ComWittman said:

Your issue is a name list or whether this is the case or not ? Of course, how silly of me to ask what your point is given that I already know what your motives are. Please spare me, wont get into a pointless back and forth here ! Are you one of those that are favored by the mm ? I’m really trying my best not to quit, hence posting here what troubles me along with everyone I’ve spoken with, the least I need is you dragging the whole thing elsewhere, no need for that distraction.

_A side note, was stupid enough to believe what you said to another player about  the flux phaser at a discussion for the deconstructor. I removed a mk4 deconstructor and upgraded to mk instantly a f/phaser. That gun isnt upto 30% of the deconstructor, shame the vouchers and GS I’ve spend taking your words for granted, lesson learned. Despite the fact that I HAD to add a Cov Ops in my line up [ship class that am not able to play well] and equipped it with a deconstructor so that I’ll use it to deal [as much as I can] with that plague, I would be very glad to see it nerfed. That thing is clearly a game breaker.

Edit: BTW, I asked how is it even possible for someone to have 178 win streak and still got no reply, will not stop asking and my intention is not to harrass but to understand. Shocking number you must admit.  As for names, why dont you ask that player to tell you the secret of their success, obviously I’m not included in that list of divine players, I’m a mere mortal._

Seriously?  If there is something wrong ALL data is valuable, nicknames, recordings, screenshots - what is wrong with you? It’s like “hey devs, there is a group of people staying on opposite team all the time, they have 80k won battles each and our team has 3000 in total. There is something wrong, but I will not tell you who they were! And if you want details - talk to the hand, I can’t be bothered! I will post multiple posts about it, but not a single one with solid data!” approach. C’mon. You are expecting (I hope) something to be fixed, without saying what. 

Also what has Flux Phaser to Deconstructor? Flux Phaser is a slow firing, long range, guided projectile. It does have horrible DPS, it’s strength comes from hitting distant, manoeuvring targets.

Long win streaks were mostly possible when you could form unopposed squads. 

9 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Thx, forwarded.

I also forgot to mention one thing.

The Matchmaker completely disregard who has Ellydium ships or not.

It happened to me a lot of times, still is, that the enemy team had Tai’Kins or Waz’Gots, while our team did not have a single Ellydium ship, at least not in terms that are equal to both teams.

That’s something that’s important as well. In fact, our team often did not have a single Ellydium ship, while the other 2 players were in a group, and had both.

Another thing to mention. Most people now abuse R10 or R12 ships, due to their Premium features and specific in-battle bonus modifiers that are conveniently hidden from the HUD.

Top players, like [SRS], [ESB] are using such tactics against other ships who do not have such bonuses.

Hidden passive modifiers: (such thing shouldn’t exist)

3e4ce9bb2b86fe68c03b721667c3.jpg

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

I also forgot to mention one thing.

The Matchmaker completely disregard who has Ellydium ships or not.

It happened to me a lot of times, still is, that the enemy team had Tai’Kins or Waz’Gots, while our team did not have a single Ellydium ship, at least not in terms that are equal to both teams.

That’s something that’s important as well. In fact, our team often did not have a single Ellydium ship, while the other 2 players were in a group, and had both.

Another thing to mention. Most people now abuse R10 or R12 ships, due to their Premium features and specific in-battle bonus modifiers that are conveniently hidden from the HUD.

Top players, like [SRS], [ESB] are using such tactics against other ships who do not have such bonuses.

Hidden passive modifiers: (such thing shouldn’t exist)

3e4ce9bb2b86fe68c03b721667c3.jpg

This table is wrong, BTW. I don’t know the current values, but there is no 55% hull and shield resist bonus.

PS passive boost exist for few months if not longer. It’s that message on top of the screen saying something about ship normalisation. 

5 hours ago, niripas said:

Seriously?  If there is something wrong ALL data is valuable, nicknames, recordings, screenshots - what is wrong with you? It’s like “hey devs, there is a group of people staying on opposite team all the time, they have 80k won battles each and our team has 3000 in total. There is something wrong, but I will not tell you who they were! And if you want details - talk to the hand, I can’t be bothered! I will post multiple posts about it, but not a single one with solid data!” …

C#mon - I am not criticizing you - but to be fair, he tried to show you direction of problems – you as GM can observe from there on. Without proper tools its really hard to say, hard to distinguish … if one sees ghosts or facts … And you (and he) naturally would try to avoid being troublemaker for nothing  … (with players like Omega in ESB, no wonder, didn’t he left frustrated)

I also recognized such things but I am not sure if I only have bias or not … and it doesn’t bother me, honestly, I can live with it … I had suspicion but now that I know what the problem is, I live with it … its the testers devs and friends, so what ?

This table is wrong, BTW. I don’t know the current values, but there is no 55% hull and shield resist bonus.

PS passive boost exist for few months if not longer. It’s that message on top of the screen saying something about ship normalisation. 

We all should be a bit tolerant by now, after all this years,  that we recognize that at least parts of the game are under constant ‘Open Beta’ live-development status, at least periodically…

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, niripas said:

Seriously?  If there is something wrong ALL data is valuable, nicknames, recordings, screenshots - what is wrong with you? It’s like “hey devs, there is a group of people staying on opposite team all the time, they have 80k won battles each and our team has 3000 in total. There is something wrong, but I will not tell you who they were! And if you want details - talk to the hand, I can’t be bothered! I will post multiple posts about it, but not a single one with solid data!” approach. C’mon. You are expecting (I hope) something to be fixed, without saying what. 

Also what has Flux Phaser to Deconstructor? Flux Phaser is a slow firing, long range, guided projectile. It does have horrible DPS, it’s strength comes from hitting distant, manoeuvring targets.

Long win streaks were mostly possible when you could form unopposed squads. 

1st off, you and from your current position should be able to spot such issues/players, and 2nd I’m not talking just about players that might have found a way to abuse the mm in their favor but the mm it self favoring certain players. The second part of my query should be answered by you and/or devs.

Flux/Deconstructor…well actually Ive been wondering that my self, it was you that said they have the same damage and the impact is more or less the same so if the deconstructor should get a nerf then the flux should have 1 too.

As for the long win streak I see nothing whatsoever as a reply from the player that I’ve asked to explain to us how on earth was/is even possible. The odd occassion you’re saying I cant have an objective opinion as most likely was before my time and because there’s a load of things that I do not understand, I ask for clarification.

For once more, I dont want to get into bonuses or buffs of lower ranks nor debate at this point the mixed rank games. My issues are fact 1 - we cant opt out joining ongoing games, 2 - the frequency of joining the losing team, 3 - mm [possibly] favoring some and/or abuse [possibly ability] of some to influence the process of joining. There is of course one more thing, and it comes from your words Niripas, I somehow have the feeling the game is telling me - “you won 2 rounds now its you turn to lose” mildly this is outrageous on the basis winning is not based on player ability/skill but turn. Turn that we [as common players] have no idea whether is flawed or not.