Gunship Octopus

screenshot-180508-123806.jpg.6329022ef10296e57da20405e6fa9732.jpg

Whalecome to my gunship Octo guide

Basically it’s a meta thing i made out of simple boredom and i felt like SP ships were falling behind on everything soo i decided to revamp them as much as i could ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

But first:

Spoiler

Let’s take a moment to admire the color scheme :Đ

giphy.gif

Anyway, back to the Octo, it’s a simple idea that needs a bit of practice to make it work, it’s not your usual no-skill taikin dab/loki kite/object superdash/sniping lazor/etc BS.

You play it by not yolo diving into the enemy team for starters, 360noscope is out of the picture too so you just as well might stop reading past this sentence if you identify yourself as a Xyphos/Scyther kind of a persona.

The trick is to use the engi drones as a form of [Shield Booster L 17], it’s basically the same thing just takes one second more to reload and you have 2 extra heal actives that provide extra dps passively. That’s pretty much it, now go and do that on all engies, key thing is to not help anyone than yourself!

screenshot-180508-123820.jpg.15b99f94e699bb18d1048e2b0248e31e.jpg

Since nobody cares about the icon change ill copy-pasta the names of mods from left to right: [Vernier Engines 17][Shared Cooler 17]-[Iridium Heatsink 17][Pulse Discharger 17]-[EM-diffuser 17][Thermal Modulator 17][Auxiliary Shield Projector 17]-[Target Tracking Coprocessor 17][Electronic Guidance 17] as for the 2nd row: [Vulcan 17][Vanadium Shells 17]-[Cruise missile 17]-[Vanguard combat drones]-[Shield Booster L 17][Energy converter 17][Warp Gate 17][Multiphase Shield Adapter 17]

screenshot-180508-123830.jpg.41a5dcd2561e1997e1104004ce4ff526.jpg screenshot-180508-133641.jpg.6615349f660e41ea6304659c977c6bd4.jpg

Vulcan is the only weapon good enough that deals decent dps with some modifications on spread, rate of fire and projectile speed, the usual stuff when dealing with kinetic weaponry… and the cruise missile combined with the right crew settings makes sure once you fire the missile, it hits the target, maybe not in the exact moment but eventually.

screenshot-180508-123900.jpg.f01c6fb1a8a427eec30d3a2997ee0ae5.jpg screenshot-180508-135612.jpg.3c667e9e385353cd82acf486157b0b9b.jpg

If you don’t want to see your drones blow out on the first sign of trouble you better go for these drones, it’s kinda obvious why + the heal rates are pretty much in the same range anyway. The lvl 4 bonus i went for is crit damage and the lvl 8 are equally as useless for my idea.

screenshot-180508-133719.jpg.f8065040b6859b5884fcd12e3fb6aaba.jpg

The crew settings are pretty straightforward,  you can only change implants in row 4, maybe 12, 13, 14 and 15 to your liking, the rest should better stay as it is.

So that’s pretty much it for the octo meta idea, the only thing left is to explain perhaps the combos of how to play it in my own experience.

What you should probably try to go with is [Energy converter 17] as the first thing to quickly eliminate the enemy or enemies (its best to use against more than one target so you can feed the damage output even more), then depending on your shield loss trigger or not trigger[Shield Booster L 17] to repair yourself and then slap on the resistances from [Multiphase Shield Adapter 17] if things get hairy and after that all you do is feed the shields with the [Vanguard combat drones] as a last resort (because you need the dps they provide as extra, unless, the target is out of range) and wait for cooldown on EC or shield booster.

To make things as effective as possible you need to know the mechanics of your actives, how long they are active, what do they provide and how. Every situation will be different so you will have to constantly adapt to it and keep a cool head. With the proper activation sequence in any given situation you may be able to outtank a guard, outdamage a gunship or simply outplay a player.

Dont forget that the [Warp Gate 17] provides a fair amount of mobility to an already fast fed ship, the idea is good for both objective capping as it is for killing if used right.

giphy.gif

#madskillz

Spoiler

screenshot-180218-124208.jpg.d6978cf4862ff9f2e15d40bd7615eda3.jpgscreenshot-180218-121722.jpg.0580b63cd7a58312881053944ebba8c8.jpgscreenshot-180504-131442.jpg.2f54af56c904812b0eb79a7ba6f35578.jpgscreenshot-180501-185337.jpg.3f3814b83ff4b713d865ecb8ce6d398f.jpg

If i forgot to explain something feel free to ask.

Viddy?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Viddy?

You mean a video?

17 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

You mean a video?

Ye

why long range missile ? torpedo will be much more efficient!

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ye

One day when i remember to record it xD

2 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

why long range missile ? torpedo will be much more efficient!

Nah not really, im shooting at moving targets this time xd

39 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Nah not really, im shooting at moving targets this time xd

Yes, exactly! xD

wRMou3b.jpg

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Yes, exactly! xD

wRMou3b.jpg

Nice Deconstructor Cosplay

I would possibly switch out the warpgate in favor of the shield heal aura. Getting to a destination a bit faster is not as valuable as not dieing. Plus you help your allies more.

The Wazdum could possibly provide a superior option for mid range engagements while additionally providing more team support. It would also free up a few slots, since it only lacks in bullet speed.

Wouldn’t it be more fitting to use Octopus Missiles instead?

It should be Energy Emitter instead of Warp Gate.

Giving you advantage against Energy Draining stuff and Object NY18.

Doomsday instead of Cruise Missile is also a better option.

17 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I would possibly switch out the warpgate in favor of the shield heal aura. Getting to a destination a bit faster is not as valuable as not dieing. Plus you help your allies more.

The Wazdum could possibly provide a superior option for mid range engagements while additionally providing more team support. It would also free up a few slots, since it only lacks in bullet speed.

17 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Warp gate is better, especially with cd reduction bonus and implant. Energy emitter could go in instead of something else, but definately not instead of a warp gate.

Aoe Shield heal would be pretty useless in such setup too.

I tested all of the options, the one presented is the optimal combo but it differs from player to player so one can change it on the whim, the main thing is being a damage dealer with a lot of alternative tank so however you wanna fit it could work as well.

Nice, keep it up Orca! rank 15 SP need more love.

7 hours ago, pedropva said:

Nice, keep it up Orca! rank 15 SP need more love.

YASS they do, reinventing them as i go xd

Awesome setup Orca. I was just debating about building one you may have convinced me lol

I hope you manage it, it’s kinda tricky at first if you are one of those panic buttoners xD

HaHa – haha – haha – haha, what a nice idea bro ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I’m guessing it’s sarcasm xd

This is my build based on orca’s with small changes

[Shared Cooler 17][Inertial Stabilizer 17][Iridium Heatsink 17][Pulse Discharger 17][Thermal Modulator 17][EM-diffuser 17][Shield Splitter 17][Galvanized Armor 17][‘Horizon’ Module 17]