[GUNSHIP] Intermediate Level Guide for Federation Gunships

Turn on annotations for some of the recent patch corrections made to Adaptive shields and Overdrive. The federation ships work best when played with an aggressive play-style. Hopefully this video guide helps to get you started on your road to bubble hunting.

When I get the chance I will make an Advanced Level Guide but that won’t be for a few months (work commitments etc)

If I have left out any obvious stuff leave a response below and I will add it into the thread or as an annotation on the video

Nice guide! Pinned.

Surprising. Now I see why I can’t kill you, and what I’m doing wrong. 

Thanks, but be careful, I may try to kill you with your own technic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Surprising. Now I see why I can’t kill you, and what I’m doing wrong. 

Thanks, but be careful, I may try to kill you with your own technic. :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll be on the look out  :001j:

Thread title is a misnomer~! This is an excellent demonstration of fighter piloting skills, no matter what kind.

How do you roll and stay on the targeting reticle. Personally I’d like to see how hard it is to defend against a roll attack but I think I have never seen it used against me. I have seen pilots drunk drive towards me but they can’t fire shots. they only way they could advance and shoot is if they roll attack or advance in a straight line.

I am going to keep watching this vid until I get it.

Nice guide, should be watched by anyone wanting to learn to fly fast ships, it’s a good primer on many of the ideas relevant to it, not just for fighters but for interceptors as well.

+1

But… but… those are supposed to be secrets!! heresy!!! how are we going to keep farming people??

Nice guide man, and nice piloting skills. Mine are still better but whatever…  :01212:  :00444:

How do you roll and stay on the targeting reticle. Personally I’d like to see how hard it is to defend against a roll attack but I think I have never seen it used against me. I have seen pilots drunk drive towards me but they can’t fire shots. they only way they could advance and shoot is if they roll attack or advance in a straight line.

practise. first try in pve on a nav station or something without overdrive, then with overdrive, then go to pvp and try on snipers sitting still etc. when you get used to it you can do it on empire gunships with rails/lasers as well (bit harder)

Nice guide. Many thanks. I’ve stayed far away from gunships…until now.

This should be posted to the wiki site.

with the adaptive shield nerf, federation ships that use this style of play are now very weak. feel free to watch the tutorial anyway and learn from movements and theory of using the federation gunships (which can be applied to other fast moving ships) but as it stands the federation gunships t3 -> 5 are now obselete. try another faction

this is a bug and will be fixed next patch, game on :slight_smile:

alex that’s with strafe implant or rotation implant? 

I like strafe implant for the manoeuvres but if you need more rotation, try rotation implant

I like strafe implant for the manoeuvres but if you need more rotation, try rotation implant

It’s because you basically do a spiral when you spin around with strafe. And without strafe implant or a strafe engine, it won’t work. You’d move mostly in a straight line while spinning. 

How else are you supposed to run circles around a frigate and fire at them at the same time?

i’m so used to the mobile fortress style of gunship I think fed gunships would wreck me without some help. Thanks for the guide!

It’s because you basically do a spiral when you spin around with strafe. And without strafe implant or a strafe engine, it won’t work. You’d move mostly in a straight line while spinning. 

The standard strafe is more than enough to do circles around frigates. You have to consider that on overdrive, your strafe speed is also increased 50%.

a new bug for adaptive shields has appeared where the effects do not stack. apparantly this will be fixed in the next patch so until then, replace one adaptive shield with some other flat resist. would advise thermal or em