Grav Lens need a little nerf.

Hello everybody!

If you’ve ever played some t4 during the past month, you’ve surely been caught at least once in a gravity lens, without any chance to escape. The problem with this module are its big range, its enormous damage, its ability to deal damage without any notification (except the icon) and through walls, and  the fact that it doesn’t damage your allies nor the user. 

I have some suggestions to how to solve those issues, and I’d like to share them with you:

• All of you know that a black hole can kill an interceptor in very, very short time, without giving them any chance to react. The black hole should deal only something like 5% of the total hull as kinetic damage per second.

• The black hole should at least damage the user, because then there’s absolutely no drawback in using     it.  I’ve even seen people using blackholes to lunch themselves forward at greater speeds than their maximum.

• There should be a warning message and some kind of indicator that says were the black hole is.

• Maybe a nerf in its range.  

I’m not saying that all this suggestions should be put in the game, only some of them. Tell me which of them you think could be the most effective ones in order to solve the problem.

(I’m sorry for any errors)

Or at least showing it on radar would be nice. Or maybe showing its drag radius on the HUD.

In the first death it is impossible to find out where it was when it killed me.  This module needs an icon on the map or an Icon on your hud.  Having people say well just bring a ECM is not the answer.  Its hard to find and the range is massive 2500m my interceptors weapons don’t shoot that far !!!  I m blown away this wasn’t looked at in the last update. Jerico interceptors may as well not be used.

In the first death it is impossible to find out where it was when it killed me.  This module needs an icon on the map or an Icon on your hud.  Having people say well just bring a ECM is not the answer.  Its hard to find and the range is massive 2500m my interceptors weapons don’t shoot that far !!!  I m blown away this wasn’t looked at in the last update. Jerico interceptors may as well not be used.

I made this post right after watching your video, because right now seriously that module is OP. 

• It has an icon on a HUD, and Icon pops up there during charging, before it starts dealing real dmg

• Area where icon is shown is considerably bigger than dmg range

• during charging you will have xxxx tons of small dmg numbers on your HULL hp bar, that is if you are within dmg range

• Charging has distinctive sound so you can hear it is in process around.

I am not saying current version is balanced, but all of these are facts.

• It has an icon on a HUD, and Icon pops up there during charging, before it starts dealing real dmg

• Area where icon is shown is considerably bigger than dmg range

• during charging you will have xxxx tons of small dmg numbers on your HULL hp bar, that is if you are within dmg range

• Charging has distinctive sound so you can hear it is in process around.

I am not saying current version is balanced, but all of these are facts.

Then you probably didn’t understand the issue. The problem is with already placed black holes, which deal damage through everything in a big radius. The only things that say you that there’s a black hole are the icon on the hud and the damage, but they don’t provide any information on where the black hole is, so you have to start moving in a random direction, hoping that your direction isn’t the one where the black hole is.

I was just replying to AdamWest comment.

I was just replying to AdamWest comment.

Yep,  kost is right.  Currently eating my words “or an icon on hud”.  Nom nom.  

I meant to say is a directional icon on your hud like a friendly or enemy ship appears.  (on the outskirts of shield or energy.).  To help you get away from the hole.  As interceptors will get eaten fast.

For me, indication on a radar would be probably enough, not sure i would wantit to be like a beacon, and if it is the same as a drone/microlocator/station i dont think it be of to much help.

Gravi lens needs a big nerf. Like deleting it. : ) 

Since the new patch I started playing pvp with r11+ ships again and quickly remembered why I don’t do these ranks so often. In beacon capturing mode there was nothing but almost constant gravi lensing. I boldly chose guard to play and all I got was 4-5 gravi lenses affecting my ship at the same time. It’s an interesting module and I understand it was meant to break up frig balls but it is not good for the game-play. In pvp with beacons it is just ridiculous. Even the destructor was nerfed because of beacon shooting.  

Instead, I could imagine a module that pushes ships outward without blocking the view of half of the screen. I don’t know… lets give it a name: shock-wave generator. It could have a short, few seconds, effect pushing ships away rapidly by a few thousand meters while sending out exploding waves with light effects and damaging shield and then hull somewhat. Nah, I am done with my TDRFox moment.

Again, its range, damage and view blocking effect is ridiculous and ruining the game play.

Gravi lens needs a big nerf. Like deleting it. : ) 

Since the new patch I started playing pvp with r11+ ships again and quickly remembered why I don’t do these ranks so often. In beacon capturing mode there was nothing but almost constant gravi lensing. I boldly chose guard to play and all I got was 4-5 gravi lenses affecting my ship at the same time. It’s an interesting module and I understand it was meant to break up frig balls but it is not good for the game-play. In pvp with beacons it is just ridiculous. Even the destructor was nerfed because of beacon shooting.  

Instead, I could imagine a module that pushes ships outward without blocking the view of half of the screen. I don’t know… lets give it a name: shock-wave generator. It could have a short, few seconds, effect pushing ships away rapidly by a few thousand meters while sending out exploding waves with light effects and damaging shield and then hull somewhat. Nah, I am done with my TDRFox moment.

Again, its range, damage and view blocking effect is ridiculous and ruining the game play.

Using a non-federation frigate in a t4 match is mostly a suicide. Playing with a jericho guard is probably the worst thing possible, because the black hole will rip your ship apart while you hopelessly try to escape. In my opinion, the module is super cool, but it needs to be powered down.

Module needs a stronger pull and no damage. The damage part is completely unreasonable, especially since it denies one side from outmaneuvering the other around beacons. This means most fights devolve into two way slug-fest skirmishes with a deadzone (full of gravitational lens effects) between.

For a support destroyer, there’s not a lot of CC going on for this class. Just lots and lots of damage from everything under the sun.

If you’re going to keep the damage, at least make it damage that harms friends as well. That way its an area denial weapon against both allies and enemies, which forces you to position it well.

One can dream I suppose.

Module needs a stronger pull and no damage. The damage part is completely unreasonable, especially since it denies one side from outmaneuvering the other around beacons. This means most fights devolve into two way slug-fest skirmishes with a deadzone (full of gravitational lens effects) between.

For a support destroyer, there’s not a lot of CC going on for this class. Just lots and lots of damage from everything under the sun.

If you’re going to keep the damage, at least make it damage that harms friends as well. That way its an area denial weapon against both allies and enemies, which forces you to position it well.

One can dream I suppose.

Destroyers aren’t supporter they are Damage Dealer and Tank at the same time(and Long Range sometimes)

Destroyers aren’t supporter they are Damage Dealer and Tank at the same time(and Long Range sometimes)

Yes, and now they are also healers, fast movers, suppressors, crowd controllers…

THAT’S the problem. They can do EVERYTHING

Yes, and now they are also healers, fast movers, suppressors, crowd controllers…

THAT’S the problem. They can do EVERYTHING

they aren’t ECM yet, but r14 will come and who knows

they aren’t ECM yet, but r14 will come and who knows

Let’s hope they just don’t have massive EM pulses that disables things or some other bullshit like that…

R11 is OP even in T5, so new dessis will bring Dessie conflict real soon.