Graphics Rendering Issue

A lot of people have been saying that this has happened to them as well so expect more threads soon…

The game is having serious difficulty rendering. Models seem to load okay but the environment has some serious problems, and what normally runs at 144+ frames per second (vsynced, runs at 250+ when not) now runs at 50-58 frames, 61ish max. I have no idea what the problem is but I will attach my logs and some screenshots, hopefully devs can get a hotfix out there for this.

Normal Frame Rate

zbDL4zd.jpg

Frame Rate Drop, Graphics Failure

QRVl14G.jpg

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8599)

yeah, got similar issue, but for me i get FPS drop only after i die and resp in a ship again, then i see 70% FPS drop.

[FPS drop.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8600)

there is a temporary workaround:

find the “game.exe” and run it with this parameter:

-nosteam -nod3d9ex

it solved problem for me (but might not work for everybody)

I’ve been able to fix the problem after rebooting my computer/restarting the game. I don’t know if that works for anyone else, but it’s worth a shot, I guess.

The first time I had the problem, it was after I died. It hasn’t triggered on death since.

-nosteam -nod3d9ex

That fixed all the problems for me. Tnx i guess

Problem’s back. Gonna give your fix a shot.

it’s fixed now 

it’s fixed now 

no, it is not.

it’s fixed now 

no, it is not.

Not for me either. It works slightly more consistently but definitely still flops on occasion.

Wow you have some damn good eyes if your can distinguish anything higher than 30 fps.

If you need 60FPS+ you should submit yourself to some research so the human race can find what is different with your vision. Not only your vision, but your cognition to perceive 60FPS+.

You are a xmen type mutation jump forward for the human race.

There is a huge difference in 30 FPS and 60 FSP and even 120 FPS (as long as your machine can handle it including hardware support on monitor side)

see for yourself here:

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

Now you’ve shown my sarcasm to be slightly idiotic!

In all honesty it is hard to see the difference above 60.

That background makes me motion sick.

Were I to stop being stupid for a few moments I would say that I see where you guys are coming from, but I would rather the developers put there time into resolving other issues.

-nosteam -nod3d9ex

Please explain how to do this.  I am newb.

Wow you have some damn good eyes if your can distinguish anything higher than 30 fps.

If you need 60FPS+ you should submit yourself to some research so the human race can find what is different with your vision. Not only your vision, but your cognition to perceive 60FPS+.

You are a xmen type mutation jump forward for the human race.

That works for movies where the fps are 24 (if i remember well). But for game rendering there are HUGE differences between 30 average fps and 60+.

This is a good comparison video from a real game running at 30 and 60.  

It’ not so hard to see the difference…

Minor possible fix I can suggest:

Disable vsync. If it’s off, enable it, then disable it again.

I dunno why, but that worked for me. It’s not vsynced anymore, but it runs much smoother.

I noticed in the .14 patch discussion board that there was a quick fix added for a frame rate issue.

So the developers  certainly feel this was worth fixing.

Now I am questioning if I should get a better video card. O ya those cost money. Ya parent hood.

Now I am going to drop vsync and other settings to see if I can get to around 50ish. See if it changes anything for me.

I noticed in the .14 patch discussion board that there was a quick fix added for a frame rate issue.

So the developers  certainly feel this was worth fixing.

Now I am questioning if I should get a better video card. O ya those cost money. Ya parent hood.

Now I am going to drop vsync and other settings to see if I can get to around 50ish. See if it changes anything for me.

If you don’t get more than 100 fps, probably shouldn’t be using vsync >.>