Graphics option "Limit the active game window FPS" doesn't work

What it says on the tin, limiting FPS of a minimized game doesn’t work either.

Should be easy enough to reproduce.

A picture with FPS counter and FPS limit to prove that I’m not telling tall tales.

screenshot-161231-195601.jpg.d0229826dac168f15d008bb0b743cd71.jpg

just asking, why would you limit your active game window FPS to an amount lower than 60 FPS? (I limited mine to 60 and its working fine for me)

Try it in full screen mode. Windowed mode typically overrides artificial frame rate limits, even V sync…

58 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

Try it in full screen mode. Windowed mode typically overrides artificial frame rate limits, even V sync…

Doesn’t matter whether it works in fullscreen mode or not, though it does not. Vsync doesn’t work either, interesting enough.

After checking the game on a different computer, FPS limiting seems to work fine. Since it’d take a lot of data to give along with hassle in order to make any sort of fix for this, as it appears to not be a global problem, I suppose I’ll just ignore it until it goes away as it’s not really a major problem. Though I suppose it just doesn’t save the settings once I change them and it’d be an easy fix, maybe one of these days I’ll get around to it.

2 hours ago, Papitas said:

just asking, why would you limit your active game window FPS to an amount lower than 60 FPS? (I limited mine to 60 and its working fine for me)

Good for you. For the record, no matter what number I set it to FPS limiting refuses to work.

Does the pc have options in the gpu settings software?

13 hours ago, RennieAshII said:

Does the pc have options in the gpu settings software?

Could be that some external app that you use is overriding the commands in SC.

Funny story, it fixed itself with PC reboot. A mystery for the ages, then.

Also, I’m not using any external apps. Nor am I using any special driver settings. In any case, they haven’t been touched for ages.

lul

Okay, this issue is solved.

Case closed.