Granite - ship with identity crisis

On 10/4/2018 at 9:45 AM, Rob40468 said:

I got my hands on this overpriced bad boy recently and have no clue what role it wants to fulfil.

It’s weapon is clearly meant to be used at long ranges, with 4 km base range and low fire rate. Adaptive resonator module also promotes that extending the range to over 5km. Yet bonus fire rate from Satisfaction Algorithm passive triggers only at 2.5km. That means either that you must charge forward for this fantastic team buff and risk being destroyed (its not very maneuverable and missing is very punishing) or trigger only at ally death, conflicting what command ship should do - buffing allies resistances so healers have it easier to keep them alive.
So then I thought, maybe it mean to be tank? Adaptive Resonator buffs my resistance for each ally nearby. Nope - I got ‘Archangeled’ from full to zero even with coating polarizer on. This module seems to not work properly or I am missing something, the in-game tooltip says something different than in hangar. In the end, I had to reroll back to old trusty Diffusion Shield giving up the damage and weapon effect is kinda pointless.
Anti-sabotage module is great, but need it’s effect changed - the bubble greatly covers the view.

Conclusions of the ship:
-Adaptive resonator doesn’t work properly. It seems just to increase resistances by 50pts once, not by 40 for each ally nearby.
-Less tank capability than Saw One or even Aura.
-DPS is on the level, but rate of fire OR projectile speed is just dreadful.
-Resonator promotes long-range fire, while buffs and passive are not.
-Going full Diffusion Shield regain some of the tank, but you must give up the damage.

Suggestions:
Decide what this ship is meant to be - close range ‘Buffship’ like Loki or long range proper command.

Close range:
-Change class bonus to command modules strength
-Increase base speed a little
-Change 25% energy regen bonus to hull resistances or even weapon damage
-Energy discharger - decrease range, increase rate of fire. Hitting target also increase duration of other command modules.

Long range:
-Change class bonus to command module range
-Move engine or capacitor slot to cpu
-Change 25% energy regen bonus to EM weapon projectile speed and spread (so it also buffs Phaser or bubbles)
-Satisfaction algorithm: triggers at 4km with less duration. Extensible by energy discharger hits
-Energy discharger: hitting targets increase duration of other command modules and satisfaction algorithm buff.

Adaptive resonator:
-Fix the resistance buff or turn it into weaker diffusion shield like Archangel doing with overdrive
-‘Scope’ range buff could also affect allies.
-Add some visuals to indicate it’s still on without having to watch the icons

Anti-sabotage 2.1
-Change the visuals, too much covering the screen making it nuisance for allies
-Lower the CD to 30 something seconds

For now, not worth 60 electrum tbh.

Try this. 

High energy regen allows to use cruise engine, if you use it good is very fun ship. Permanent run and singularity cannon, when lose hull stop run and use special module…

screenshot-180412-154031.jpg.ccded7dc9e7899e13545c64cc466e4ba.jpg