Game Size

This is a somewhat more detailed response to the poll today, with respect to team size (i.e. wings). 

The minimal team size I’m interested in is 8v8.

ok, let me put this in clearer words. 

if there are less than 8 players per team, i am not interested in entering a game. This game is not satisfying for me 4v4. It is not satisfying for me 6v6. It is satisfying for me 8v8, 9v9, 10v10, et cetera.

my opinion is not, that 12v12 is a nice size, but i’ll settle for 8v8, 6v6, 4v4, et cetera. this goes for all game modes: don’t serve me small matches. I’m not interested 

<>

P.S. lately the team sizes i’ve been able to get through matchmaking are really tiny. I wait 2 min for a 3v3 game, then later today 2 min for a 4v4 game. These kinds of small, underpopulated matches are simply not fun for me.

<>

P.P.S. is it just me or is sector conquest constantly on P.M.S. AKA preparation stage? is this game mode going to be available for play sometimes? Comon devs it’s ludicrous you’ve released a game mode but every time i try to access it it’s “offline” for some odd reason. 

I have a lot of critique for you with respect to sector conquest - but from my perspective, you’ve failed with respect to basic functionality. From my perspective your new game mode is not functioning. It has a menu option that does not work. It has a button that is disabled. It has a nice poster animation that is vacant of any content. Sector conquest is not there. 

Sector Conquest has a schedule, 3 hours waiting, 1 hour playing. 

I fully agree that games with less than 12 players per team are far from funny. There is almost no war, just camping, 10 minutes doing nothing, with less than 10 kills per team.

I fully agree that games with less than 12 players per team are far from funny. There is almost no war, just camping, 10 minutes doing nothing, with less than 10 kills per team.

Translation: Sector conquest is 75% not functioning, 25% functioning. 

jk

For me to care about this mode having a schedule, and treating a schedule as something more than “broken time”, the game mode has to have something in it that is engaging. On it’s own merits, sector conquest needs to be something that is interesting to get into. Like a mini game. 

It is void these elements. Therefore my opinion is that “3 hr prep, 1 hr game” schedule = 75% broken, 25%

working. 

let me put it in other words. I enter the game. Go into launch menu. Go into sector conquest. See sign: come back later. why should i come back at all? 

at small game sizes the game devolves into a series of small 1v1s and 2v2s. my fun is the team aspect of the game, more than the dog-fighting aspect.

We need a bigger playerbase, and we need it ASAP.

Perhaps for the time being, the devs should completely NULLIFY the 3v3, 4v4, and all that fugly kind of matches and FORCE every single time a minimum of 12v12, no matter how long you have to wait. Because let’s face it, a 3v3 with bots, a 6v6 or even an 8v8 is the worst kind of match you can get, it’s boring, it’s slow, it usually ends in “The Neverending Camping-Defense Behind Some Asteroid” or something even sadder like a farmest. I wouldn’t mind to wait a little bit longer just to get a DECENT match. I don’t want to play a MMO ALONE or a constant “1 on 1 DUEL with spectators (the bots)”, no thanks.

We need a bigger playerbase, and we need it ASAP.

Perhaps for the time being, the devs should completely NULLIFY the 3v3, 4v4, and all that fugly kind of matches and FORCE every single time a minimum of 12v12, no matter how long you have to wait. Because let’s face it, a 3v3 with bots, a 6v6 or even an 8v8 is the worst kind of match you can get, it’s boring, it’s slow, it usually ends in “The Neverending Camping-Defense Behind Some Asteroid” or something even sadder like a farmest. I wouldn’t mind to wait a little bit longer just to get a DECENT match. I don’t want to play a MMO ALONE or a constant “1 on 1 DUEL with spectators (the bots)”, no thanks.

Although 12v12 matches tend to be best, I have found some of the smaller matches enjoyable.  It does depend on the match type of course.  A 3v3 detonation comes down to who has the fastest ship.  A 3v3 with humans can be enjoyable and change up strategies a lot, and if you can talk to your team and they listen it’s great.  A 12v12 actually has a limitation of bad players.  I like larger matches as a “support” player, but in the right circumstance I don’t mind a 3v3 I lose.

If bots are involved, xxxx it.  Get rid of that xxxx.

Bots need to be revamped