Game / Match Type

I’ve noticed a few post relating to suggestions for extras that could be introduced to the game i.e.: Mining / Trading etc.

Taking such on board and mulling it over in my head, those suggestions aren’t necessarily a bad idea, especially if the initial concept it distilled and reproduced into a form that would be similar to the initial idea, while also still keeping a competitive edge and turning such into a match variety.

Mining Match

For example when someone says mining, perhaps a match where your team has to harvest a certain quantity of ores / minerals, however these nodes are in a single locations and are scattered making the threat of gun fire still relevant. For example;

• Point A contains Iron Ore. There is no quantity max so the node won’t run out, however it can only be found at point A.
  • Point B contains Valuable Gasses. As with point A the node won’t run out, but again can only be found in one area.
  • Point C contains Historical Data. The data will remain even after harvesting, but it only available in one location.

Lets say each team requires 1500 Iron, 1000 Gas and 1500 bites of data. A match can either be won by killing your opponent / stopping them reaching the required levels, or can also be won by reaching the quota. With either route there will still be gun fire as both teams will have to go to the same areas, however if a player doesn’t necessarily like / feel confident in a dog fight they can equip their ship for mining in the hope of winning the match by reaching the required quantity.

Yes this is much like the current capture the beacons, however with only three locations that are technically shared, so it will add an element of both haste and thrill of the fight.

Trading Match

Secondly Trading and as with the Mining idea, once distilled this could also be a potential match variety, while keeping the battle element.

This time however Red Team has 3 trading posts and Blue Team also has 3 trading posts. Each trading post cannot be reached with a singular infiltrator jump, which will mean that each sides ships will essentially warp into the same area between jumps (fire fight)(Trading posts being laid out in a cross formation, utilising the four edges of the map). Each team will require to collect a quantity of material from 2 trading posts and return such to their spawn area training post.

The team that reaches the required number first wins, or if you take out all the oppositions ships you also win.

This is almost like the Mining idea, however each team has areas of their own, much like the current beacons…the element of combat is still a valid tactic, however as with Mining it will suit a varieties of player as you don’t have to take out the enemy to win like you do with the beacons.

I apologise it anyone feels this is repetition of a thread or their idea, it’s a post to try forward the cause of any suggestion by means of explanation etc. If anyone would like to contribute additional information to the above information please feel free to post it below and I’ll edit the initial post with tags to who suggested said additional information.

These are actually quite interesting ideeas for game modes. Hopefully they will be implemented 1-2 years or so after the game launch

Thanks Dr3ilz, I’ve essentially just taken some of the draft ideas that a few other players have suggested and distilled them into game types that could be feasible additions to the game in the future if the developer thought so too. I can’t take sole claim for the initial idea but I think my development / take on it could be ‘interesting’.

Added to my initial explanation, this could also open up a whole field of new ships / ship modules, trade / carrier and mining. These ships would most likely be units that would need fighter support for defence…much like artillery tanks in World of Tanks. I remember back in Freelancer (Microsoft) that you could equip guns to trade vessels, however you didn’t have much self defence and would ultimately require a wingman or support, especially when transporting a large quantity of valuable good…there’s no reason why the two game type ideas couldn’t incorporate a similar thing.

Additional Information: There’s also no reason why the Mining and Trading game type ideas couldn’t be merged, meaning you have to obtain ores / minerals from certain locations, then transport them to a singular drop off facility for processing…or construction site:

• Mine / Gather the items on a list, required to construct a mega vessel. Once you collect all the necessary items the vessel will finish construction. First team to gather and complete the process wins.

im thinkin for Free 4 All , and deathmatch, point Match…

Point Match kinda like like deathmatch but instead permanent death till end of the fight, you change your ship but the one recently destroyed… and both side compete to who first make the other team point 0 .

i dont think need explain free4all and deathmatch

im thinkin for Free 4 All , and deathmatch, point Match…

Point Match kinda like like deathmatch but instead permanent death till end of the fight, you change your ship but the one recently destroyed… and both side compete to who first make the other team point 0 .

i dont think need explain free4all and deathmatch

Only problem by infinite respawn how to handle ship repair and ammo refill?

im actually thinkin about slow-repairing progress like in some other japanese moe-bots game ,the unit you not use being repaired over time in “garage” , so if you died too fast (example suicide with self destruc module?), the unit in stock might not fully repaired yet …

while about the ammo… either using ammo stock in warehouse each time you re-enter with the ship you used already (or autobuy?) , or maybe you can collect random flying “cargo” in battlefield which contain missiles reload?

Thanks for the nice ideas :wink:

I liked to read them and I also hope to see some of them in the future.

Only problem by infinite respawn how to handle ship repair and ammo refill?

Good point, but infinite spawn could become flexible, taking Battlefield 3 etc for example. You have what might seem an infinite number of reinforcement and each time you or a team mate dies and respawns the figure slowly drops. You might never use your entire allocated figure meaning it is as good as infinite, but at the same rate it could be seen as unfair to players who evade more and die less.

im actually thinkin about slow-repairing progress like in some other japanese moe-bots game ,the unit you not use being repaired over time in “garage” , so if you died too fast (example suicide with self destruc module?), the unit in stock might not fully repaired yet …

while about the ammo… either using ammo stock in warehouse each time you re-enter with the ship you used already (or autobuy?) , or maybe you can collect random flying “cargo” in battlefield which contain missiles reload?

I love the explanation on both the repair of ships and stock of ammo, both could be extremely feasible routes, not necessarily used in many mainstream western games )

Note: I’ll edit the initial post with additional notes / links / quotes when I return from the office )