Game doesn't accept keyboard lanuage changes

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | While in game, changing the keyboard language does not change the language that the game receives. (For example, if you open the game with your keyboard set to English, changing it to Chinese has no impact on what you type while the game is open) |
| What you expected to see | I expected to be able to change my keyboard language while in game. |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Have the game open and change keyboard language. (Win+Space) |
| Problem details | See above. |
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

Unable to reproduce

7217858230cce48d520c002c9658.png

Is this actually about the keyboard layout or about triggering the Chinese IME?

It never changes for me for some reason.

8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Unable to reproduce

7217858230cce48d520c002c9658.png

I try to change it and it just keeps typing in English…

May have something to do with that sound bug too. Where if you change sound devices while the game is open it will not produce any sound at all.

Idk it just seems similar.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It never changes for me for some reason.

I try to change it and it just keeps typing in English…

Than make a proper bug report with some more details, using Win+Space to change to e.g. Russian works flawlessly. (and make sure that your keyboard layout is actually sending what you expect to the game, and not expecting the windows IME to handle it, since that one is (kown(?)) broken.)

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

May have something to do with that sound bug too. Where if you change sound devices while the game is open it will not produce any sound at all.

Idk it just seems similar.

Fully unrelated, and lol a issue exclusive to the “superior os” /s

5 hours ago, John161 said:

Win+Space to change to e.g. Russian works flawlessly.

Russian does not work for me…

When I hold the windows key and hit space, the game ignores the windows key and just hits space. Thereby not switching the languages to begin with.

Tabbing to another open window then using the shortcut will change the language for all other programs, but the game typing language remains unchanged.

I believe it’s related to the not so recent change that makes most windows commands not work in game. (that people were using to leave the game while in a battle and honestly IT’S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL THAT YOU NEED TO HANDICAP EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE OF A HANDFUL OF A-HOLES. But that’s just my stand on that topic.)

15 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Russian does not work for me…

When I hold the windows key and hit space, the game ignores the windows key and just hits space. Thereby not switching the languages to begin with.

Tabbing to another open window then using the shortcut will change the language for all other programs, but the game typing language remains unchanged.

So in other words your title is wrong and it is about SC not letting you change your keyboard language, no about it not accepting the change (the 2nd one implies that it did actually change but the game just still writes in english). So does this only affect changing if the shortcut is bound to Win+Space or also with the default Alt + Shift (if this is the default, I don’t remember).

44 minutes ago, John161 said:

So in other words your title is wrong and it is about SC not letting you change your keyboard language, no about it not accepting the change (the 2nd one implies that it did actually change but the game just still writes in english). So does this only affect changing if the shortcut is bound to Win+Space or also with the default Alt + Shift (if this is the default, I don’t remember).

It’s a little of both.

And win+Space is the default. Idk how to change it honestly.

12 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It’s a little of both.

And win+Space is the default. Idk how to change it honestly.

And I’m not taking a wild guess at which Windows version (a mimimum mention for a bug report in the wrong section) you are using and in which mess of options this is hidden, so jus google it. And at least in Windows 7 I was constantly annoyed by alt+shift or control+shift or something similar constantly chanhig my keyboard layout while playing SC (until disabled it).

Oh Windows 10 lmao.

You’re right it’s kinda silly not to have mentioned that.

As I understand, problems there are for Chinese layout only.

It isn’t a bug: Chinese layout user must enable in the game launcher.

14 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

As I understand, problems there are for Chinese layout only.

It isn’t a bug: Chinese layout user must enable in the game launcher.

Chinese was an example.

Russian is what doesn’t work.

Why did I say Chinese? The world may never know.

Anyways I think tge root of the problem is blocking Windows key commands while in the game.

8 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Russian is what doesn’t work.

Wait for screenshot.

Also, is enabled russian layout in your OS? May you write on russian here?

1 hour ago, Skula1975 said:

Wait for screenshot.

Also, is enabled russian layout in your OS? May you write on russian here?

Skula is it possible for you to switch keyboard layout in game with Win+Space? Since this is what this report seems to be about.

Это Русская This is English

Works fine here.

Like I said it only stops working in game. Works fine everywhere else.

йцукенгшщзхъфывапролджэячсмитьбю everything works. (Though I can’t seem to get accent keys to work in any regard.)

23 hours ago, John161 said:

Skula is it possible for you to switch keyboard layout in game with Win+Space

Yes

I don’t understand how to reproduce it

7 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Are you using windows 10?

Maybe it’s just a hidden compatibility issue.

41 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Are you using windows 10?

Maybe it’s just a hidden compatibility issue.

looks like win 10 to me, also TheRedDarkFox which window mode do you use (Windowed/Full-screen Windowed/Exclusive Full-screen)