Game Constantly Crashing

1. Description of the problem, what happened.

Game has been crashing a lot while playing, and especially since the Journey update. Sometimes I can play longer than others, but ultimately my game will decide to crash when I’m in the middle of a battle, and I try to get back in but it’s too laggy. However, it doesn’t actually matter what I’m doing in the game, the game will crash the same way no matter what, I could even being doing PvP or on an Open Space assignment. So the issue probably doesn’t have to do with gamemodes.

2. What did you expected to happen?

I expected my game not to crash.

3. The conditions during the situation?

Normal, always is when this happens…

4. Further details on the issue?

5. Frequency of occurrence?

Pretty much every time I play the game now.

6. Logs + [screenshots](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/18799-how-to-takepost-screenshots/) or a video (Including a description of the issue, where to and how to reproduce it)

(Log is attached to post)

7. If possible, the time when it happened. In this case we will be able to look more closely to the server logs. Also mention your time zone.

It’s when I’m always playing the game, different times throughout the day. I’d like to say I think I live in CMT.

8. Information on the configuration of your computer (DxDiag)

(Doing this from the about section cause I’m on Mac…)

iMac 2011

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon  HD 6750M 512 MB

Serial Number: C02GQVWADHJF

Software: macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4

9. The results of this [program](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25324-info-connection-losses-high-ping-and-related-issues/) if the bug report is related to connection issues.

10. If the complaint is related to Sector Conquest, it is necessary to specify the location and time + timezone of the happening.

I also noticed in the log it says the game crashed cause I’m out of memory. Being on a Mac, how would I apply more RAM/memory to my game if that is to resolve this?

Note: I have tried running the game with and without Steam.

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17056)

Here’s the reason for this:

==========
19:40:57.481    FATAL| ===!!! Out of system memory !!!===

Also, you should provide a whole folder, not just one file.

54 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Here’s the reason for this:

==========
19:40:57.481    FATAL| ===!!! Out of system memory !!!===

Also, you should provide a whole folder, not just one file.

Okay, I wasn’t told to do that though.

And, if you read my post, you’ll also see I did notice the “out of memory” error.

Compressed the folder file and attached it, but had to remove the “waicache” folder because the size was too large. Hope that isn’t required…

StarConflict.zip

It could most likely be video memory, 4GB of RAM are enough even if its DDR3 at low speed, but 512MB of video memory? What is this, 2005?

Just now, xXThunderFlameXx said:

It could most likely be video memory, 4GB of RAM are enough even if its DDR3 at low speed, but 512MB of video memory? What is this, 2005?

Well, when your computer is from mid-2011 and a Christmas gift, you don’t really get a say in the specs (in my case, I had no idea I was going to get a new computer).

But still, 2011? You really couldn’t scrape for a better card? Anything from the last 3 years would have done it.

15 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

But still, 2011? You really couldn’t scrape for a better card? Anything from the last 3 years would have done it.

Sadly my life has made it to where I cannot put expenses towards a new computer or upgrading my current one at all since I’ve had it. Sounds pathetic I know, but there’s no way I could’ve anticipated things were going to turn out this way; I’ve never really been able to predict the future. If I’m correct, it’s more likely this computer will end up croaking on me before I have a chance to alter it at this point (also keep in mind Macs are all-in-one, so if I wanted something changed, I’d have to go through a different process than changing out a graphics card in a PC). I didn’t even get this computer for gaming, it was for Photoshop, photography, and videos, so I didn’t know I’d be getting into Star Conflict. Chances are I may just end up buying a new computer in the future if I can afford it.

Apple is definitely not the best choice for gaming, it barely is for a workstation, I built my computer on my own and it was less cheap and performs better than anything apple has to offer at that price point, and that goes for the phones too.

Game runs out of memory all the time. I thik there’s a leak in this patch.

39 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Game runs out of memory all the time. I thik there’s a leak in this patch.

There has been for quite some time now.

1 hour ago, Skula1975 said:

… ?

2 hours ago, Exarus said:

… ?

Internal number for tracking. It means that the bug was put into the bug database.

6 hours ago, niripas said:

Internal number for tracking. It means that the bug was put into the bug database.

Ah okay. Thanks

hey im having the same problem right now did you fix it?