Frigates...how lmae are they?

OK, I have made it through to get my first frigate, and I’ve played on many other games where small capitol ships are used. First thing…its not a real frigate if anything it might be a corvette, but since your only allowed one gun no matter how many guns the intro shows and how many options they give you…all based I’m sure on long term play and skills that take time to build. But If you look at the intro and the hanger view of the craft, then you’ll see that it has many turrets adorned on its top, and even if that meant you could only chose one basic weapon DESIGN…say beams, you still should have more than one on board. It also would mean that you’d have a chance at ‘heavy’ weapons, not the same guns that are being used on your fighters.

Turrets mean you have defenses that you can use against things like light fighters that are many times more maneuverable than you, and shields many times stronger then the medium fighters have. If your flying something that big and heavy then it needs things that help keep it safe for long enough to kill something big as well. The frigate would be the classic beacon killer, with heavier weapons or more of the same size, than any fighter, and heavy enough shields to take a pounding for a few minutes to at least do some damage. If you like fast furious action, a frigate isn’t the thing for you, and since it cant out fly a light or medium fighter, its dead soon after a real attack, and all this and it doesn’t even have the capacities it should to do the job correctly. The way it is now at least the first one you can get, its just a big, slow, fighter with little to no advantages besides bragging you have one.

Frigates = firepower, at least 3-4 of the same size guns as fighters, and one auto-firing reverse turret for defense, (light gun, short range)

frigate = sniper ship. leave how he is or will be overpower.

I also think frigates are good in the way they are now because with more firepower they would kill everything and still have enough defence to stand every attack.

Well if everyone agrees then I will say this…check other space games, maybe calling it a frigate gave me the wrong idea because its really a heavy fighter, nothing more, and it doesn’t really qualify as a sniper because the weapons on it are exactly the same range as every fighter has in the game so there’s no distance advantage either.

Well if everyone agrees then I will say this…check other space games, maybe calling it a frigate gave me the wrong idea because its really a heavy fighter, nothing more, and it doesn’t really qualify as a sniper because the weapons on it are exactly the same range as every fighter has in the game so there’s no distance advantage either.

Did you try the sniper mode on the F button?

there right frigs are kinda sniping ships u may have got the wrong idea casue some space games have a big selection of ships like eve a frig in that is tiny compared to a dred or a captial ship but its mostly only using for support plus is this not the wrong place to post ur thread if ur in the beta there should be a beta forum for u to post it

frigate function is back support, can either covering fire with long range sniping, missile defense ,or medic… yes… you heard me, frigate are the repair ship , there’s exist aura module for frigate that repair your hull (1k range) and shield (2k range)

but well… imo… need more range… should like twice those… especialy frigate very slow…

no, that would make them tanks, healers and brigners of dooom!!! :wink:

anyway they are good imo, it would be too easy while incresing range of regeneration. it is good as it is

like we all know… their weakness is on slow movement, slow rate of turn, power consume and… long term grinding…

without right tech for lessened weapon and module energy use and tune for energy regen , using healing aura or shield aura make your frigate almost cant shoot… ,using both is gonna drain your power like crazy, even just moving around with it… you prolly only can shoot once or twice before all your energy gone …

not mention frigate need ALL tech skill tree . Unlike interceptors and fighter that can just go with focusing 1 tree, without lot of grind for research and passive module… you can hardly unlock true potential of frigate as Bringer of Doom . This make building good frigate is considered long term planning, and at early level you prolly can only snipe with it. no suprise most of ppl think frigate is lame at first sight

so yea… first tier frigate is lame… but say that to higher tier frigate player with lots of research